Capt Gav

How to get better

I've been playing a little while but I've hit a block. Whatever I do, once it is one on one, I lose. Sometimes (but rarely) I take the other guy with me. But usually I just end up in the dust. Maybe my reactions are just rubbish, definite possibility, but I'm not convinced. It might be my net connection too slow? Or computer? Or am I just doing something plain wrong? It's reaching the point that I'm thinking of quitting entirely.

When 2 players, equally skilled, encounter each other, using the same equipment, it will always end with both killing each other.

As Argo is a tactical shooter, the better position determines the winner. As a defender, know where you enemy is, or will be, and take a position according to that, ambush them. Your location is known? Move and be prepared that the enemy will come for you. 

As an attacker it is basically the same, know where you enemy will most likely be hiding, listen to gun and footsteps in houses, and clear 1 spot after another.

Always take the least obvious path, if your hole team is going on 1 flank, take the opposite side, or go straight in. If your hole team is going straight in, take the flank and surprise your enemy from behind.

I can recommend some WW2 Guides for infantry tactics if needed ;)

• Like 1

All understood. However I'm not really talking about the tactics here but when you both come around corners and see each other at the same time. 9 fights out of 10, I die and the other player doesn't. I'm level 13 and I get taken out by level 3 etc pretty much every time. I'm not sure the weapon matters much in this situation. I know the areas well enough now, I know where I'd ambush and have been ambushed in the past.

Well answering that is not that simple, it could be your gun, your reaction time, your aiming zone (head chest, limbs,...), your ping, peaking advantage... generalizing on it would be difficult. 

To be honest. Just play the game, try to think how they should react. Play the game like you should for you. You like the MX ? Alright play it ! Learn how to master it. You can play in the shadow to wait someone, don't make noise and use the sound to know if someone is nearby or not. Or just rush them. Don't be afraid to rush like a retard on them and shoot. All the strats work. It's only how you use them. Try to found your play style, think how you play and adapt. Should you master your reaction time ?

If you like to play sneaky. Try to found some spots where you can see them first. Master the sound on your side. Use the sound of the footsteps of your target.

If you play like a marksmen. Try to learn the spots for you and the hiding spots of the opposite team. Where they come from ?

Or If you like to play like a the scout in tf2. You also can. Use your movement to "dodge" bullets. 

As you can see this is only some few ways to play the game. Again, try to found your play style and master it.

Nobody have the key of the "skill". Only you have the key.

All the other things like reaction time, peaking advantage, knowledge of the game is something you are going to learn with the time don't worry.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2017 at 4:58 PM, Capt Gav said:

I've been playing a little while but I've hit a block. Whatever I do, once it is one on one, I lose. Sometimes (but rarely) I take the other guy with me. But usually I just end up in the dust. Maybe my reactions are just rubbish, definite possibility, but I'm not convinced. It might be my net connection too slow? Or computer? Or am I just doing something plain wrong? It's reaching the point that I'm thinking of quitting entirely.

get away from playing level 1 players and try to play against better players ..... you will get killed alot but you will also learn the best placed to go to get an overview of an area and also where to look when shots start coming your way 

if you are old like me your reaction time is slower compared to a 13yr old kid but it does improve if you play better players ......

Stick with a server no matter how much you get killed i see so many leave after the first kill as they think they are the best and quickly find out they arent ......

or Alt+F4  right click Argo > uninstall 

• Like 1

Hi @Capt Gav,
The short answer is by playing as much as possible.

What you should try to optimize is your reaction time, knowledge of the map and some useful skills.
Like "Hip shots", this will help you gain precious time there too (no time to aim).
Use your senses (sight and hearing) and your experience to anticipate enemies (possible) position,
and don't hesitate to pre-fire on corners.

More frames and less latency are really important.
If you want, you can lower your video settings as much as you want to get better performance.

There is also random things to consider, like the server itself, which can lag or bug

and then cause bad registration of some hits.

If you are using a controller.... you know why everyone is telling to don't play FPS with a controller.....