I don't own it, still I'm curious, why it was a waste?

it was a waste?

...it's 10kmx10km but only a few roads that lead to the center of the map which has a small village, a couple of tiny refineries and two little airstrips.

...I was hoping for a completely new style once again for Pilgrimage.

...a few new assets buuuuut...

1JxPUHj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, I'm trying to add a 3rd player spot to the MP mission - "Altis by Major Stiffy (wip 10)"

I can add the player position in editor, and they can join and play the mission fine, but they don't function well as part of the team. For example, if i hitch-hike, the 3rd player doesn't come with players 1 and 2. They can't interrogate surrendered enemies or create ammo boxes... like something is missing. 

Do i have to give player 3 a specific name? Or do i have to add init commands?

What you describe has never been made completely doable by the author. Rydygier built it for SP then later did some modification to MP which helped a lot. My MP scripting skills are too limited to make it all work as we would like. The 3rd player should be able to make a box though.

• Thanks 1

I just discovered Pilgrimage this week thanks to it being featured in the ComRad. I've been daydreaming a mission type very much like this for a long time now and I never knew this was here all along. I tried PvtPartz's Chernarus version first and it was great up until the final chapel didn't trigger the save and reveal the remains. Not mad, I had a ton of fun So I started over in his Livonia port and am hoping for the best. I'll do Lythium next, as it's by far my favorite terrain.

I know it's been asked and answered several times, but I'm also very interested in a Cam Lao Nam port. Interested enough that if the answer is going to remain "No" then I might just find out for myself how much work is involved.

Has anyone begun looking at how much easier or more difficult Pilgrimage will be to re-create in Reforger Tools' Workbench? Obviously it's early yet, and there's whole sets of features missing, like civilians, but Workbench looks like it going to be a big step up. I plan to get to work on my own campaign ideas over the next year as more things are added.

19 minutes ago, FlatDarkSpace said:

how much easier or more difficult Pilgrimage will be to re-create in Reforger Tools' Workbench?

Hi. Cool, you found it then! 🙂  Pilgrimage, being highly procedural, is based on extensive SQF scripts (few tens of thousands code lines or so). Arma Reforger introduces new, very different scripting language (AFAIK mostly undocumented yet). It is also far from stable/fleshed out state, lacking crucial features like AI driving vehicles. At this point making Pilgrimage equivalent in Arma Reforger seems practically not doable. Learning from a scratch that new scripting language alone is a challenge, I'm not willing to attempt currently (if at all). 

9 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

At this point making Pilgrimage equivalent in Arma Reforger seems practically not doable.

Oh sure. I doubt anything as rich as Pilgrimage will be possible until after we have the real Arma 4. Still, I'm going to need to learn the ropes in Reforger in order to hit the ground running when it does become possible. Again, my scenario ideas would be different, but there is significant overlap with what you've done here, so I'll probably pick your brain as I go.

But not yet. For now taking a long dangerous hike in a warzone is too much fun.

@FlatDarkSpaceI'm also very interested in a CamLao Nam port. 

so I assume you’re looking for some type of jungle warfare similar to that of Vietnam or Cambodia.

you might try one of the links in my signature for either single player or co-op. They’re not perfect but they work quite well.

On 7/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, FlatDarkSpace said:

I'm also very interested in a Cam Lao Nam port.

A rough and ready ported version of Cam Lao Nam can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/hva15bz19eo1o80/Pilg_Vietnam.cam_lao_nam.pbo?dl=0 The radio messages still refer to Altis and Tyrone doesn't have a clue what is going on. but there are a selection of landing places, around 50 chapels/churches/temples, and a full set of checkpoints, strongholds and airfields. Please be aware that some of the Vietnamese squads can be around 20 odd soldiers. It should lead to some challenging firefights.

EDIT: Updated to use SOG assets. Ambient combat still spawns modern units though. Tyrone has been updated as to the situation.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2022 at 9:38 PM, pvt. partz said:

you might try one of the links in my signature

I like Bludclot's PKL a lot, but wasn't thrilled with Unsung as a requirement.

16 hours ago, alky_lee said:

A rough and ready ported version of Cam Lao Nam can be downloaded at...

Boom! Awesome. And I don't mind the modern units, as I'm not too worried about era-simulation. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlatDarkSpace said:

I like Bludclot's PKL a lot, but wasn't thrilled with Unsung as a requirement.

PKL Legacy or RHS PKL have no requirements and never have to my recollection.  

• Like 1

Great to see new people finding this amazing mission. I've been playing some maps i haven't tried before. Yesterday I finished Isla Duala, it's a really nice map, but i got bad FPS drops. Currently playing Al Rayak, which I'm really enjoying 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 8:40 PM, alky_lee said:

A rough and ready ported version of Cam Lao Nam can be downloaded ...

