On 4/22/2021 at 2:47 AM, pvt. partz said:

@neofit

...I checked my version that I have stored down in the vault and it still works Ok. It's been a while but I may have made a few changes since the name of the terrain was changed. I can't confirm whether the name change makes any difference but nevertheless, I re-upped to DropBox.

Meh, still a problem on my end, even after a complete PC rebuild (leaving on the old gfx card, since I'm not a bitcoin millionaire 🙂 ) and windows reinstall. So it starts building the game world after asking for mission variables, then never ends. After more than 10 minutes I hit Alt-F4, and the game acts like it exited normally, it even does a save and exit, even though I never saw the actual game world. The whole time I have one core doing 100%, but with a brand new i5-11600K (twice as fast as my old one) it should be more than enough to do everything in one minute. Zero mods or with my usual set of mods.

Then I can actually Continue the mission and I get into the game world but it looks empty. I never see anyone nor find anyone nor any loot. Plenty of vehicles though. Maybe the map is different? Mine is from the .doc linked to the mission description on page 1, Vidda | Legacy Version.

Or maybe some DLC that I don't have?

I've tried vanilla Pilgrimage 1.95 and it works.

16:10:13 Starting mission:
16:10:13  Mission file: Pilgrimage\Pvt Partz\Pilgrimage_p195 (__cur_sp)
16:10:13  Mission world: blud_vidda
16:10:13  Mission directory: missions\__cur_sp.blud_vidda\
16:10:13 EPE manager release (0|141|0)
16:10:17 c:\bis\source\stable\futura\lib\ui\uimap.cpp DisplayGetReady::Destroy:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
16:10:17  Mission id: 6fae2cf8718f798f1befb3f3034be490267abad7
16:10:28 B_T_Truck_01_medical_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 B_Truck_01_fuel_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 B_T_Truck_01_fuel_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 B_Truck_01_Repair_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 I_Truck_02_covered_F: rear_hide - unknown animation source rear_hide
16:10:28 B_T_Truck_01_mover_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 O_LSV_02_armed_F: unarmed_main_turret_hide - unknown animation source turrethide
16:10:28 O_LSV_02_armed_F: unarmed_doors_hide - unknown animation source doorshide
16:10:28 O_LSV_02_armed_F: magazine_reload_hide_1 - unknown animation source voronamuzzle_reloadmagazine
16:10:28 B_Truck_01_mover_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 B_T_Truck_01_ammo_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 B_T_Truck_01_Repair_F: mirror_l_hide - unknown animation source mirror_l_hide
16:10:28 O_T_LSV_02_armed_F: unarmed_main_turret_hide - unknown animation source turrethide
16:10:28 O_T_LSV_02_armed_F: unarmed_doors_hide - unknown animation source doorshide
16:10:28 O_T_LSV_02_armed_F: magazine_reload_hide_1 - unknown animation source voronamuzzle_reloadmagazine
16:10:28 I_Truck_02_transport_F: rear_hide - unknown animation source rear_hide
16:10:29 O_T_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_ghex_F: cannon_ready_light - unknown animation source muzzle_hide_cannon
16:23:55 Shutdown normally

I've tried the Vidda version RC3 (from the first post in this topic) and it starts normally for me without delays. 

16:22:44 "CP count: 31"
16:22:44 "Garr count: 96"
16:22:49 "EG: 76 IG: 53 All units: 499"

It seems that your mission is hanging when putting down the abandoned vehicles. If you can get into the game world through the savegame you have, try pressing ESC and then restart and see if that makes any difference.

Alky_lee has stated that ports in this thread are not being updated. Some may still work, some may not. The link to Vidda on the first page is likely giving you problems because it is based off an older version of Vidda. To play on a stable version you should use the one in my signature.

Edited by pvt. partz
Alky_lee has stated that ports in this thread are being updated. "should read", Alky_lee has stated that ports in this thread are not being updated.

Been playing for years, it finally happened 🙂

nX65xdt.jpg

9Sp0rd6.jpg

TZak1ah.jpg

oFMAMR5.jpg

• Like 7

Howdy all!

out of interest: Is anyone working on an adaptation for Prarie Fire? I mean, it sorta just screams "Missing in Action / Rambo" style interpretation of Pilgrimage... Maybe even set during the ongoing war...You know, as in "you are a Vet/Merc hired to hunt down and extract a certain individual...etc etc"

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, flv*venom* said:

Howdy all!

out of interest: Is anyone working on an adaptation for Prarie Fire? I mean, it sorta just screams "Missing in Action / Rambo" style interpretation of Pilgrimage... Maybe even set during the ongoing war...You know, as in "you are a Vet/Merc hired to hunt down and extract a certain individual...etc etc"

Yes, I would love to see that too!

