I PM'd homesick mod since it's been a month when last checked status. He had no update.

I don't think I'll continue to add anything more to this great porting thread to a great Pilgrimage mod.  😞

Thanks alky_lee for your time and effort!

The CUP Team have brought out an update to Chernarus called Chernarus 2020 which includes updated enterable buildings. Haven't tried it too much but it looks good. 

I wondered if Pilgrimage would work on it, and it looks like it does. Everything seems to be there except for checkpoints maybe.

I've done a rough port for testing where nothing has been changed from Rydygier's version. If anyone wants to test it, the pbo is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogeta8ta8q3iquf/Pilgrimage_2020.cup_chernarus_A3.pbo?dl=0

It requires the Dev CUP versions of Core and Maps 2.0

• Thanks 1

Everything seems to be there except for checkpoints maybe.

... barring low (known) fps's

57 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

... barring low (known) fps's

I've been testing it. Turned everything up to 100% and FPS performance has been OK although I haven't been into any towns yet. It's only my performance that has been poor. Jeez I've been dying a lot. Had to deal with a squad that had the higher ground. Killed them all except for one which was the marksman somewhere in the trees. I don't know how many times he one shotted me. 

I have seen one checkpoint. I know there is an airfield just over the next hill because I can hear the gunship taking off. Luckily they sent an AA team in an Ifrit which I have now captured so next time I will be prepared.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:10 AM, alky_lee said:

I've been testing it. Turned everything up to 100% and FPS performance has been OK although I haven't been into any towns yet. It's only my performance that has been poor. Jeez I've been dying a lot. Had to deal with a squad that had the higher ground. Killed them all except for one which was the marksman somewhere in the trees. I don't know how many times he one shotted me. 

I have seen one checkpoint. I know there is an airfield just over the next hill because I can hear the gunship taking off. Luckily they sent an AA team in an Ifrit which I have now captured so next time I will be prepared.

Took the mission to the end with 3 major battles and 27 reverts. No major issues, Everything seems to be working and CUP have released a stable version of the map which won't be updated as frequently. So I have put the ported mission on the Steam Workshop

Turned everything up to 100%

...Ha, I like to try to make my way up to a good vantage point and watch all the commotion around me. Then when everything simmers down and you decide to it's safe to move on, Bam, more action!

• Like 1

I just finished a fairly epic run-through on Kujari. Insane/sunset (dark)/most settings in the medium range, with high ambient combat/medium SAD.no arty. Using Incognito and LAMBS Danger + Suppression. Mainly tried to stay undercover, and got lucky within the first half-hour after literally running into a civi offroad in good shape. "Liberated" some NVGs and all necessary navigation tools not long after, which was my primary focus. Lots of dodging crossfire and stray rounds. Feeling the RP in a big way. Of course, at the very end, as I was scrolling to load my brother's body into the boat, a Kamysh rolled up and the world exploded. Ah, well.

Kujari is a fantastic terrain, and Pilgrimage has been a blast to play on it. Recommended!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Kujari is a fantastic terrain, and Pilgrimage has been a blast to play on it. Recommended!

@Harzach which download did you play ?

Kujari by Vafana or Kujari by Major Stiffy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cb65 said:

@Harzach which download did you play ?

Kujari by Vafana or Kujari by Major Stiffy.

Looks like it was Major Stiffy's. I downloaded both, but loaded one randomly. I'll definitely try Vafana's next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

...Ha, I like to try to make my way up to a good vantage point and watch all the commotion around me. Then when everything simmers down and you decide to it's safe to move on, Bam, more action!

I was at a vantage point overlooking Chernogorsk trying to survey the area. “Truck, 100m” - there was a truckload of LDF in the trees. I didn’t know there was a CSAT checkpoint out of sight round the next corner. Mortar rounds were landing all around. Two CSAT fireteams came towards us. Then an AAF fireteam came from the opposite direction, There was also another CSAT checkpoint on the lower area with the Stomper near to it, looking a bit disabled but still alive, with an off-road crashed into the back of it. 

All I had was a tree for cover, and nowhere to go. That kept me busy for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've reworked Cambodia because bludski has released an updated, version of PKL. This new version has a much more openness to it so I'm hopeful that enemy spawns will be a bit better than the original. Which leads me to ask Rydygier a question:

...As we are aware of how CP & HC's are spawned, Do the Garrisons also require certain conditions similar to CP's and HC's?

