wonderingpony

Special Arma Exhibition (SAEX)

At SAEX we are asking for the community to answer a survey so we can gauge opinions and to see if completing the yearly event is feasible. 

SURVEY    

***GROUP OWNERS/LEADERS PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR GROUP PATCH, FLAG AND POTENTIALLY MODS IN THE EVENT***

NONE OF YOUR INFORMATION GATHERED WILL BE SOLD TO THIRD PARTIES OR USED IN ANYWAY THAT MAKES IT PUBLIC.

Thank you 
Special Arma Exhibition

"SEAX is about clans and Communities getting together to “Strut their stuff” and be able to recruit new members and advance their skills

SAEX is for groups and players who want to engage in realistic, complicated, competitive and fun war games. Scoring is based not on kills only, but on group productivity and teamwork. Missions are built the same for every group, however Artificial Intelligence (AI) will never be placed in the same area. Events are built specifically, and only played once.

Each group gains score on training, patrolling, anti tank, etc missions. The score attained in each of these missions goes towards the event cue. A minimum score is required in order for a group to progress to the event stage.

Events are carried out on random terrains. Every terrain in Arma is not required to play. This includes ADDON terrains bought from the Steam store. If all the players in the group do not have the addons required, they will be assigned to a specific area. These areas include default terrains and MOD terrains."

Desperately trying not to be a jerk about this, but I have no idea what the Special Arma Exhibition is, when searching google brings me to this post and this is the very first post from yourself.

An idea of what's planned and more importantly, what you'll do with my info would be appreciated.

EDIT - Thank you for updating the original post with more details!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Desperately trying not to be a jerk about this, but I have no idea what the Special Arma Exhibition is, when searching google brings me to this post and this is the very first post from yourself.

An idea of what's planned and more importantly, what you'll do with my info would be appreciated.

The documentation is not completed yet. However I will give a little info on it. 

The point of the survey is to find out who is interested in what so the missions and documentation can be tailored to the mass. 

I will edit my original post. 

You should make the email requirement optional. It would certainly increase the number of people responding to the survey.

Why isn't an account on these forums enough? Why do you need an email

• Like 2

14 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Why isn't an account on these forums enough? Why do you need an email

Fixed. No longer require email. Kinda Annoying. However this is not the only place I  made a post. 

What, its kinda annoying we won't give our email to someone we don't know?

Or kinda annoying that this wasn't totally thought through. If you want to do is what you say, it's great but laying it out clearly would only help your efforts.

Not sure why you ask whether ppl play on consoles, what type of games they play and how often they play. While the last few pages ask about Arma there are some pretty intrusive stuff such as Arma IDs and the like, not really needed for an overall survey.

I'll personally skip it, good luck though!

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:55 AM, wonderingpony said:

"This includes ADDON terrains bought from the Steam store. "

You can buy terrains?  Which ones?

I think they may mean DLC such as Tanoa, but get your point. Using that mindset there is only one you could buy with BIs Malden and all the other mods being free.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2017 at 6:54 AM, Rich_R said:

What, its kinda annoying we won't give our email to someone we don't know?

Or kinda annoying that this wasn't totally thought through. If you want to do is what you say, it's great but laying it out clearly would only help your efforts.

Not sure why you ask whether ppl play on consoles, what type of games they play and how often they play. While the last few pages ask about Arma there are some pretty intrusive stuff such as Arma IDs and the like, not really needed for an overall survey.

I'll personally skip it, good luck though!

Why do you even post on this thread if you do not like what I am asking. It's a simple set of questions to gauge the community. 

If you don't want to take the survey don't. I'd rather you not sit here and say how bad the survey is and complain about the email thing. I fixed it, so what's the issue? The annoying thing was that it was on there. I didn't know how to change it, then I figured it out. 

Arma ID's are not intrusive either. Every time you log into a server it is recorded, along with your name. The point of that is to look into bans. I ask if you were banned before, if you say no and you were banned at some point, then you are left out of the event. 

If you can't play fairly and can't answer honestly, then this is not the place for you. The point of the event is laid out for you in the first post. 

The point is teamwork and fun for everyone around. I can't make something complicated without knowing a tiny bit about the Arma community. 

I'm a working man logging 15 hours a day. Just want some general questions is all!

Thanks for the luck

On 8/9/2017 at 9:35 PM, six_ten said:

You can buy terrains?  Which ones?

This means Tanoa, etc. If you do not have it, no big deal I am not expecting everyone to have the terrains and DLC for Arma.

3 hours ago, wonderingpony said:

Why do you even post on this thread if you do not like what I am asking. It's a simple set of questions to gauge the community. 

If you don't want to take the survey don't. I'd rather you not sit here and say how bad the survey is and complain about the email thing. I fixed it, so what's the issue? The annoying thing was that it was on there. I didn't know how to change it, then I figured it out. 

.......the point of the event is laid out for you in the first post. 

The reason for posting is I've been a member of the community for some years and you were asking myself and others who come on here to give this info. I was curious about the event and up until I asked for more information on the event, there was nothing about it, nada. When asked, you did add the info to the first post.

I've been very civil with my questions and responses and quite frankly, unless you personally pay for the BI forums or until I break the forum rules, I can respond as often as I like. Feedback goes both ways, positive and critical, I would think you'll want to work with both if the event you're aspiring to do is to be successful. However, I'm not going to address each point about the intrusiveness as it sort of derails the topic of the threads. Needless to say, its apples to oranges.

Good luck with the project!