Well, I finished Lythium. Went great. I sent a Pilgrim's Log play by play to a friend each day. Love that terrain to death.

But then I tried Cam Lao Nam. No matter how much I reduced the mod set, including turning TPW off altogether, I just can't get consistent enough frames. Wondering if it was just me, I loaded up mods and started a game on Tanoa and it runs great. So I guess it's the map.

Maybe I'll try Unsung on PKL after all.

Edit: that didn't perform any better for me. Back to Tanoa.

11 hours ago, FlatDarkSpace said:

I tried Cam Lao Nam. No matter how much I reduced the mod set, including turning TPW off altogether, I just can't get consistent enough frames. Wondering if it was just me,

Obviously I don't use any mods while testing/editing the mission. My frames were on the low side even then. Obviously the map is the whole of Vietnam and not just a simple island. I wondered at the amount of detail in the map considering the overall size. Some hit on FPS is inevitable on such a terrain in Arma 3. I have yet to try it with my modset, but they should only have a minimal impact on FPS.

Does PKL run better for y'all? I tried Pvt Parts's "Real" port, but wondered if the Unsung dependancy might be contributing to the problem there. I haven't tried Major's port with the older Pilgrimage beta yet.

Still, my main hope was to have a procedurally directed walkabout on Cam Lao Nam. I guess I'll hope for a lightweight version of the terrain from the devs in the future, with furniture and other little details removed.

@alky_lee, you should definitely do a recording of a Cam Lao Nam or PKL playthrough. A very hard start with no friendly/enemy markers on map and no shift-click waypoint in the HUD makes for an interesting challenge!

Edited by FlatDarkSpace

On 7/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, FlatDarkSpace said:

@alky_lee, you should definitely do a recording of a Cam Lao Nam or PKL playthrough. A very hard start with no friendly/enemy markers on map and no shift-click waypoint in the HUD makes for an interesting challenge!

That would be a very long video with not a lot happening apart from me dying a lot. I like to fight the AI on equal terms. That means I get to know their last known location. The map is not always accurate or up to date. I often see enemies that don't show on the map or get called out. The AI do cheat. They open fire before they come round a corner as they know you are there, as in this Malden run.. Friendly markers remind me where I last left my medic, especially when resuming a mission a day or two later. (They also help me avoid killing friendlies later in the mission). I play the mission for fun, not to drag things out by having to orienteer my way around and count my paces to measure distance travelled and waste time going the wrong way. I'm quite capable of doing that in any case, especially following intel from a single civilian who sent me that way. I did do a couple of videos back in 2017 on PKL. The joys of trying to navigate around that temple deep in the jungle, and I definitely couldn't get a vehicle to the body.

How does one take down the panzer tanks in the ww2 stazow scenario? I shot 2 AT tank missles towards it and it didn't look damaged at all. Any tips?

On 6/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, thehardcorenoobs1234 said:

for the ww2 ones, what mods are compatible and not compatible?

This is a list of mods I use but many more are able to be used. You just have to experiment.

I would also suggest you use mods in moderation particularily with the Stazsow version. I think many of the objects are quite old and are probably not optimized very well.

Blastcore Murr Edition,          http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2257686620
BloodLust,                       http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667953829
CBA_A3,                          http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450814997
CH View Distance,                https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=837729515
CUP Terrains - Core,             http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583496184
Enhanced Movement,               http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333310405
Enhanced Movement Rework,        http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2034363662
Enhanced Soundscape,             https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825179978
IFA3_AIO_LITE,                   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660460283
JSRS SOUNDMOD,                   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861133494
JSRS SOUNDMOD - IFA3 Mod Sounds, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1848649183
Project injury Reaction (PiR),   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1665585720
Quick- & Autosave,               http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489296873
reduced haze,                    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1397683809
TPW MODS,                        https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2586787720

...I also use TPW (via Steam) but my settings are very light. Just open the game and go into settings, find TPW and edit your preferences there, (before you actually start the mission).

