quickdagger

Dagger Scopes, Weapons, Ammunition and Gear

Dagger mod offers real life ballistics and reticles to Arma 3 players. It can be used on serious simulations of range estimation and bullet drop. Players can use real life balistics computers to play Arma 3 using Dagger ammo and rifles. The new gear introduces civilian hunting camo as well as fieldcraft painted camo patterns. Read the manuals for additional information.

Message to the users
This mod focuses on simulation and functional representation of shooting instead of exterior empty beauty. Please, do not rate it poorly just because you haven't found the exterior 3D models of the scopes or rifles you want. The real power of Dagger mods relies in providing low cost training to civilian and military shooters, rather by providing accurate reticles instead of 3D models of scopes, real life ballistics instead of highest damage as possible, hand made field craft camouflage painting techniques instead of official army this or that pixelated camouflage. 

Download

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33063

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1105446708

If you like my camouflages and want them in your game or real life project, let's talk.
If you want my real life ballistics calculations in your game or real life project, let's talk.

All the camouflages with the exception of the first one are my own creation and they are the result of years studying the subject. All the scopes' lines, dots, stadia lines, etc were built from scratch and were extensively calculated using real life engineering and ballistics knowledge, aquired from more than 10 years studying the subject. Nothing was copy pasted. Bullets hit the dots they are supposed to, considering you know which ammo type to choose and which climatic conditions to shoot.

Included rifles / calibers 

22 LR, 5.7 mm, 4.6 mm, .45 ACP, .220 Swift, .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO, .243 Win, .257 Roberts, .264 Win Mag / 6.5 mm, .270 Weatherby Mag, .277 / 6.8 SPC, 7.62x54R, .284 Rem Mag / 7mm, 30-06 Springfield, .308 / 7.62 NATO, .300 Win Mag, .300 Blackout, .303 Enfield / 7.7x56 Rimmed, 7.92x57 Mauser, .338 Lapua Magnum, .408 Cheytac, .50 BMG, .366 / 9.3x64 Brenneke.

Included scope's reticles

Broken scope, AN/PVS-7, Swarovski Aug 1.5x, Leupold Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T, Carl Gustav MAAWS 3x scope, Aimpoint Compm4s 3x, Trijicon Acog TA33A-13 3x, Zeiss ZF 3x4°, Elcan C79, Elcan M145 (for 5.56x45), Elcan M145 (for 7.62x51), WWII Enfield No.4 3.5x, Trijicon Acog TA11J-308 (for 7.62x51), Trijicon Acog TA11MGO-M249 (for 5.56x45), AN/PVS-4 4x, S&B Zenith Short Dot 1.1-4x 24mm, Colt 4x duplex scope, EOTech 516 and 4X magnifier combo (SPF), Zeiss Hensoldt 4x24 M1 scope, POSP 4x, PSO 4x (7.62x54), PSO 4x (9x39mm), Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x 5.56 NATO, Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x 7.62 NATO, Sight Unit Small Arms, Trijicon Acog TA31RCO, XM8 4x sight, Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450, FLIR binocular, AN/PEQ-1 SOFLAM, M3 binoculars, 6x Duplex sight, UK 6x Maxikite, Trijicom Acog 6x TA648, VECTOR 21 (Nite), Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm (30mm) M2, AN/PVS-10 8x, Redfield USMC Vietnam Era Accu-Range 3-9x40 scope, Leatherwood ART II 3-9x, Generic 9x duplex scope, Swatscope SSVZ, Rapid RR-800-2 (10x42mm), Fictional Rapid 1000 scope, AN/PAS-13 (V3) 5-10 zoom, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm (30mm) M5, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm (30mm) M2 Illum, NF NXR 2.5-10x42 with MLR reticle, USMC Unertl MST-100 10x scope, Leupold Mk 4 LR/T M3 10×40mm, Zeiss 3-12x56 Diavari VM/V T* 30 mm, S&B M8541 3-12x USMC Scout Sniper Day Scope (SSDS), S&B 3-12x50 PM II/LP/MTC, Zeiss 3–12×56 SSG, NF Velocity 1000 3.5-15x56 NXS, Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical, NF 3.5-15x50 F1 NXS MLR2.0, Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 16x40mm (30mm) M1, Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44mm M5B2 (34mm), S&B 3-20x50 PM II/LP/MTC/LT, S&B 5-25x56 PMII LP/MTC/LT H37, Leupold Mk4 LR/T 8.5-25x50mm (30mm) M1 Illum, S&B 5-25x56 PM II/LP/MTC/LT MSR, S&B 5-25x56 PM II/LP/MTC, NF ATACR 5-25x56, NF 8-32x56 NXS MIL-DOT, Generic spotting scope with 1 MIL stadia lines.

Current version

Changes from previous versions
v 0.4:
- Improved textures.
- Replacements by new camoes.
- Added backpacks.
- Added rfles.
- Added balaclavas.
- Added rifle camo nets.
- Ballistics review.
- Added rifle paint to magazines and cheek rest.
- Added new textures to the sniper ponchos.
- Adjusted camouflage values.

v 0.3:

- Reduced bullet dispersion due to overheating.
- No more asthmatic soldier.
- No more snipers with parkinson disease.
- Fixed the armor not protecting the abdomen.
- Increased vest carrying capacity.
- Increased overall damage values and penetration, now the .50 destroys APC's.
- Redistributed the rifles camoes, now only the hand painted camoes are present. 
- Camo is also painted over boots and gloves.
- Added half ghillies or sniper ponchos and balaclavas.
- Improved many textures.

