Sign in to follow this  
darkside six

Servers missing ???

Where are the non premium servers in the server browser, in the browser internet option I only have Custom and Premium Official servers. If this is the new way of connecting to servers is through quick play on the main page or browser well its a bad idea. Ive noticed that through this method I get matched with servers that are non north American and into other countries  rofl with pings well over 150 to 200. Is this your way of getting me to buy $10 DLC pack so I can get into NON premium servers. 

They disabled the joining of non-premium servers to funnel players into utilizing the quick play features which takes into account location, rank, etc. It is in no way a method to get people to purchase the supporter pack. The reason why Premium servers were left out of this change is because the developers "...believe supporters don't feel the need to grind on low-level players."

Also, a word from the developers today:

Our choice to remove Server Browser option has proven to be somewhat complicated as the Quick Play feature does not work exactly as intended. We will be monitoring the situation over the weekend, collecting data and will react accordingly next week!

• Like 3

Not working exactly as intended indeed. Considering it doesn't take into account location, rank,etc.  It simply doesn't work and I wish they would put some more effort into fixing what they broke instead of taking the weekend off and treating this as some minor issue. and as a supporter, there is ZERO population playing on the premium servers. 

It's good that I did not buy the dlc. I was even enjoying the game but I forgot I'm thinking of uninstalling because there are no more servers for South America.

12 minutes ago, brunick1205 said:

It's good that I did not buy the dlc. I was even enjoying the game but I forgot I'm thinking of uninstalling because there are no more servers for South America.

There are 51 official servers online in Brazil with at least 1 joinable (more than 1 players but not full) in every game type. There are 76 players on those Brazil servers at the moment. Find more information here: http://bit.ly/ArgoStatistics or go to the server list and search for Brazil here: http://bit.ly/ArgoServerList

30 minutes ago, DraconicPanda said:

Not working exactly as intended indeed. Considering it doesn't take into account location, rank,etc.  It simply doesn't work and I wish they would put some more effort into fixing what they broke instead of taking the weekend off and treating this as some minor issue. and as a supporter, there is ZERO population playing on the premium servers. 

It does, in fact, take ping (location) as well as the rank of the players into account. Although not working entirely as intended, it still works and will suffice until a patch can be released this following week. Just as the same with every other company out there, normal work hours are from Monday through Friday, and so expecting them to work on putting out a patch this weekend is not fair. 

There has been a very low population (non-existent for the most part) on the Premium servers for a while now, so that is old news. Maybe join a premium server in the server browser and see if people join you in a few minutes, as I am sure they will.

• Like 1

If I have a game where I can not choose who I want to play this game does not suit me. I have to have freedom because I want to play with my friends from my region. For me this game has lost grace

40 minutes ago, EagleByte said:

It does, in fact, take ping (location) as well as the rank of the players into account. Although not working entirely as intended, it still works and will suffice until a patch can be released this following week. Just as the same with every other company out there, normal work hours are from Monday through Friday, and so expecting them to work on putting out a patch this weekend is not fair. 

There has been a very low population (non-existent for the most part) on the Premium servers for a while now, so that is old news. Maybe join a premium server in the server browser and see if people join you in a few minutes, as I am sure they will.

Then how can I at level 17 get thrown into a game with two level 1 players and nobody else on a EU server when I am on the west coast of the US and where my ping is 200+ and theirs is 30 only to have both quit after seeing my rank. That is not a good experience for anyone and I would call that completely broken.

And yes the premium servers have been very light for a while and I have on multiple occasions gone into a lobby only to wait for 15+ minutes for nobody to join. 

As for them working through the weekend. although you may not believe it, pretty much every gaming company has people working over the weekend. 

• Like 1

^^^^ He's right!

(we were both in the same game last night GMT)

Level 16, 17 etc. in a game with level 1's.....and on a US server (I'm UK)

Your phrase 'Although not working entirely as intended' is correct if you delete the word 'entirely' :)

<sigh> back to the drawing board guys :)

i think we need to let the dev team gather the intel from this weekend like they say they will be plus i am sure they are reading both the comments on here and the discord chat  about the update 

i am sure they dont want to cause the death of a game and if it means they have to edit some of what they have done then so be it 

i personally enjoyed the Normal (hardcore) game type over the easy .... the teams killing only really happened when new players jumped on the server and didnt know which was friendly and which was enemy, i always felt not knowing if the foot steps the other side of the wall was friendly or not added the rush to the game play  ..... 

23 hours ago, -DL- Shane-uk said:

i always felt not knowing if the foot steps the other side of the wall was friendly or not added the rush to the game play  ..... 

You have a mini map for that  :tounge:

• Like 1

You can host a server to play with your friends. If you want to play online with friends. Simply join a game, and they can join off of you form steam.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 10:25 PM, DraconicPanda said:

Then how can I at level 17 get thrown into a game with two level 1 players and nobody else on a EU server when I am on the west coast of the US and where my ping is 200+ and theirs is 30 only to have both quit after seeing my rank. That is not a good experience for anyone and I would call that completely broken.

And yes the premium servers have been very light for a while and I have on multiple occasions gone into a lobby only to wait for 15+ minutes for nobody to join. 

As for them working through the weekend. although you may not believe it, pretty much every gaming company has people working over the weekend. 

On 8/5/2017 at 10:19 AM, RoC TomHorn said:

^^^^ He's right!

(we were both in the same game last night GMT)

Level 16, 17 etc. in a game with level 1's.....and on a US server (I'm UK)

Your phrase 'Although not working entirely as intended' is correct if you delete the word 'entirely' :)

<sigh> back to the drawing board guys :)

From our discussions in the Argo Discord server, we covered the following:

The issue currently is the player base within the available servers. At any given time, there are only around 1-3 servers available for putting players into (per country location in each game type), so most of the time there is no choice but to put them together. You can see the current available servers for matching here: http://bit.ly/ArgoStatistics

Example at peak time of activity:

3ea216187237b882853f67f779f58428.png

It doesn't entirely matter the matchmaking system (whether the current built in system or a custom launcher) if there isn't a large player base to choose from, it will always yield the same result.

So until players increase, and therefore joinable servers increase (maybe 5-15 per location per game mode) the system doesn't have much to choose from. If there is only 1-3 servers to choose from, you will likely be matched with several people under level 10. The breakdown of players at each rank that have played over 5 matches total are below:

|---------|-----------------|
| Rank    | % of Playerbase |
| 1 - 5   |      62.1%      | 
| 5 - 10  |      30.8%      |
| 10 - 15 |       5.5%      |
| 15 - 20 |       1.3%      |
| 20 - 25 |       0.4%      |

The combined percentage of players over level 10 is 7.2% of the entire player base. So if you join an empty lobby and 9 other people join, each time someone joins, there is less than a 10% chance the next person that joins is a level 10 or higher. Currently, at peak activity on official servers, there are ~650 players. During the lowest activity level times, ~350 players. 

So as you can tell from this data, both with the servers the matchmaking system has to choose from (within a reasonable location distance) and with the available servers in the game mode you are looking for (~1-3 at any given time), that puts you in an availability pool of around 30 players to choose from in 3 separate lobbies. And out of those 30 players, it is likely that over 60% of them are between level 1 and 5, and over 93% of them are under level 10, so only ~7% that will be level 10 or higher.

In summary, there isn't enough of a player base on the servers at any given time (let alone in the location AND the game mode you want) to effectively match up players.