// TPW MODS
tpw_air_active = true;
tpw_air_delay = 10;
tpw_air_exclude = 1;
tpw_air_heights = "100,250,500";
tpw_air_include = "heli,plane,uav,rhs,gm";
tpw_air_max = 2;
tpw_air_time = 300;
tpw_animal_active = true;
tpw_animal_crows = true;
tpw_animal_delay = 10;
tpw_animal_max = 5;
tpw_animal_maxradius = 250;
tpw_animal_minradius = 75;
tpw_animal_noisetime = 300;
tpw_animal_saddleperc = 0;
tpw_bleedout_active = true;
tpw_bleedout_affect = true;
tpw_bleedout_geneva = true;
tpw_bleedout_heartbeat = false;
tpw_bleedout_inc = 5;
tpw_bleedout_ithresh = 0.85;
tpw_bleedout_selfheal = true;
tpw_boat_active = false;
tpw_boat_delay = 10;
tpw_boat_num = 2;
tpw_boat_radius = 2000;
tpw_boat_waypoints = 5;
tpw_car_active = false;
tpw_car_delay = 10;
tpw_car_include = "RDS,LOP_,CIV,CUP_C,GM";
tpw_car_nocombatspawn = true;
tpw_car_num = 2;
tpw_car_radius = 1000;
tpw_car_waypoints = 15;
tpw_civ_active = false;
tpw_civ_casdisplay = 1;
tpw_civ_delay = 10;
tpw_civ_density = 5;
tpw_civ_init = "";
tpw_civ_maxallcas = 50;
tpw_civ_maxciv = 5;
tpw_civ_maxsquadcas = 5;
tpw_civ_radius = 200;
tpw_compress_active = false;
tpw_compress_attack = 0;
tpw_compress_hold = 1;
tpw_compress_level = 0.8;
tpw_compress_release = 0.5;
tpw_core_afrstring = "c_man";
tpw_core_asiastring = "vn_c_men";
tpw_core_eurostring = "cup_c_c";
tpw_core_excludestrings = "";
tpw_core_extended_enable = false;
tpw_core_greekstring = "c_man";
tpw_core_mideaststring = "cup_c_tk";
tpw_core_morning = 5;
tpw_core_night = 22;
tpw_core_oceaniastring = "c_man";
tpw_crowd_active = false;
tpw_crowd_animradius = 80;
tpw_crowd_density = 2;
tpw_crowd_max = 20;
tpw_crowd_moveradius = 5;
tpw_crowd_radius = 200;
tpw_crowd_scantime = 1.5;
tpw_duck_active = true;
tpw_duck_grenaderun = true;
tpw_duck_nosquad = false;
tpw_duck_player = 0.5;
tpw_duck_sensitivity = 0.8;
tpw_fall_active = false;
tpw_fall_delay = 10;
tpw_fall_falltime = 30;
tpw_fall_minfalltime = 10;
tpw_fall_radius = 600;
tpw_fall_sensitivity = 50.2796;
tpw_fall_sightnoise = true;
tpw_fall_threshold = 0.2;
tpw_fire_active = true;
tpw_fire_colour = [0.918205,0.393477,0.0545911];
tpw_fire_exclude = 40;
tpw_fire_intensity = 0.3;
tpw_fire_maxfires = 2;
tpw_fire_radius = 125;
tpw_fire_types = "metalbarrel,garbagebarrel,campfire,fireplace";
tpw_firefly_active = true;
tpw_firefly_blink = true;
tpw_firefly_brightness = 0.4;
tpw_firefly_colour = [0.8,1,0.2];
tpw_firefly_largeswarm = 0.240432;
tpw_firefly_maxflies = 50;
tpw_firefly_radius = 25;
tpw_firefly_size = 0.02;
tpw_firefly_speed = 0.075;
tpw_firefly_swarmsize = 5;
tpw_firefly_temp = 18;
tpw_firefly_time = 5;
tpw_firefly_trees = 5;
tpw_firefly_window = 4;
tpw_fog_active = true;
tpw_fog_breath = true;
tpw_fog_cansnow = false;
tpw_fog_delay = 10;
tpw_fog_groundfog = false;
tpw_fog_heathaze = true;
tpw_fog_mist = 0.05;
tpw_fog_radius = 250;
tpw_fog_rainfog = true;
tpw_furniture_active = false;
tpw_furniture_radius = 50;
tpw_furniture_scantime = 5;
tpw_hint_active = true;
tpw_houselights_active = true;
tpw_houselights_delay = 10;
tpw_houselights_radius = 80;
tpw_hud_active = false;
tpw_hud_addtac = true;
tpw_hud_alpha = 0.6;
tpw_hud_asl = "1,0.6,0.456,1";
tpw_hud_audible = true;
tpw_hud_azt = "1,0.5,0.452,1";
tpw_hud_civcolour = [1,1,1];
tpw_hud_colour = [1,1,1];
tpw_hud_degradation = true;
tpw_hud_displaytype = 1;
tpw_hud_enemycolour = [1,0.5,0];
tpw_hud_extragoggles = "";
tpw_hud_extraheadgear = "H_HelmetB_TI_tna_F";
tpw_hud_friendlycolour = [0,1,1];
tpw_hud_grd = "1,0.4,0.45,1";
tpw_hud_hlt = "1,0.4,0.55,1";
tpw_hud_iconmax = 1;
tpw_hud_iconmin = 0.25;
tpw_hud_icons = "24,23,30,29,24,23,30,29,22,20";
tpw_hud_icontext = 0.75;
tpw_hud_lmt = "1,0.4,0.5,1";
tpw_hud_offset = "0.34,0.26";
tpw_hud_prx = "1,0.5,0.505,1";
tpw_hud_range = "25,500";
tpw_hud_rng = "1,0.5,0.56,1";
tpw_hud_scale = 0.9;
tpw_hud_squadcolour = [0.5,1,0];
tpw_hud_textscale = 1;
tpw_hud_thirdperson = false;
