djotacon

CPU affinity manager BE compatible sotware

Title.

I want to know if there's any Battleye compatible alternative to manage process cpu affinity.

There's any software alternative to manage this?

Does Battleye even care about such programs? As they don't interfere with game process itself.

You could use start command to start the game and set its affinity.

Process Lasso seems to be pretty popular tool too.

edit. On second thought, start might not work, as you'd need to launch the game with BE executable instead of Arma directly.

windows taskmanager open menu processes right click on the arma executable and choose set affinity...       done :smile_o:

BE disable "Process lasso" and other alternatives in the past versions of this software - I dont make new test -

and obviously I dont wanna make a CPU affinity every single time that the game starts - not only for Arma 3 -...

The main idea is create a way to send other cores/virtual cores other services or software like "TS" without BE interference.

I try the "cmd" option using a batch script if this works I try to find the way to create a util to do this with an application and make a BE certification.

Set it and forget it via registry :don16:

1. Save as:

- arma3_x64.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\arma3_x64.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

- arma3.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\arma3.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

2. Run it - Done!

38 minutes ago, Horus said:

Set it and forget it via registry :don16:

That's for priority, not affinity. :smile_o:

3 hours ago, KeyCat said:

You can try this....

http://www.adsciengineering.com/StartAffinity/

Don't you have use the arma3battleye.exe to launch start the game with it enabled? And that doesn't pass the affinity setting to arma3.exe.

• Like 1

I think it would be the best not to set affinity of Arma but set it for everything else so the main core(s) would be reserved only for Arma.

Also if remember right when you set affinity of Steam, it also applies to the game you launch next time, so giving Steam for example one core and after that you launch Arma, Arma also is set on that same core only. Just a tip if anyone starts to mess around with this so you don't wonder why games run bad suddenly. I guess with program like Process Lasso you won't have that, but doing it manually it can go like that.

• Like 1

On den 3 augusti 2017 at 5:25 PM, Greenfist said:

That's for priority, not affinity. :smile_o:

Don't you have use the arma3battleye.exe to launch start the game with it enabled? And that doesn't pass the affinity setting to arma3.exe.

I have not tried the utility I linked to with A3 but AFAIK you can enable BE in GUI and then start with arma3.exe