Pilgrimage works on small maps like Stratis and large ones like Altis.

Nope, not letting you off the hook. :f:

I've been away from Arma for a few months, it looks like you guys were pretty busy porting! Good job!

23 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

What map you want?

How about the People's Democratic Republic of Taviana? :)

1 hour ago, neofit said:

I've been away from Arma for a few months, it looks like you guys were pretty busy porting! Good job!

How about the People's Democratic Republic of Taviana? :)

I'll check it out and getter dun.

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

I'll check it out and getter dun.

That'd be awesome. I ran it in the editor just to see, and ended up driving around the southern island for like 20 minutes, just reminiscing the good times I had in the Arma 2 Origins mod... This Arma3 version is a bit polluted with extra post-apoc stuff though, wrecks and corpses everywhere. Drove a couple of times over the length of The Bridge as well, did NOT get stuck in the middle, so it's already an improvement over the Arma 2 version ;).

• Thanks 1

Taviana

Beta 1 available

Needed:

Map

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180238650

CUP Terrains - Core

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=583496184

Keep your eyes to the sky !! :f:

Alky, please do ur thang. Thx.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4irMhnXznahULh-wQN6kKEtW4t

10 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Taviana

Beta 1 available

I've never been that lucky. Spawned on the southern island. The body was by the 5th church (in a small village that had 3 of them). I played with everything at 100 and Ambient Combat at Low and never managed to see a single enemy. (the revert is for when I got back to make that screenshot)

aaa.jpg

Edit: also, saw the little robot tank, it was no threat, it rolled on its side thanks to all the wrecks that litter this map :).

I've played through about 50% of this conversion and didn't find many enemy either. I was playing in debug mode so I could see where they were. But you are mostly right, few enemy but it is 12800 m square map. To get an idea of the amount of enemy, unpack the PBO in your documents, blah blah saved missions folder on C: drive. Inside the init.sqf change RYD_JR_Debug = false; to = true;. Play the scenario inside the editor with the two mods loaded in the launcher. Go into spectate mod and fly around the map using left mouse click to change locations or use camera mode. This method does show enemy.

As far as all the junk on the roads, they can be removed by Hide Terrain Object modules but a lot of them will cause stuttering while playing. I did add a few modules but didn't want to over do it. Too bad the author put them all down, same situation in the Chernarus Redux map. :down:

Thanks for testing. Hopefully you will play more and provide any bug reports.

I restarted on Taviana and had another first: there was no boat near me. It was a random location start, by the town of Ashpironsk  (Ашпиронск). Since all of the vehicles I have seen so far on this map are wrecks, I guess that unless there is a radio offer for a boat, and assuming I don't miss it, I guess I'm screwed?

I think I'll restart this Taviana map with AC at High. AFAIR on Altis this meant near constant fighting, sometimes without even enough time to loot the bodies of one group before the other appears. It may work better for Taviana. Also, I don't remember what the (L) is for in the Ambient Combat settings. As in (L)ocal, e.g. only a limited amount spawns in your vicinity until you move someplace, to alleviate the aforementioned infinite waves issue?

Well, that was fun, a complete 5.5 hours playthrough.

All those post-apoc wrecks are ... wrecking ahoc with the AI drivers. After a few hours it's like every other wreck has a new one attached, one of the TPW AI drivers. VCom AI doesn't seem to help much.

There may be a problem with the Ambient Combat. This time I started in the NW corner, the body was all the way across the map to the SE. During the whole trip I only saw two bugmen foot patrols, one roadblock, and one stronghold (not counting the stronghold by the spawn point that I didn't want to take on with my starter Glock). I never saw any kind of Ambient Combat, and this time I played on Medium.

Also, I never had a single offer to purchase a vehicle. This may be a big problem for people who do not play with TPWMods. And I only remember one single offer to purchase enemy activity information (so the radio bidding thingy IS working).

Other than this, awesome port of an awesome mission onto an awesome map :).

Thanks for playing.

Ryd made the map for Altis so maybe his code just doesn't like the map or vice versa. :shrug: I know when I ran his script to locate and count checkpoints I couldn't get any results back so I had to manually add about 30ish places. There might be something with the old map that doesn't locate Ryd's inventory correctly...?

It is what it is I guess.

I did add triggers to fire off heli's with paratroopers and rappel AI onto buildings and I think one patrol boat in a lake. Surprised you didn't come across any of them.

8 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

I did add triggers to fire off heli's with paratroopers and rappel AI onto buildings and I think one patrol boat in a lake. Surprised you didn't come across any of them.

I did a sweep of of the map from the NW corner to the SE, including the southern island, then north to the capital where I found the body. Now that you mentioned helis, I had one group paradropping right next to that church. I may have missed the others since I was driving quite fast, flat terrain allows one to see far.

26 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

?

I'm not sure what you are asking. I've done half the map in a pickup truck, the other in an Ifrit. On straight roads they do 130+ km/h, with wrecks every 50-100m to keep one focused on the road. There may have been 10 paradrops along the road and I wouldn't have noticed them, and by the time they reached the ground and got ready to shoot I'd be kilometers away.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:33 PM, SanginVet said:

Started with your pbo file, mine must of been corrupt somehow, it did get stuck on the "Pilgrimage" sign after loading the config in. I Cntrl , Alt Delete it and it unstuck it

@major-stiffy

There is indeed a problem with the Kerama Islands map mission. When you start or restart the mission, it does get stuck on the black screen with the "Pilgrimage" logo. For minutes. Nothing is happening, I can see the CPU in real-time on my G19's LCD. If I hit Esc I get the Escape menu with the beach I spawned on as background. When I Continue, I am back at the "Pilgrimage" logo. I have to "Save&Exit" then "Resume", then the game gives me a 1 second "Pilgrimage" logo and I can play. I did this to me twice, whether I wait 2 minutes at the logo or 10 seconds.

Can you give me the settings you used like %Loot, AC, garrison %, Arty, etc. and I'll check it out.

On 3/3/2018 at 12:58 PM, major-stiffy said:

Can you give me the settings you used like %Loot, AC, garrison %, Arty, etc. and I'll check it out.

I'm using the same on all the maps without a problem:

Arma3_x64_2018-03-05_00-03-43-58.jpg

19 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Taviana has been removed from Steam...dam it !

Ouch. Thanks for the heads up, I managed to save the @Workshop folder before the Workshop managed to do anything with it. Still my favourite map after Altis, wrecks and all.

Well, I can't do any more to it cause Steam removed it from my workshop folder...