I've temporarily locked up my guns but if by chance you've overlooked it, try the Pilgrimage in Cambodia in my sig. You can play SP or Co-op versions. If you enable the ambient combat, you'll be in a world of trouble, but so much fun!

• Sad 1

Need help porting Taviana.

I've done many ported missions to terrains but this has me stumped. When I play the port in the editor while having debug on, all I see are the airfields, mcamps, body and checkpoints showing in the map for both SP and MP. I don't see the various enemy or abandon cars, etc like this example.

Lingor.jpg

This is all I see for Taviana.

Taviana.jpg

Any ideas?

41 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Need help porting Taviana.I've done many ported missions to terrains but this has me stumped. When I play the port in the editor while having debug on, all I see are the airfields, mcamps, body and checkpoints showing in the map for both SP and MP. I don't see the various enemy or abandon cars, etc

Any ideas?

The things you see are given co-ordinates in JR_Init. The things that are missing are entirely produced by scripts that require certain things from the map config as to town and building locations. Something is missing in the map config which is causing the scripts to fail to provide values.

Is anything showing up in the RPT log?

On 9/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, major-stiffy said:

Need help porting Taviana.

Any version of it you find is likely to be taken down at some point. This might be an exercise in futility. 

I'm so sorry for posting again. I know this thread is very old, but i still love Pilgrimage. There was an update between 1.95 beta 1 and 1.95 which fixed a waypoint issue (you'd get to a waypoint and it would still say "waiting"). Is there an easy i can implement that fix on the Tanao SP, which has been save under 1.95 beta 1?

In the JR_fnc.sqf there's a function: RYD_JR_LazyTravel

Responsible for this feature part in the newest Pilgrimage is this:

case (_shift) :
			{
			if not (RYD_JR_NoMarkers) then
				{
				_gp = group player;
				_pos = [_pos select 0,_pos select 1];
				_aPos = getPosATL player;
				_aPos resize 2;

((waypoints _gp) select 0) setWaypointPosition [_aPos,0];

_wp = _gp addWaypoint [_pos,0];
				_wp setWaypointType 'MOVE';
				_wp setWaypointStatements ['true','deleteWaypoint [(group this),0]']
				}			
			}

Check, if looks same in said port. Not sure, but I hope, it fixes the issue. 

Great, thank you Rydygier!! ☺️

'true' was added in the line below which makes the difference. 

9 hours ago, Rydygier said:

_wp setWaypointStatements ['true','deleteWaypoint [(group this),0]']

So I guess once you've been bitten by the Arma bug, you never really recover.

I'm wondering how many players are still looking for their brother these days.

I see a new DLC called Western Sahara, (actually pretty cheap @ $6.00) and thoughts are running through my head for another port.

Porting is a lot of work so if players still can't get away from Pilgrimage, just "Like" and let me know.

• Like 8

On 11/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, pvt. partz said:

So I guess once you've been bitten by the Arma bug, you never really recover.

I'm wondering how many players are still looking for their brother these days.

I see a new DLC called Western Sahara, (actually pretty cheap @ $6.00) and thoughts are running through my head for another port.

Porting is a lot of work so if players still can't get away from Pilgrimage, just "Like" and let me know.

I'm still waiting for someone to port Prairie Fire map to Pilgrimage. I bought the DLC only for this! ;D 

And Western Sahara map looks pretty dull.

I'm still waiting for someone to port Prairie Fire map to Pilgrimage

@Hertz_85 I get that there are a lot of new assets not to mention the terrain. I've heard that the terrain is tough on the frame rates. I always want Pilgrimage to run smoothly but with the ability to really turn up the features in Pilgrimage, particularily ambient combat, it can run pretty badly. Also, porting is a lot of work and I've already done Cambodia which is as close as you can get to what Prairie Fire offers, that is, a tropical jungle in south east asia.

And Western Sahara map looks pretty dull.

Second, I suppose each person might have their own preference when it comes to ones favorite terrian. I was intrigued with Wester Sahara "because" it is so wide open. One, the frame rates will be through the roof and secondly, being exposed with few places to hide provides a new challenge.

Just dropping by to say that Pilgrimage is my all-time favorite single player Arma mission!

I wish I could have figured out a way to have progress save in the ported multiplayer coop, which I never managed, though I think about trying to sort it out and write it up if I could get some help.

Has anyone been able to play coop pilgrimage (2, 3, or 4 player) running on a dedicated server and save progress between play sessions?

Thanks for the mission, and for the ports!

Never played MP on dedicated so I’m no help.  Always played where one would host which did allow saving between sessions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Never played MP on dedicated so I’m no help.  Always played where one would host which did allow saving between sessions.

Okay, thank you.

I should try figuring out my port forwarding stuff so I can try hosting a game to test if I can save.

Is there a coop version of Pilgrimage Livonia?