tpw_hud_tmp = "1,0.6,0.51,1";
tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5;
tpw_hud_vel = "1,0.6,0.57,1";
tpw_mods_active = true;
tpw_park_active = false;
tpw_park_alarm = true;
tpw_park_createdist = 200;
tpw_park_include = "RDS,LOP_,CIV,CUP_C,GM,CSLA";
tpw_park_military = 0.2;
tpw_park_perc = 30;
tpw_park_simdist = 20;
tpw_park_wreck = 0.2;
tpw_puddle_active = false;
tpw_puddle_gradient = 0.05;
tpw_puddle_max = 8;
tpw_puddle_minradius = 10;
tpw_puddle_radius = 50;
tpw_puddle_rainthresh = 0.2;
tpw_puddle_ripple = 2;
tpw_puddle_time = 600;
tpw_radio_active = true;
tpw_radio_car = true;
tpw_radio_foot = false;
tpw_radio_time = 240;
tpw_rain_active = true;
tpw_rain_noises = true;
tpw_repair_active = true;
tpw_repair_noise = true;
tpw_repair_time = 5;
tpw_sanity_active = true;
tpw_sanity_affectall = true;
tpw_sanity_collisiondisabled = true;
tpw_sanity_scanradius = 150;
tpw_sanity_scanspeed = 15;
tpw_sanity_slowradius = 25;
tpw_sanity_slowspeed = 7;
tpw_sanity_stopradius = 3;
tpw_skirmish_active = false;
tpw_skirmish_casstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_chsstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_deadtime = 300;
tpw_skirmish_enemy_casstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_enemy_chsstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_enemy_support = false;
tpw_skirmish_enemy_uavstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_enemysquad_max = 2;
tpw_skirmish_enemytype = "4";
tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehicles_max = 1;
tpw_skirmish_enemyvehiclestring = "";
tpw_skirmish_friendlysquad_max = 2;
tpw_skirmish_friendlytype = "1";
tpw_skirmish_friendlyunitstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehicles_max = 1;
tpw_skirmish_friendlyvehiclestring = "";
tpw_skirmish_maxspawnradius = 1500;
tpw_skirmish_minspawnradius = 350;
tpw_skirmish_resist_casstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_resist_chsstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_resist_support = false;
tpw_skirmish_resist_uavstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_resistsquad_max = 2;
tpw_skirmish_resisttype = "6";
tpw_skirmish_resistunitstring = "";
tpw_skirmish_resistvehicles_max = 1;
tpw_skirmish_resistvehiclestring = "";
tpw_skirmish_spawntime = 30;
tpw_skirmish_support = true;
tpw_skirmish_uavstring = "";
tpw_soap_active = true;
tpw_soap_ambientvolume = 0;
tpw_soap_azanvolume = 0;
tpw_soap_chainsawvolume = 0;
tpw_soap_housefxvolume = 1;
tpw_soap_musicvolume = 0;
tpw_soap_region = "0";
tpw_soap_screamvolume = 0;
tpw_soap_sirenvolume = 0;
tpw_soap_trafficmult = 0;
tpw_soap_usermusic = 0;
tpw_soap_usersounds = 0;
tpw_zombies_active = false;
tpw_zombies_civambience = false;
tpw_zombies_females = true;
tpw_zombies_infestationsize = 12;
tpw_zombies_target = 1;
tpw_zombies_time = 30;

continue in the relevant thread so that others might find information useful. In fact if you have quesstions about a particular port (if it happens to one that is in my Sig') just click on that one and continue the topic there.

• Like 1

From older posts I see that there were some issues, or at least quirks with the coop versions/ports of this mission. Are there some or most that have the bugs worked out, or do you still have to work around things like messages not working after respawn, etc?

I haven't played Pilgrimage in MP yet, but want a friend to join me and I want his initial experience to be reasonably smooth. I think Altis would probably be ideal for us if it works well. I'm also looking for any Pilgrimage coop best practices. Any advice is appreciated!

Try my Altis version noted in the OP it should work fine.  If there is something you find not right let me know. I've since made changes to my ports but were never put up for public download. One thing IIRC, Alex can not load the body to take it back to the boat.