On 07/08/2017 at 1:50 PM, OMAC said:

Sounds cool.  Such info would be good to add to first post so that people can quickly and easily determine what's new with ported mission versions.

I will try and add a bit of info for each one as and when I find out, but for some I haven't tried them yet so I don't know.

5 hours ago, OMAC said:

FYI: playing Pvt. Partz's last version of Cambodia port (not current one), I found one hideout and "smelled" smoke from another.  I may have found a checkpoint, but I'm not sure. All I know is that there was an Ifrit or Strider along a road in an open area that wasted me; I didn't get a good look at it.  So the placement code for hideouts and possibly checkpoints is at least partially working.  My hideouts were set at 75%.  The mission ended normally using an assault boat found on river in far NE of map over a km from my starting location.  Two such boats were ~50m from each other where the river passed through a town.

I love the Cambodia map, and Pilgrimage seems so right for it. I have found 1 camp but not seen any checkpoints, but I don't normally travel by road (I use the boats). Currently trying out Major Stiffy's version and trying to drive around the map for a change, so I may come across one.

Boats are definitely the way to go.  I'll try to do that next time.  Last time, I didn't even see a boat until the last 1/2 hour of the mission.  First half of mission was spent jogging thru the jungle on foot.  Second half was spent driving on the nasty 4wd roads.  

Spoiler

57d18b572564023.jpgHideout was just north of Coq d'Or.

5 hours ago, alky_lee said:

Currently trying out Major Stiffy's version and trying to drive around the map for a change, so I may come across one.

Well I was, but Arma have released a netcode hotfix tonight and changed the version of Arma from 1.72 to 1.74 so I can't load any saved missions. I'll have to start again.

Oh no!  :-(  Thank heavens I was between playthroughs....

Lythium map (by FFAAMOD)

The map replicates the tribal areas of Afghanistan, crossed by a large valley that runs over the map. You will find two main cities, aside from the villages or smaller towns, both oriented on north and south of the map with their respective airfields.

Ported by Pvt. Partz & Major Stiffy

60 churches.

Good FPS even with high view distances.

Well worth the play!

Requires JBAD buildings

Alky will update OP when he has a chance. Both SP & COOP beta.

44 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Lythium map (by FFAAMOD)

The map replicates the tribal areas of Afghanistan, crossed by a large valley that runs over the map. You will find two main cities, aside from the villages or smaller towns, both oriented on north and south of the map with their respective airfields.

Ported by Pvt. Partz & Major Stiffy

OP has been updated.

I tried this a couple of times. Good fun but there are long distances involved. 

cLAQ9rs.png

I'm playing major-stiffy's Tanoa port (194D4_SP) on Very Hard difficulty and Realistic loot settings (loot is mainly weapons + ammo and should only occur in military buildings).  The airport on SE island near Linjhaven is fully-manned with attack heli, AA tank, Marid, many troops, etc.  The town of Linjhaven is right next to that airport, and was apparently manned as a military base, or is garrisoned as if it was part of the airport.  There are about 20+ civilian buildings with loot in them, rooftop snipers, and a warlord in a civvy house (who I found purely by chance).  This is in addition to the loot in many mil buildings at airport.  Linjhaven was NOT a stronghold, as the two strongholds are elsewhere, marked on map.  The enemy manpower, warlord, and loot in Linjhaven seems odd. 

Since it's not a stronghold, why is it manned so heavily, and why so much loot in civvy buildings?

Good question. You are on realistic but at what % loot?

It's an airfield with heli, so it will be heavily manned.

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

I'm playing major-stiffy's Tanoa port (194D4_SP) on Very Hard difficulty and Realistic loot settings (loot is mainly weapons + ammo and should only occur in military buildings).  The airport on SE island near Linjhaven is fully-manned with attack heli, AA tank, Marid, many troops, etc.  The town of Linjhaven is right next to that airport, and was apparently manned as a military base, or is garrisoned as if it was part of the airport.  There are about 20+ civilian buildings with loot in them, rooftop snipers, and a warlord in a civvy house (who I found purely by chance).  This is in addition to the loot in many mil buildings at airport.  Linjhaven was NOT a stronghold, as the two strongholds are elsewhere, marked on map.  The enemy manpower, warlord, and loot in Linjhaven seems odd. 

