2 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Well notepad++ can do it.  "Find in files"   choose the mission folder in the "directory" area 

Why would i search my mission file for cba when I have not touched cba for my mission? I know my mission file well. It has many issues but I know they dont contain any code referencing CBA. Also at the start of the mission i get a error for num7.paa I have not even referenced it in my code so It has to be a mod issue.

you aren't searching for CBA.

You're searching for      cba_settings.sqf

to see if that call is in one of your scripts somewhere

and youre not searching for that file either.  Youre searching for it to ba called by something else

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

Check for an updated CBA if mandatory with some mods you like (generally dependancies are specified by Arma launcher)

If not, just discard it.

replaced your marker stuff by:

if (isServer) then {
  {
    _terrainobjects = nearestTerrainObjects [getMarkerPos _x,[],(getmarkersize _x)select 0,false];
    {
      _x hideObjectGlobal true
    } count _terrainobjects; true
  } count ["marker_01","marker_02","marker_03","marker_04","marker_05"];

[] spawn {
    while{!isnull truck1} do {"truck1Marker" setmarkerpos getpos truck1; sleep 0.5};
  };
  [] spawn {
    while{!isnull Rtruck1} do {"Rtruck1Marker" setmarkerpos getpos Rtruck1; sleep 0.5};
  };
  [] spawn {
    while{!isnull tank1} do {"tank1Marker" setmarkerpos getpos tank1; sleep 0.5};
  };
  [] spawn {
    while{!isnull respawn_vehicle_guerrila} do {"respawn_vehicle_guerrilaMarker" setmarkerpos getpos respawn_vehicle_guerrila; sleep 0.5};
  };
};

wow that looks clean, I just made a initserver.sqf should I place it in that file? Thanks by the way!

2 minutes ago, TheNachoGuy said:

wow that looks clean, I just made a initserver.sqf should I place it in that file? Thanks by the way!

Yes, you can!

I wrapped the code in if (isServer) then {...} just in case of  init.sqf. It's same!

don't forget, the wider areas , the longer init time.

Just now, FireWalker said:

you aren't searching for CBA.

You're searching for      cba_settings.sqf

to see if that call is in one of your scripts somewhere

yes I understand but none of my code or file has anything with cba in it. I never made a cba_settings.sqf nor does any of my code have that in it. Even though I copy paste my stuff I can read it. Its kinda like learning a new language I can make out the words and kinda guess what they mean.

Just now, pierremgi said:

Yes, you can!

I wrapped the code in if (isServer) then {...} just in case of  init.sqf. It's same!

nice! also before you sent that i moved the marker and hideobject code to a initserver.sqf and tested it still nothing. But i believe firewalker is getting on to something. It might be cba causing this. But the odd thing is I can go back to my old save and cba is fine. I can test this in single player Im just wondering what is not letting me hit continue on the briefing screen. By the way im hosting the server on the PC im playing. Its a good system and can handle it.

4 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Yes, you can!

Also I can link the workshop page of my most recent version if you want to test?

1 minute ago, TheNachoGuy said:

nice! also before you sent that i moved the marker and hideobject code to a initserver.sqf and tested it still nothing. But i believe firewalker is getting on to something. It might be cba causing this. But the odd thing is I can go back to my old save and cba is fine. I can test this in single player Im just wondering what is not letting me hit continue on the briefing screen. By the way im hosting the server on the PC im playing. Its a good system and can handle it.

Discard CBA if no mod uses it.

did you open a port on your router so that you can connect as a player?   I guess it should be open, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the server listed.  Can any of your freinds see the server after you start it?

Just now, pierremgi said:

Discard CBA if no mod uses it.

Faces of War requires it sadly.

1 minute ago, FireWalker said:

did you open a port on your router so that you can connect as a player?   I guess it should be open, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the server listed.  Can any of your freinds see the server after you start it?

I have a pc in the other room to test with. Its lan so porting isnt required. I got both PC's to connect and choose soldier slot. When it gets to map with briefing continue want work.

And the other pc has exact same mod versions?

1 minute ago, FireWalker said:

And the other pc has exact same mod versions?

yes. I even hosted the mission on that computer still same result. This brings me to believe its something to do with the mission. Maybe has to do with multiplayer setting but after looking still it looks okay.

All the mods haven't been updated in a month so its mission side causing the problem.

If it loads ok in the editor, and you can preview it in multplayer within the editor. Then it is most likely a mod issue.  You should read through the top portion of your mission.sqm file and check all the mods listed there and compare to what youre trying to play with.

3 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

If it loads ok in the editor, and you can preview it in multplayer within the editor. Then it is most likely a mod issue.  You should read through the top portion of your mission.sqm file and check all the mods listed there and compare to what youre trying to play with.

I have looked at the top line two times to find nothing pointing towards ACRE(mod i removed) but when using ctrl+f and searching acre around 4 rows down I find things with acre in them. But I don't think acre caused the issue. I removed acre after this problem.

If it listed in this section:  

Spoiler

addons[]=
{
    "A3_Ui_F",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Ammoboxes",
    "A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels",
    "cba_xeh",
    "Ravage",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Camping",
    "A3_Data_F_Curator_Characters",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Camping",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Constructions",
    "A3_Structures_F_Furniture",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_InfoBoards",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Accessories",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPB_Items_Documents",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPB_Civ_Camping",
    "A3_Structures_F_Heli_Furniture",
    "A3_Weapons_F",
    "A3_Structures_F_Items_Electronics",
    "A3_Soft_F_Offroad_01",
    "A3_Soft_F_Beta_Truck_02",
    "A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01",
    "A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01",
    "A3_Air_F_Beta_Heli_Transport_01",
    "A3_Air_F_EPB_Heli_Light_03",
    "A3_Air_F_Heli_Heli_Transport_04",
    "A3_Characters_F",
    "A3_Boat_F_Boat_Transport_01",
    "A3_Air_F_Gamma_Plane_Fighter_03",
    "A3_Boat_F_Gamma_Boat_Civil_01",
    "A3_Structures_F_Heli_Items_Luggage",
    "A3_Boat_F_Boat_Armed_01"
};

Then it is a requirement of the mission. Its very likely that the mission will not run if a mod is listed here thats not running on the server.

