On 1/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, major-stiffy said:

Was looking to update another terrain.

Already updated to latest 1.95 except for this small update by Rydygier.

Lingor
Tanoa
Chernarus redux
Rosche
Anizay
Isla Duala
Australia
Malden
Dingor

Reveal hidden contents

Tiny update: 1.951. Changelog:

- fixed: if mission starts at night,  always should be given SMG compatible with added flashlight (normal difficulty). 

Not counting version number, the only change was made in the JRInit.sqf, at this line:

if ((daytime < 4.5) or (daytime > 19)) then

into:

if ((RYD_JR_Daytime < 4.5) or (RYD_JR_Daytime > 19)) then

NOT UPDATED

vidda
tembelan
kobbvatn
kerma islands
stratis
Cambodia

Lythium
Sahrani
Taunus
Chernarus Winter
Chernarus

Anyone have a suggestion from these or another terrain?

Has Altis been updated? Not showing in either list :-)

3 hours ago, domithious said:

Has Altis been updated? Not showing in either list :-)

Altis is the Official version and can be found for download at 

@Vafana or others. Was playing his Tanoa mission and noticed Alex was calling out a formation about every 30 seconds.

arma1.jpgfrost bank financial center near me

Also, after unpacking the hideout the campfire is way in the air. Ryd fixed this in one of his recent updates so maybe you didn't start with the current update to port Tanoa.

arma-2.jpg

29 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

@Vafana or others. Was playing his Tanoa mission and noticed Alex was calling out a formation about every 30 seconds.

I've been trying out the VCOM AI v3.1  mod and that resulted in Alex calling out formations at regular intervals. Very annoying. I also lost control of my AI companion in contact because he thought he would do what he liked such as getting in our battered Strider GMG when the gunship was looking for us. One of the gunships refused to RTB and would just hover when it was finished. The enemy AI would also try to reclaim our captured vehicles if we weren't in them. I would imagine that they would also take abandoned vehicles if they were normally from their side, so less vehicles for the player and a prospect of facing more armour. Though it was good to see the Officer at a checkpoint taking over a static weapon after I killed the gunner and the AI closed you down very quickly and weren't afraid to come into buildings and upstairs to find you.

I was also running with RHS so was wall to wall with AKs & M16/M4s but short on AT & AA and the TPW civvies were all driving round in armed land rovers, jeeps, offroads, etc. so all in all a very strange mission.

Regarding the camp fires in the air, I think that was the 1.95 beta 3 version that prompted further work and resulted in the stuff sellers and the green icon for the POW.

6 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

I've been trying out the VCOM AI v3.1  mod and that resulted in Alex calling out formations at regular intervals.

Ah...me too and I suspected that might be the case. Thanks for confirming.

I noticed my buddy was moving around while in the map screen even though I told him to stop and lay down.

VCOM has some good AI potential and I'm trying it for the first time in awhile. Was always bugging, memory leaker and the like.

I noticed the enemy taking control of my vehicle when I used VCOM in the past but haven't noticed it yet in the new release. I did notice when the enemy was killed and was an xplosive spec, they dropped mines and shit near their body. That was pretty cool.

I was hurting pretty bad while trying to take over a stronghold, my buddy was far away from me, so I drove up the hill planning to unpack and heal but got screwed with the fire being in the air.

I'm going to continue to use VCOM because they are more aggressive but may shit can it if things get too wacky or the calling formation gets too annoying.

9 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Also, after unpacking the hideout the campfire is way in the air. Ryd fixed this in one of his recent updates so maybe you didn't start with the current update to port Tanoa.

It is possible that the "fix" appeared after I did the update, I really don't remember...

@vafana

Hello Vafana
 I am assuming by reading your latest post that you have already ported Tanoa. I found a few spots that need to be corrected in your Tanoa port. Here are the files that need to be checked

JRInit.sqf

all of the "isOwned DLC" data needs to be copied

MainLoop.sqf

I see Ryd's reads as
        _blds = _pos nearObjects ["House",_radius];

and your reads as
        _blds = (_pos nearObjects ["House",_radius]) + (_pos nearObjects ["BagBunker_base_F",_radius]);

GUI.hpp
This is nothing more than just a way to show what version of Pilgrimage is running. Certainly no biggy as far as game play is concerned.

Ryd's version reads as
            text = "PILGRIMAGE version 1.951";

and your reads as
            text = "PILGRIMAGE version 1.95";

SettingCamp.sqf

look for the following line...
if ((count _pos) < 2) exitWith {hint "No suitable place nearby."};   //existing line

...and enter the following new line...

_pos set [2,0];  //new line

I'm guessing this line might solve elevated campfire issues.

NOTE:

Rydygier did post an unofficial patch in the main Pilgrimage thread addressing the a load-out issue related to one of the difficulty settings. The post reads as...

Tiny update: 1.951. Changelog:
Post found here...