A) Damage to target is calculated by the engine as being proportional to: 
A1) Penetration depth inside the target, 
A2) The difference of bullet's entry and exit velocities inside the target. 

A1) A low penetration bullet will not deliver full damage because in order to do so it must travel the maximum piercing distance inside the target's body. If the penetration is low, the bullet will have shalow penetration and cause shalow damage.
A2) A high piercing bullet will loose less velocity while transfixing the target, meaning it will transfer damage to the target proportionaly to the entry and exit velocity difference. More explanation inside the manual, please read it.

B) It is possible to prove that in game damage in directly proportional to bullet's speed instead of the square of speed. It means that the game's hit value (damage) is calculated by the engine as being quantity of movement instead of kynetic energy. So, damage for each caliber must be proportional to mass * velocity, which means the difference between default damage values should be greater. DGR ammo fixes this problem by making the 5.56 a bit weaker but with higher penetration and by making the .50 stronger. The same for every other caliber, strictly following real life proportions and bullet data.

Forums & Discussions
Current:
https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/209137-dagger-scopes-weapons-ammunition-and-gear/

Old ones (but they contain all the history of Dagger mods, probably your questions are answered there):
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=32426
https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183698-dagger-scopes-for-arma-3/
https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/187196-dagger-weapons-for-arma-3-and-ace-3/
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=27539
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=26400&d=0
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=21507

Good shooting!

• Like 7

Looks amazing! Thank you for updating.

Can you make a list of what this mod actually adds? Maybe some photos?

What you guys think?

I was taking a look at the .50BMG in Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_BMG

And, it looks like Wikipedia's muzzle velocity (2820fps) for the 750gr (0.0033 slug) bullet is completely out in relation to SAAMI (2250fps), for a 27 in barrel. I have considered 55000 psi as maximum pressure. 

Here are the formulas:
http://closefocusresearch.com/calculating-barrel-pressure-and-projectile-velocity-gun-systems

• Like 3

Does this actually change the number of hits needed to take out a vanilla AI?

We always have to do things to make the bullet hit values more realistic. Otherwise, arma 3 AI just wiggle 7 times before dropping from the 8 round out of a 5.56. 

Yes but, it depends on your ammo selection. There is always a best ammo for each purpose.

Hi people, some people are asking me:

Hey Dagger,

i've just installed ace 3.12. When i try to add Advanced Ballistics module to a mission i can't find it. the list of modules is much smaller now, there are no AB or wind modules. What's going on?

Now, in ACE 3.12 it is possible to add ACE Advanced Ballistics on the run, when you are already playing the mission. And it works in vanilla too :)

Just press Esc > Addon Options > Server > Look for the addon: ACE Advanced Ballistics > Set the parameters you want.

Good sniping!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 3:18 AM, quickdagger said:

Dagger,

What ever happened to this pack? This is something I would to see available again.

This pack is exactly what I need. BTW the pack released in this forum, the m24a2 is wrong it has the m40a5 stock on it. 

Hmm i can't find Set Zero Rage in the menu...Even if i change the zero range via ctrl+alt+pgDw/pgUp when i check the range card it still says 300m. We used to have the option to set zero range via radial menu -> equipment.

On 09.01.2018 at 2:02 PM, quickdagger said:

Hi people, some people are asking me:

Now, in ACE 3.12 it is possible to add ACE Advanced Ballistics on the run, when you are already playing the mission. And it works in vanilla too :)

Just press Esc > Addon Options > Server > Look for the addon: ACE Advanced Ballistics > Set the parameters you want.

Good sniping!

Thank you, quickdagger!

Your mod was always awesome thing in Arma 2 and Arma 3. And now it is really outstanding!

Hei,

thank you Realthinged :)

Hi Spotter, 

The same here, it was working before and now it isn't anymore. Even vanilla ones are not changing zero for me anymore.

This looks like ACE/vanilla related so, let's check with them.

I will keep you informed.

i love your mod, truly a great addition to Ace 3 and Arma alone, i play with a very immersive group and we all love your sniper suite for ace 3 an Arma 3 but what we really wish is if you could add either manual bolting animations to your models or maybe just the sounds files simulating manual bolting upon release of the fire button like found with a few other rifles offered in the community. i love theirs to but i want everything to work fluidly and i feel that if you could possibly find a way to implement manual bolts or even the sound and reload delay time for immersion purposes alone would be great. :) keep up the amazing work and i like to pair this with VQI scout to be able to build sniper hides from vegetation from around me. makes for a truly fun sniping role in scenarios 

• Like 1

Hi Plexyshard,

I am happy to inform that I am working on it. 

You can be a beta tester if you want. Just add me on steam and you will gain access to the "beta test" mod.

@KICK_ASS has let me use his framework so, it will be like his mod.

Best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Plexyshard1490 thanks buddy, but this is something else. I have a weird issue that setting a new score zero does not reflect in the rangecard. It's probably something with ace3.

Hi @spotter001

Yes, it is ACE related and the ACE guys told me it will be as it is now.

I don;t like it, just like you but, I don't loose hope because things change all the time in A3. Some months ago it was possible to change default zero and now it is not anymore.

Who knows what the winds of change will bring in the future? :)

• Like 2