Anizay_Pilgrimage_SP_RC3.tem_anizay

Deleted 120 checkpoints.

Fix text in triggers regarding Ryd_car.

Rosche, Germany SP.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527410521&searchtext=rosche

Requires:

CUP Terrains - Core

MBG Buildings 3 (Arma2 Legacy)

Note:

It's a land locked terrain. You'll spawn with a 4WD.

I've found while testing that in order to finish the mission, "load body into car" will give mission ending. Another option after finding the body is "load body into vehicle", transport to another vehicle then "load body into car" will also give mission ending. This is also true for Anizay.

PM to Alky for link.

First post updated Anizay and added Rosche.

@major-stiffy In Pilgrimage Roche I have encountered something weird, in a stronghold near Bruchwedel (NE of the map) there were 3 units with static weapons from US forces; From wath I saw, it's not a FOB from the original map, you probably added it to it but by mistake with all these US units.

@vafana  Yea I saw that but it was surrounded by sandbags and didn't think the AI could get to it. It was part of a composition I put down. I've removed it and will release an update if I get other feedback.

Thanks for playing it. It takes time to convert these terrains to Pilgrimage and it's nice to know someone is actually playing them.

Chernarus Redux terrain needs a major update due to terrain maker making changes plus a crap load of current terrains need updated to Ryd's latest changelog. I'm losing the energy to do so because there is basically no feedback to motivate me to update them.

I have no one to play COOP with so I'm not doing those any more.

• Thanks 4

@major-stiffy95% of my ARMA playtime has been in this scenario. I sincerely appreciate any and all efforts you've made to port the scenario to new/additional maps! :drinking2:

Thank both you, Alky_Lee and Vafana (and whomever else I've omitted, sorry!) for your hard work! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@major-stiffy

Do not worry about this, "Pilgrimage" is still played by many Arma fans because Rydygier did something perfect with it;  Arma players are over 2 million and most of them do not even show up here on the forum, so don't worry.:smile_o:

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, major-stiffy said:

Thanks for playing it. It takes time to convert these terrains to Pilgrimage and it's nice to know someone is actually playing them.

Playing the Rosche version, I went to check out an abandoned vehicle. This is what I found.

t5nq4zK.png

Jeeps that think they are boats.

Roger that Alky, I saw it too. I'll try to find the part of the code that spawns boats instead of cars. (Ryd, any hint?) It's a land locked island so boats aren't really necessary unless we decide to make all spawn points to the west where the river is and force players to load body into boat to finish the mission. Thoughts?

Code responsible for finding positions for additional boats (final body holders ending scenario) is located in JRInit.sqf and looks like this:

_boatSpots = [];

_expression = "((waterDepth factor [1,1.4])/(1 + waterDepth)) * ((randomGen(houses factor [0.1,0.6]))/(1 + houses))";
_value = selectBestPlaces [_mapC,_rds,_expression,15,12];

{
	_boatSpots set [(count _boatSpots),_x select 0];
	}
foreach _value;

So, for land locked map, you need change selectBestPlaces _expression to one, that would find positions on free land since by default it looks for shallow water at shore with some pier (houses) near - so jeeps landed in such type of location. Or use different methond to find positions instead of selectBestPlaces approach.

And just below spawning code:

{
	_pos = _x;// select 0;
	//_val = _x select 1;
	_pos set [2,0];
	_nB = position (nearestBuilding _pos);
	_vehType = "C_Boat_Civil_01_F";
	if ((random 100) < 1) then
		{
		_vehType = ["B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F","I_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F","O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F"] select (floor (random 3))
		};

_boat = createVehicle [_vehType, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

_dir = [_pos,_nB,10] call RYD_JR_AngTowards;

_boat setDir _dir;	

RYD_JR_Boats pushBack _boat;

clearItemCargo _boat;
	clearWeaponCargo _boat;
	clearMagazineCargo _boat;
	if ((random 100) > 0.25) then {_boat setFuel (0.3 + (random 0.7))};
	if ((random 100) > 0.25) then {_boat setVehicleAmmo (random 1)};
	if ((random 100) > 0.25) then {_boat setDamage (random 0.6)};

if (RYD_JR_Debug) then
		{
		_m = "VMark_" + (str _pos);
		_m = createMarker [_m,_pos];
		_m setMarkerColor "colorGrey";
		_m setMarkerShape "ICON";
		_m setMarkerType "mil_triangle";
		_m setMarkerSize [0.5,0.5];
		_m setMarkerText _vehType
		}
	}
foreach _boatSpots;

Here you need to change _vehType classes from boats to desired land vehicles, but you've changed that to jeep classes already, right? 

EDIT: as new expression you can try same, I'm using for finding positions suitable for mortars (optional hostile arty):

_expression = "meadow * (1 - forest - trees - houses - sea)";

I think Because of this

RYD_JR_Cars = [RYD_JR_car];  //line 252

RPT gives this error

9:00:44   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_jr_boats
 9:00:44 File C:\Users\Marc\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Major_Stiffy\missions\Rosche_Pilgrimage_SP_RC1.WL_Rosche\RYD_JR\JRInit.sqf, line 2452
 9:00:44 Error in expression <YD_JR_AngTowards;

_boat setDir _dir;	

clearItemC>
 9:00:44   Error position: <RYD_JR_Boats pushBack _boat;

But the boats spawn correctly anyway.

boat.jpg

I think I'll just call it done....?

Thanks Rydygier.