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/163307-sp-pilgrimage/?do=findComment&comment=3331802

- fixed: if mission starts at night,  always should be given SMG compatible with added flashlight (normal difficulty).

Not counting version number, the only change was made in the JRInit.sqf, at this line:

if ((daytime < 4.5) or (daytime > 19)) then

into:

if ((RYD_JR_Daytime < 4.5) or (RYD_JR_Daytime > 19)) then

• Thanks 1

Lythium SP updated.

Link to Alky.

Be sure to read the text file because there are two ways of ending the mission.

Pictures are inside the text file to show the different ways to load/unload the body.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Be sure to read the text file because there are two ways of ending the mission.

Or I should say that's how it might work. Haven't tested other scenarios with other vehicles. 🤔

On 2/4/2019 at 6:36 PM, major-stiffy said:

Haven't tested other scenarios with other vehicles.

I tested this more and in order to end the mission you have to unload the body into the 4WD car you spawn with.

So, caution...if it's destroyed me thinks you're screwed.

Alky please delete the notes\document in the OP and replace it with the above statement or however you feel gets the point across.

Thanks a lot.

30 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

I tested this more and in order to end the mission you have to unload the body into the 4WD car you spawn with.

So, caution...if it's destroyed me thinks you're screwed.

Alky please delete the notes\document in the OP and replace it with the above statement or however you feel gets the point across.

Thanks a lot.

Until someone says otherwise, I've put a note that, for all landlocked terrains, you need the original vehicle to end the mission. I think that was my experience on Rosche.

• Like 1

Napf - Napf by Alky Lee download the same file. Is this intended? Is Napf the terrain required?

2 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Napf - Napf by Alky Lee download the same file. Is this intended? Is Napf the terrain required?

Sounds like I’ve buggered up the links. I’ll fix it when I get home. Napf is the terrain required. 

That’s the trouble with doing stuff late at night.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Updated in the first post. All working now.

Another port by request has been added to the first post. Panthera island.

The map is smaller than I realised, so may be worth turning down the camp/checkpoints densities. I ran with everything at 75% and there were plenty of enemies, especially when the body was near to an airfield and there was a T100 a couple of hundred of metres away.

Did we ever find an answer to the exploding abandoned vehicles at mission start?

6B028485CF75D91EB644C78E431808DCAF4FE221

Did we ever find an answer to the exploding abandoned vehicles at mission start?

I believe, we did long time ago. 🙂 It may happens especially on small maps, when the code fails to find suitable random spot. In such case vehicle is placed at default map pos. All of them on the same position. At least that was the case last time, I checked. The risk of such occurence has been minimized at some point, but still there's a risk, code will choose same spot for more, than one vehicle somewehere. The way to further minimize it may be to reduce proportionally to maps size (to the amount of not-in-the-city-free-space-not-so-far-from-some-road to be exact) number of spawned abandoned vehicles here in JRInit.sqf (Altis map size setting):

_softVAm = 30 + (floor (random 20));//30-49
_armVAm = ((3 + (floor (random 2)) - RYD_JR_Difficulty) max 0) min 3;//0-3

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2019 at 11:53 AM, Rydygier said:

I believe, we did long time ago. 🙂 It may happens especially on small maps, when the code fails to find suitable random spot. In such case vehicle is placed at default map pos. All of them on the same position. At least that was the case last time, I checked. The risk of such occurence has been minimized at some point, but still there's a risk, code will choose same spot for more, than one vehicle somewehere. The way to further minimize it may be to reduce proportionally to maps size (to the amount of not-in-the-city-free-space-not-so-far-from-some-road to be exact) number of spawned abandoned vehicles here in JRInit.sqf (Altis map size setting):

_softVAm = 30 + (floor (random 20));//30-49
_armVAm = ((3 + (floor (random 2)) - RYD_JR_Difficulty) max 0) min 3;//0-3

I played around with the figures and to stop any vehicles going into orbit at start it was reduced to 10 + random 10, but this runs the risk of finding the body on a large island on Panthera and not having a vehicle to transport it to the boat. Something to think about.

Always you can just:

_softVAm = 20;

But one way or another, if the map includes two or more separated land masses, there will be always some risk, the body will be on the one without any vehicle. One would need to reduce gameplay area to only one of these land masses, but that also includes more complex changes in the code. 

Also you could manually set one empty vehicle per each land mass with chapel, perhaps with some big placement radius, name each anyhow, say v1, v2, v3, then go to JRInit.sqf find this:

RYD_JR_AllEV = [];

and turn it into:

RYD_JR_AllEV = [v1,v2,v3];

• Like 1

Anizay

What a blast with tons of armor flying around at me.

I guess this little guy was thirsty. 😁

STOMPER.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Anizay.

Managed to take over a stronghold but I was too late for this fellow. Looks like they chopped off his head. Armed Rebels Mangle Aid.

anizay.jpgwhere is the nearest filling station

They haven’t chopped off his head. They’ve chopped off his body.

• Like 1