3 hours ago, domithious said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know of a mod which will allow you to move all inventory from one vehicle to another? I thought it would be useful for Pilgrimage, but I haven't been able to find anything. 

I absolutely agree on the need for such a mod. I was recently playing the Taunus port and thinking about how useful such a mod would be. A vehicle inventory transfer mod would be extremely useful for dynamic missions or campaigns that have persistent gear from mission to mission. Doing so manually can be very time consuming and a bit dangerous in areas that aren't quite secure.

Cambodia SP has been sent to Alky Lee.

Also, a shout out to him for taking the time to manage this thread. Much appreciated!

edit: Cambodia COOP will not be uploaded.

1 hour ago, pvt. partz said:

Cambodia COOP will not be uploaded

Woos. ?

8 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Cambodia SP has been sent to Alky Lee.

The first post has been updated

8 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Also, a shout out to him for taking the time to manage this thread. Much appreciated!

Thanks. It's been more work than I envisaged, but that is all good. Lots of choices where to go.

Unfortunately Cambodia REAL has had to be pulled. Pvt Partz does not have the time to continue with it, so he is happy for anyone to try and pick it up to make it work perfectly (if that is possible in Cambodia).

Guys, big thanks for porting Pilgrimage to different maps - I simply cannot stop playing!

Paired with TPW (with some features disabled), Improved Ammo A3 (increased global damage), Advanced movement and rappelling, AI accuracy fix, Mao's weapon sway fix, Rested weapon movement and various sound mods, I've had my most intense Arma experiences during the past week. Awesome. Too bad my computer cannot handle Tanoa with Pilgrimage, but oh well.

Was there any thoughts on porting this to Duala? I could imagine it would be very immersive if paired with the Duala units, and perhaps the African factions for CUP.

Also, a question related to units.. Is it possible to somehow "narrow down" what factions will be used? For instance, if I play on Dingor and have CUP Units loaded among my mods, I will have Chernarussian rebels dressed for cold environments showing up which kind of breaks the immersion. Maybe this would be a next logical step to improve on Pilgrimage? To be able to select the main factions for red/blue/green/civ in a similar way as in the setup for Dynamic Recon Ops?

Anyhow, I mainly wanted to say thanks - Pilgrimage is excellent, and having it ported to other Islands is simply great. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tkullander said:

Was there any thoughts on porting this to Duala? I could imagine it would be very immersive if paired with the Duala units, and perhaps the African factions for CUP.

It should be possible to port it to Duala. I may have a go at it and see if I can get it right this time.

Also, a question related to units.. Is it possible to somehow "narrow down" what factions will be used? For instance, if I play on Dingor and have CUP Units loaded among my mods, I will have Chernarussian rebels dressed for cold environments showing up which kind of breaks the immersion.

The mission was originally created for use without mods although it will also use mods if they are loaded for a bit of variety. Excluding default factions can be done but I don't know how to do it as I am not a scripter myself. I just try to avoid having too many mods loaded and just load my selected mod. The selected mod then gets used quite a bit but you can still end up with Tanoans/Greeks running around barefoot in T shirts and shorts in a snowy Chernarus. I tend to avoid CUP units as a result.

17 hours ago, alky_lee said:

It should be possible to port it to Duala. I may have a go at it and see if I can get it right this time.

I certainly wouldn't complain about that! How complex is the porting? Since you mention you are no scripter, I presume it's mostly about putting markers / triggers in good geographical locations?

17 hours ago, alky_lee said:

The selected mod then gets used quite a bit but you can still end up with Tanoans/Greeks running around barefoot in T shirts and shorts in a snowy Chernarus. I tend to avoid CUP units as a result.

Yes, I just fought off a squad of winter soldiers on Lingor. My point is that other dynamic missions make it possible to select what factions should be used. For instance, maybe you wish to have only FIA to fight, or maybe both CSAT and FIA. In Dynamic Recon Ops, the mods are also listed, making it possible to select Lingor Rebels and Afrenian Army as OPFOR, for example. This functionality would make all the different ports shine the way they could. Unfortunately I'm no scripter either, but one can always hope.

6 hours ago, tkullander said:

I certainly wouldn't complain about that! How complex is the porting? Since you mention you are no scripter, I presume it's mostly about putting markers / triggers in good geographical locations?

The porting isn't too complex. The first part is adjusting triggers to the size of the map, finding stronghold and airfield positions, them starting positions and putting them in a file. I have done this already for Duala. The next part is a bit more tricky ... finding the holy places and possible checkpoint locations. Duala doesn't have many churches so I will have to be inventive and add some churches/chapels as I did with Australia. I have a script for finding checkpoint positions. Duala is smaller than Altis, so the intel area will need to be reduced that checks off churches so that large swathes of the map aren't checked off in one go. After that it just needs all references to Altis/Greece to be replaced. Military buildings may need to be added to military camps for realistic loot settings. After that, it should be good for testing.

