quickdagger

Dagger Scopes, Weapons, Ammunition and Gear

4 hours ago, quickdagger said:

I don;t like it, just like you but, I don't loose hope because things change all the time in A3. Some months ago it was possible to change default zero and now it is not anymore.

Who knows what the winds of change will bring in the future? :)

sadly that is the reason why most of the old modders have given up on arma...

20 hours ago, Plexyshard1490 said:

@spotter001 with ACE you need to use the Atrag to get the range card to update your zero or else it wont change, https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/atragmx.html scroll down to example 3.4 and read it will help you set the range card zero.

Uh, i can't get it to work. I'm using Daggers Mk13 with its ammo and my range card keeps showing 300m zero. I'm trying to get it to 100m.

I've set ACE3 options to Overwrite zero and set Default zero at 100m. But to no avail, still says 300m.

Yeah, same thing here. It was possible to change zero before and it is not possible anymore :(

sadly that is the reason why most of the old modders have given up on arma...

Yup, I know a couple of guys, even more, who gave up because of that.

Now they are changing the game's shader ... again. It means all my textures are appearing darker and red-ish now ... and I will not change them.

On 2018-03-03 at 2:05 PM, quickdagger said:

Yeah, same thing here. It was possible to change zero before and it is not possible anymore :(

You might want to try this:

CfgWeapons>Your Scope>

ace_scopeZeroRange = 100;
class ItemInfo: InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F {
            class OpticsModes {
                class Snip {
                    discreteDistance[] = {100};
                    discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;
                  };
            };
        };

Thanks for insights @111Insats,

I've managed to solve the problem, thanks to my ACE friends!

Just wait for the next release or add me on Steam, access my library and play the beta test version of the mod. If you are playing the beta version, please disable the official one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quickdagger said:

Thanks for insights @111Insats,

I've managed to solve the problem, thanks to my ACE friends!

Just wait for the next release or add me on Steam, access my library and play the beta test version of the mod. If you are playing the beta version, please disable the official one.

What's your Steam nickname? Glad to hear the issue was resolved.

The latest update, v0.11 is broken for me. Firing from any DGR weapon creates an explosion sound (like a hand grenade) when a bullet hits any object. Firing into air seems to be ok:)
Is it just me or something went wrong?

@111Insats

What's your Steam nickname? 

Dagger or Quickdagger.

@spotter001

I have solved the problem, you can try the beta until the next official release isn't ready.

First of all I must say that your Dagger Sniper Mod is amazing. The new ghillie options for uniforms and for weapons are beautiful and very useful. Thank you.
Now I also put to your consideration a compatibility problem that I found with the MRH Satellite mod (a mod that is also very good and adds a satellite, a portable system to connect with it from any position and other objects that help with communication between users and the satellite). When I charge Dagger Sniper Mod in a mission that includes a control center for the satellite, the console through which contact is made with the satellite, stops working. Surely something in your mod and Mr. H are on conflict. I will take the trouble to also inform Mr H. of this problem to see if either of the two manages to solve it. Again thank you very much.

The problem of incompatibility with the MRH Satellite mod only happens when I am not using the ACE3. With the interaction menu of the ACE3 everything works fine.

hi all,

Some people are asking recoils and I brought the discussion here, so that more people can benefit from it 🙂

There seems to be very little information on simulating proper barrel vibration for AR's and MG's to create true beaten zones in Arma 3 besides simply writing up cfgRecoils to force point of aim to "meta" a beaten zone.

If possible I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

My first weapon POC(Proof of Concept) for my group's weapons pack will be a Mk46 Mod 1 (with rpm reduced to 600) with Mk48 mod 1 and LWMMG to follow.

I have assembled RL dispersion and other technical data. My challenge now is to simulate "cone of fire" with point fire (3rd bursts) and area fire (6-10rd bursts) in one fire mode.

Note: We use full ACE3 (I am aware ACE3 has some burst dispersion but I have no idea how/where this could be edited).

Ideally I would have dispersion "open up" after the 4th round in a 6-10rd burst to create proper beaten zones.

In your opinion is this possible without creating seperate firemodes and how could this be accomplished?

All right, there are 2 ways of doing it for realistic results: 1) By keeping current weapons dispersion and tweaking recoil, or 2) by increasing weapon dispersion and keeping current recoil.

I prefer option 1 because vanilla recoils kick up too much, leaving to the player the responsibility for managing recoil with the mouse. I like to believe the soldier is managing recoil by using the proper firing stance. And also because a weapon system's dispersion is something that belongs to the system, not to recoil management. I mean, if you glue the weapon on a desk weighting 999999999999 tons, then recoil will be zero and the dispersion will be purely the system's dispersion, which is existent and smaller than the final MG cone of death. If you unglue the firearm and let it be fired by the shooter, then the cone of death becomes a bit bigger so, that's the challenge for me: How much recoil should be added in order to come up with realistic cones?

Considering the way BI codes recoil, then I have found this work to be try and error but, in the end I've managed to come up with realistic results. So, Dagger Sniper Mod offers you realistic "dispersion cones" for MG's. All MG's? No, only the Dagger ones, the ones starting the description with DGR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@quickdagger

Thank you. That confirms my own suspicions.

A Variant of Option 1 was what I initially had in mind looking at what can be configured in regards to dispersion and recoil to "simulate" proper cone of fire.

Based on the disparity I have noted between both Vanilla/Expansion/DLC and a lot of the other independently developed weapons and recoil configs versus RL data, I'll be looking at creating custom precision, recoil and eventually ammunition for each weapon system in our modpack to match the RL data I've already assembled and also keep our modpack size down to a minimum.

@quickdaggers as a sidenote, the detail of work in your Dagger Sniper Mod looks fantastic, and I hope the effort to achieve realism serves as an inspiration for others, to follow the same thought pattern as it has for me in my project.

Hi @Wolf ZA

Thank you.

I think I have some more good news for you. I have managed to reduce the mod's size by more than half 🙂

Just download the latest version from Steam.

Just be advised that I am still working on some weapon animations so, a few of them are not perfect right now. But I wanted to release the mod asap because the ghillies look awesome and also because downsizing is also good.

Keep it up!

• Like 2

Hello !

Thank's for this amazing mod ;) !

Please, anyone can say me if the mod is compatible with RHS armors ?

Thank's ;) !

Contact me Diveyez#1878 on Discord, I would like to help with Development of this project with Factions and more!

Hi all,

We have a new release. Check Steam and Armaholic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello QuickDagger!

First of all: awesome work!!

I am new to Arma 3 and I am currently trying to setup a realistic sniper simulator in my own small and privat scenario.

I downloaded a number of mods so far: of cause your DaggerMod as well as the "Bundeswehr"-Mod.

My Setup is the German G29 in .338 + your DGR 25x H59 Scope, because I like the reticle of the scope.

Now I noticed a propblem: I setup all data in the ATragMx. For example the 1000m result is 11.5Mil. But the adjustment in the scope is in MRAD. 

Is there a way to change the scope adjustment from MRAD to Mil increments? Or do I need to switch the scope? Maybe you have a recomendation for that?

Your answer would be highly appreciated!

Best regards

Gromskar

• Like 1

Hi Gromskar,

Mil and MRAD are the same thing. Do you mean MOA instead?

Al my scopes are in Mils, as well as my reticles.

Good luck.

Hi,
this is a great mod, but i dont want to use zeroing scope method in a ace, so how can i do ?