Unlike the checkpoints and hidden camps, garrisons spawn doesn't rely/require certain terrain features, like crossroads or forest clearings. Garrison spawn is based on map locations of certain types. Relevant JRInit code, that collects locations for garrisoning:

RYD_JR_allCities = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity"],_rds * 1.42];
RYD_JR_allVillages = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameVillage"],_rds * 1.42];
RYD_JR_allLocal = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameLocal","Hill"],_rds * 1.42];

So we have three arrays of locations. Big, medium, small, with roughly proportional garrison strength (more/stronger forces in bigger cities, than in small villages, but size is determined by location type, not actual amount of buildings or anything like that, except for "military" status that can be given based on "better loot" building types near, that also affects garrison strength). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Unlike the checkpoints and hidden camps, garrisons spawn doesn't rely/require certain terrain features, like crossroads or forest clearings. Garrison spawn is based on map locations of certain types. Relevant JRInit code, that collects locations for garrisoning:

RYD_JR_allCities = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameCityCapital","NameCity"],_rds * 1.42];
RYD_JR_allVillages = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameVillage"],_rds * 1.42];
RYD_JR_allLocal = nearestLocations [_mapC, ["NameLocal","Hill"],_rds * 1.42];

So we have three arrays of locations. Big, medium, small, with roughly proportional garrison strength (more/stronger forces in bigger cities, than in small villages, but size is determined by location type, not actual amount of buildings or anything like that, except for "military" status that can be given based on "better loot" building types near, that also affects garrison strength). 

...Ah, that's a big help!

EDIT:

...I've been able to squash most bugs for this port. There's just a couple of details I'd like to touch up for...

LIVONIA

...stand by

Here it is!

Edited by pvt. partz
Livonia Port Release
  • Like 2

I know we talked about the initial start where the group of vehicles populates the mission, usually near the center given a large enough empty space. I can't find the post now and was wondering how that spot is chosen AND how to change the number of vehicles to suit a smaller/larger terrain. They all explode and I need to "show/hide" terrain objects to make room. This will also be a bit of a test to see if the show/hide actually works on spawns or if that is just a visual benefit for the player.

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

I know we talked about the initial start where the group of vehicles populates the mission, usually near the center given a large enough empty space. I can't find the post now and was wondering how that spot is chosen AND how to change the number of vehicles to suit a smaller/larger terrain. They all explode and I need to "show/hide" terrain objects to make room. This will also be a bit of a test to see if the show/hide actually works on spawns or if that is just a visual benefit for the player.

Previously Rydygier has said this, 

The way to minimize it may be to reduce proportionally to map size compared to Altis (to the amount of not-in-the-city-free-space-not-so-far-from-some-road to be exact) number of spawned abandoned vehicles in JRInit.sqf

(Altis map size setting):

_softVAm = 30 + (floor (random 20));//30-49
_armVAm = ((3 + (floor (random 2)) - RYD_JR_Difficulty) max 0) min 3;//0-3

...you must have a good filing system to find it so quick.

...so I understand that it will look for a suitable spot close to the center of the map, which is what I always thought.

...my old number was already at 10 so it not really the quantity in my case but the position.

Thanks!

...well "show/hide" terrain objects doesn't work. They always spawn in the same spot even though it really isn't anywhere near the center but to be fair, anywhere close to the center is quite dense with few open areas. I may have to figure what Ryd' was saying about V1,V2,V3. and make more than one spot with only one or two in each. I really truly don't think that for Cambodia it's all that important to have many vehicles just because of the lack of roads. There are enough vehicles to grab by other means to.

Solution?

_softVAm = 0 + (floor (random 0));
_armVAm = ((1 + (floor (random 1)) - RYD_JR_Difficulty) max 0) min 1;

...all we really need is the .......youknowwhat. 😋

not-in-the-city-free-space-not-so-far-from-some-road

That's the key conditions, code seeks for such across whole map probing spots at random. Cambodia... Well. Few roads, not much free space, I pressume... There can be problems. 

Relevant code is located between progressLoadingScreen 0.4; and progressLoadingScreen 0.5; in JRInit.sqf. 

BUT

As we talked lately, Cambodia map has a config problem - no "mapSize" property. JRInit also assumes this property to be present. In the JRInit.sqf find this:

_mapSize = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");

and replace with:

_mapSize = 8192;

(other maps with same problem may have different size of course).

That seem to be the main issue here, because without such change, each vehicle indeed may land at the same spot all the time. It likely will cause other problems as well.  

Pilgrimage in Cambodia (RHSPKL version)

This port has been a work in progress for a long time. There are a lot of things I wanted to change to get the best feel for the time and place. Kinda my guinea pig. As the title says, this is for the original PKL terrain and I plan on finishing the RHSPKL as well.

Edit:

Pilgrimage is now on the newest version of Prei Khmaoch Luong from (bludclot) Red Hammer Studios.

Edit:

fixed fog so it doesn't get thicker over time.

reworked the spawn points.

Download link

Steam

Thanks alky !

It's been a long time playing on Tanoa. Def' gonna go back down memory lane.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Thanks alky !

It's been a long time playing on Tanoa. Def' gonna go back down memory lane.

I’ve been running a few test missions and it’s been a bit different. When I port the mission, I do the strongholds first, but by the time that I’ve finished the port, I’ve forgotten where they are. It makes it interesting for me too.

@Pvt Partz

Apparently I am a bit late trying the Vidda version only today. The linked Vidda map is now labelled as "Legacy Vidda", and when I launching the scenario on it the setup phase after choosing the settings never ends. Any chance for an update?

@neofit

...I checked my version that I have stored down in the vault and it still works Ok. It's been a while but I may have made a few changes since the name of the terrain was changed. I can't confirm whether the name change makes any difference but nevertheless, I re-upped to DropBox.

PS: Just goes to show the timelessness of this mission.

• Like 1