My point is that other dynamic missions make it possible to select what factions should be used

The mission was written for Altis so other selections were unnecessary and factions from mods would be randomly selected automatically. It's only since we've started porting to a wide variety of maps that these anomalies occur.

Big fan of Pilgrimage and all of your guy's variation. I was wondering for fun if a Iron Front/Faces of War version would be possible as there already is an RHS version.

2 hours ago, wanderer95 said:

Big fan of Pilgrimage and all of your guy's variation. I was wondering for fun if a Iron Front/Faces of War version would be possible as there already is an RHS version.

I don't know how to do that myself but Pilgrimage is compatible with a lot addons. Your out of luck with me.

Hello, I've been trying to bring in the new tanks from the Tank DLC, but it's not liking it. 

To update the airfields/strongholds i thought I could edit the JRInit file and add "O_MBT_04_cannon_F" to the RYD_JR_Armored list e.g

RYD_JR_Armored = 
    [
    "O_APC_Tracked_02_cannon_F",
    "O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_F",
    "O_APC_Tracked_02_AA_F",
    "O_MBT_02_cannon_F"
    "O_MBT_04_cannon_F"
    ];

It's not liking it. Do I need to do anything else?

It looks like abandoned vehicles can spawn the new tanks.

There's lacking comma in the "O_MBT_02_cannon_F" line. 

3 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

There's lacking comma in the "O_MBT_02_cannon_F" line. 

Something as simple as that. Thank you!

On 4/13/2018 at 12:49 AM, alky_lee said:

Want to traverse the wide open spaces of Western Australia?

Yes please! :)

It was quite fun and then I hit a little snag. I am afraid my brother will stay in Australia forever.

There is this Supermax prison in middle-eastern part of the map. It has a church inside the walls. The body was there, by the church inside the walls too. I can't get the car close enough to the body for the option to move it appear (it may not even work through walls for all I know). I don't have that many explosives on me at this stage, but the Supermax walls resisted Alamut shots, as well as some gentle ramming from my Humvee. I don't even know what assets have been used for said walls and if they are even destructible at all. Normally I'd lift the body onto my shoulder and walk out of the prison, so I guess I'll consider that I have technically done everything correctly and drive back to the boat.

Not sure how to fix this though. Not flag this church as a possible body spawn target? Move the church? :)

9 hours ago, neofit said:

Not sure how to fix this though. Not flag this church as a possible body spawn target? Move the church? :)

There aren't actually many churches on the Australia map so I had to add most of them manually. I thought a prison chapel was a good idea, but admit that I didn't consider vehicle access.  I will resolve it one way or another.

EDIT: A plot of land was available in Willcania, so they have built a church there and the one in the prison is no longer required.

Edited by alky_lee

Pvt Partz has provided a port to the newly released terrain by @bludclouds which has been added to the first post.

Welcome to Vidda

And now for something a little different for you Pilgrimage fans. Vidda, or what has also been to referred to as, a place somewhere in Norway, is a unique challenge for Pilgrimage players. It is much more open with some areas being very hard to find cover, forcing players to really weigh your attack options, or more importantly, your escape options! Plus, as veteran Pilgrims, you should also realize that there are far fewer realistic places to have (churches) holy places. With that in mind I tried to be a bit creative and have made other situations (areas) to reflect a place of reverence. See spoiler below.

The author has stated that he will be updating often and without warning so I'll do my best to keep pace, if need be. Hope you enjoy it.

Vidda has provided me with my shortest ever Pilgrimage mission. It was bound to happen one day. Quickly found an abandoned vehicle. The body was at the first chapel. Drove back to the start. Complete in 10 mins 55 secs.

My tips for playing Vidda.

Turn hidden camps down to 75% at the start

Leave the quad bike at the start and walk instead.

Do not try and fire from behind rocks. The map is still in Alpha and the fire geometry of the rocks needs more work.

t4EDXFL.png

JNF5p2n.png

bSBr0rX.png

Ac06haB.png

Ruy8qC8.png

j9lQQvs.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scoop:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.17_-_09.00.37

AI is a sham! In every one of those self-driving cars, there is a little human who does the actual driving!

2 hours ago, neofit said:

Scoop:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.17_-_09.00.37

AI is a sham! In every one of those self-driving cars, there is a little human who does the actual driving!

No that's just hydraulic fluid from the power steering. (But have you noticed the wheels never actually steer?)

4 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

No that's just hydraulic fluid

Hydraulic fluid so red? Never!

Actually I think it's the Bloodlust mod going overboard a little :).

• Like 1

Question, or more like a request. We have blue markers above the heads of civilians who can help. We have a white one above the brother's corpse. Now I think there is one missing. When we liberate a warlord base, we then need to spend a LOT of time looking for the one recruitable NPC that we liberated. Can we have a marker above his head as well? Oftentimes it takes more time to find him than to liberate the stronghold. All I know is that, as Ryd said, he is in a 300m radius from the stronghold. But from which end of the runway? An when it is next to a city, I just move on and don't bother :).