Sign in to follow this  

Fences and walls on sloping/uneven terrain - are there better ways

Hi

I've been now working with both Neo's MapBuilder and the Eden Editor for some time, and I have not found a method that is less than time consuming and painstaking to place fences and walls on sloping/uneven terrain so they meet up properly and gradually follow the terrain.

When I run into having to deal with sloping/uneven terrain in fence/wall placement, I find it takes 3 times the time expected having to hand work, and rework each piece and I usually  lose motivation to do much else that evening by the time I'm done just doing a fence or wall area..

Of course, the standard 'align to terrain' function has little use here, as the pieces will never properly line up to the next one down the line without hand working. The only thing I've find helpful at times is to place an object under each newly placed fence/wall end to be a measuring stick to keep height off the ground the same - as of course the actual center of such objects often is not at a continual reliable height due to terrain differences.

I remember in Ofp the walls would actually auto align to each other even on sloped terrain, although I don't remember how well it really worked out - either way I don't know of any such object to object alignment function in Eden.

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any easier/better ways to do this.