RYD_JR_Cars 

Do not rename existing variables, unless you're sure, you know, what you're doing. Actual cars can be stored without any problems in RYD_JR_Boats. Just rename RYD_JR_Cars back to RYD_JR_Boats, and should be OK and RPT clear. Due to this error later will appear critical errors. RYD_JR_Boats variable is used in conditions of some actions like load body to the boat, in the Main Loop and other places so simply can't stay undefined. When scripting, you simply can't leave such errors be. All of them need to be eradicated. :)

Gotcha

But since we are loading body car, boat does not apply.

I'm certainly not about to reverse engineer your mission :yikes: Oh my!

So...folks will just have to live with 4WD in the water because the mission works otherwise and completes after loading a body in a car.

If anyone wants to take a stab at fixing it, be my guest. :thumbs-up:

On 10/28/2018 at 10:50 AM, major-stiffy said:

I've found while testing that in order to finish the mission, "load body into car" will give mission ending. Another option after finding the body is "load body into vehicle", transport to another vehicle then "load body into car" will also give mission ending. This is also true for Anizay.

Well it appears I might have been was wrong about this. Just did a play through, found body, tried to load it in abandoned vehicle and it did not work. I had to drive back to my original 4WD that I spawned with and was able to complete this mission. In my first play through the above quoted was true. Since I'm no scriptor mmmmm?

Alky, may want to note in OP to have players mark the location of their 4WD if they change vehicles in order to finish the mission. Which in a way makes it more challenging after finding the body.

This is a very nice map and seems to play well with Pilgrimage. There are no errors when launching the mission in the editor.

On 1.11.2018 at 2:06 PM, major-stiffy said:

It takes time to convert these terrains to Pilgrimage and it's nice to know someone is actually playing them.

I'm losing the energy to do so because there is basically no feedback to motivate me to update them.

@Rydygier @major-stiffy @alky_lee @vafana Hey, i just want to leave some love here for you guys. I rarely post on forums and i think a lot of people are like me. I frequently check this thread for updates and played a lot of these ports and i absolutely love them. But i feel you, when you miss the feedback you all deserve. You guys did a hell of a job with creating and porting this great mission. Don't stop being awesome! :)

Chernarus Redux terrain needs a major update

That's the reason why i checked for updates today. Chernarus Redux is my favorite terrain for pilgrimage. But the last times i tried, it started with a wrecked boat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, major-stiffy said:

Chernarus Redux terrain needs a major update due to terrain maker making changes

There is something funky about this terrain now that doesn't like Ryd's script for spawning a boat. No matter where I tell the boat to spawn on the Z axis, it always is at the bottom of the ocean and destroyed.

My guess is there is an issue on the terrain conflicting with Ryd's scripts regarding getPosATL to spawn the boat? Direction is fine.

In JRInit.sqf  ???

_boat = createVehicle [_vehType, _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
	_boat setDir _dir;
	clearItemCargo _boat;
	clearWeaponCargo _boat;
	clearMagazineCargo _boat;
	if ((random 100) > 0.25) then {_boat setFuel (0.3 + (random 0.7))};
	if ((random 100) > 0.25) then {_boat setVehicleAmmo (random 1)};
	if ((random 100) > 0.25) then {_boat setDamage (random 0.6)};
foreach _boatSpots;
RYD_JR_AllEV = (RYD_JR_AllEV + RYD_JR_Boats) - [RYD_JR_Boat];
RYD_JR_AllEV = (RYD_JR_AllEV + RYD_JR_Boats) - [RYD_JR_Boat];
_bDir = [getPosATL RYD_JR_Boat,getPosATL player,5] call RYD_JR_AngTowards;
RYD_JR_boat setDir _bDir;

My only way around this is to actually put a boat at each spawn position within the editor unless someone else has ideas.

I don't know anything about map making, but knowing scripts I would guess, it is possible to make a map, that will not work properly with scripting commands, especially positioning commands IMO, as these probably somehow refer to map's coordinates system properties etc. I mean wip/bugged maps. Proper way to deal with such problem is to fix the map, whatever is wrong with it. Positioning commands are exstensively used across many places of the code, thus any attempt to workaround with scripts seems futile here. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

workaround with scripts seems futile here

Agree and understood.

Chernarus_Redux_Pilgrimage_SP_NOV18.chernarusredux

See change notes when Alky posts it in OP.

Man, what a pain in the ass this was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Chernarus_Redux_Pilgrimage_SP_NOV18.chernarusredux

See change notes when Alky posts it in OP.

Man, what a pain in the ass this was.

Original post updated with the new version..

Also Isla Duala has been updated to the latest version of Pilgrimage.

• Like 1

Thx for the new Cherno Version guys. Just one question. DS_Houses isn't a requirement for the terrain anymore. Is it still included for mission related reasons?

1 hour ago, Wurstkoffer said:

DS_Houses isn't a requirement for the terrain anymore

I see that now. I recall a lot of houses could not be entered which is where DS houses comes in. So your saying the terrain natively allows those houses to be entered now?

I wonder if this is still useful?

Open Chernarus Project

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31819

IIRC, these mods allowed access to loot boxes that were in these types of buildings.

Yeah you can enter those houses now natively. They must have included the DS_Houses in the terrain now.

19 minutes ago, Wurstkoffer said:

Yeah you can enter those houses now natively. They must have included the DS_Houses in the terrain now.

OK, I've removed DS Houses as a requirement from the first post

36 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

OK, I've removed DS Houses as a requirement from the first post

Cool, but it's still required through mission.sqm, though. ;)