7 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

If it listed in this section:  

Reveal hidden contents

addons[]=
{
    "A3_Ui_F",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Ammoboxes",
    "A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels",
    "cba_xeh",
    "Ravage",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Camping",
    "A3_Data_F_Curator_Characters",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Camping",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Constructions",
    "A3_Structures_F_Furniture",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_InfoBoards",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Accessories",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPB_Items_Documents",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPB_Civ_Camping",
    "A3_Structures_F_Heli_Furniture",
    "A3_Weapons_F",
    "A3_Structures_F_Items_Electronics",
    "A3_Soft_F_Offroad_01",
    "A3_Soft_F_Beta_Truck_02",
    "A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01",
    "A3_Air_F_Heli_Light_01",
    "A3_Air_F_Beta_Heli_Transport_01",
    "A3_Air_F_EPB_Heli_Light_03",
    "A3_Air_F_Heli_Heli_Transport_04",
    "A3_Characters_F",
    "A3_Boat_F_Boat_Transport_01",
    "A3_Air_F_Gamma_Plane_Fighter_03",
    "A3_Boat_F_Gamma_Boat_Civil_01",
    "A3_Structures_F_Heli_Items_Luggage",
    "A3_Boat_F_Boat_Armed_01"
};

Then it is a requirement of the mission. Its very likely that the mission will not run if a mod is listed here thats not running on the server.

When in the mission editor there is a table to look at mission requirements and it says nothing about acre. when I first removed it the mission wouldn't load saying it needed acre. So i enabled it removed a unit that had a radio from acre and removed the mod again and now its fine without the mod.

1 minute ago, TheNachoGuy said:

When in the mission editor there is a table to look at mission requirements and it says nothing about acre. when I first removed it the mission wouldn't load saying it needed acre. So i enabled it removed a unit that had a radio from acre and removed the mod again and now its fine without the mod.

also Its a multiplayer bug cause I can play single player no problem

Hi NachoGuy,

I'm out of town until next week - got your PM but it's hard to read RPT files on mobile with half a bar of signal strength.  Will reply when I'm back.

cba_settings.sqf error - you can probably ignore this one I believe it's looking for a \userconfig settings file but it will revert to defaults if not found

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System

If you can get past the unit selection screen and get to the briefing then it's not a unit mod that is missing (IFA3) ... however it could be another mod (Faces of War for example)

Multiplayer settings look OK - that message about not being a server is for your intro which actually runs as a separate mission before the real mission... there will be another mission init entry further down with your actual mission name that will say isServer: true

.paa and other graphics (p3d) errors are most likely mod-related (IFA3) and shouldn't prevent the mission from loading

As others have suggested make a copy of the mission and in the copy remove the intro and all scripts called from init.sqf or initServer.sqf and test that.

-Sav

edit:  if you are in [KH] just ask Jman for help :f:

Edited by SavageCDN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

Hi NachoGuy,

I'm out of town until next week - got your PM but it's hard to read RPT files on mobile with half a bar of signal strength.  Will reply when I'm back.

cba_settings.sqf error - you can probably ignore this one I believe it's looking for a \userconfig settings file but it will revert to defaults if not found

If you can get past the unit selection screen and get to the briefing then it's not a unit mod that is missing (IFA3) ... however it could be another mod (Faces of War for example)

Multiplayer settings look OK - that message about not being a server is for your intro which actually runs as a separate mission before the real mission... there will be another mission init entry further down with your actual mission name that will say isServer: true

.paa and other graphics (p3d) errors are most likely mod-related (IFA3) and shouldn't prevent the mission from loading

As others have suggested make a copy of the mission and in the copy remove the intro and all scripts called from init.sqf or initServer.sqf and test that.

-Sav

Awsome thanks for the info didn't know arma loaded test mission before the real mission. Curently Firewalker is taking a look at it. If he somehow cant find out what the issue is which i believe he will find it. Ill start just doing that and start at the init. Thanks for the words!

best regards -preston

14 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

Hi NachoGuy,

-Sav

FireWalker found the issue no need to worry thanks for all of your guys help!

Always remember to post your solution for the community. That way, if someone ever has the same issue, they can look to your thread for the answer. 

• Like 5

Problem:

Mission wouldn't load beyond the player selection menu. It would show the map, then freeze.

Solution:

Following along with SavageCDN's comment above we started with the init.sqf file and began commenting out script calls. The problem script was found immediately in the initial intro script.

The first line of that script was:   

Spoiler

disableUserInput True;

link

This command is meant to stop players from being able to move during a cut scene.

This command was being called immediately at mission start. Once the mission map came up you couldn't click continue or even click cancel. The game had to be closed and started over.

The fix for this was to add:

Spoiler

waitUntil {time > 0};

at the very top of the script. This allows the mission to begin and the player to "spawn" before running the rest of the script.  (A  " sleep 0.1; " command at the top of the file seems to be able to solve the issue also.)

So far it seems to have solved the problem. We have not tested the mission for JIP yet to look for other potential startup issues.

I'll edit this post if someone feels more info is needed.

Thanks to all for input,

Fire

• Like 3