Since it's not a stronghold, why is it manned so heavily, and why so much loot in civvy buildings?

22 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Good question. You are on realistic but at what % loot?

It's an airfield with heli, so it will be heavily manned.

IIRC when it was originally ported by Vafana, there weren't many military buildings to provide loot so the script was changed to include other buildings within the vicinity of occupied strongholds/airfields. Because Lijnhaven is close to the airfield, this means half the town.  It is the same at other locations on Tanoa, and the same on the Chernarus & Sahrani maps.

In Major Stiffy's version, he has added military buildings that normally produce loot on realistic settings, so the loot script could be changed back.

I don't think (?) I messed around with loot %.  I think it's default.  50%?  75%?

The warlord in the town must be the "airport" warlord?  :shrug:  He should be at the airport, not some random civvy house in the middle of the town!  I was lucky to find him at all.

IMO, I don't think that Vafana's change to put loot in non-military buildings is needed, or should be toned down at least to put loot in buildings in an area of smaller radius around strongholds/airfields.  Or, as you wrote, the number of added mil buildings/towers can be reduced.  There seem to be too many towers now.  Anything to increase FPS, which sucks for me on Tanoa compared to ALL other A3 terrains.

Edit:  After I spent a few hours clearing out a stronghold (marked as such on map), there was no warlord there, and no hostage.  There was a dangerous T-100, though.  So perhaps something is messed up with strongholds, in that its warlord ended up in Linjhaven instead??

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

The warlord in the town must be the "airport" warlord?  :shrug:  He should be at the airport, not some random civvy house in the middle of the town!  I was lucky to find him at all.

IMO, I don't think that Vafana's change to put loot in non-military buildings is needed, or should be toned down at least to put loot in buildings in an area of smaller radius around strongholds/airfields.  Or, as you wrote, the number of added mil buildings/towers can be reduced.  There seem to be too many towers now.  Anything to increase FPS, which sucks for me on Tanoa compared to ALL other A3 terrains.

Edit:  After I spent a few hours clearing out a stronghold (marked as such on map), there was no warlord there, and no hostage.  There was a dangerous T-100, though.  So perhaps something is messed up with strongholds, in that its warlord ended up in Linjhaven instead??

Warlords are sometimes quite cowardly and will hide themselves in civilian buildings.  Sometimes they are impossible to find. This could be because you just haven't looked in the right place, but it is possible that they were killed earlier and their bodies removed by the gravedigger script, unless you have ambient combat turned off.  CSAT often leave the captive in harms way. I have even killed them myself during the assault, despite trying to be extra careful.

Even on Altis I've had to leave a stronghold without finding the captive and/or the Officer.  Sometime the Officer is among the bodies littering the ground after the assault. I like to think that the captive managed to get away in the confusion.

I too struggle with FPS on Tanoa, so I was trying to re-work Major Stiffy's version to reduce the amount of added buildings and objects, but it requires more work doing on it and I've wandered onto the dev branch at the moment.

There were lots of places at the airport where he could have hidden, including at least 3 large guard towers, control tower, and many other buildings.  All much closer than the house in the town.  I don't know what's going on.

Major bummer is that after killing ~50 enemy, I have found no &**^&^&*#$ repair kit!  :-(   My lousy hatchback containing the body got stuck on a jungle track, and I can't repair a nearby Tempest that got shot up by a patrol after I captured it at airport, so I have to hike many km to get to another abandoned vehicle.  ARGH!  And then I ran into a 9-man enemy patrol!  Without a repair kit, Pilgrimage can become very frustrating.  And I have ~82,000+ ff but nowhere to spend it (could try a decoy, but...)  :goodnight:

No wonder you're on Dev...you can play new Orange mini-campaign!  I haven't tried it yet, will wait until stable release.

Edit:  I finally found (and wiped out) a CSAT Repair team in Lami.  At least two guys on the 4-man team had repair kits.  Only ones around.  But I wiped them out using a T-100 that I had captured near stronghold in railway depot near Regina by blowing its engine with an Alamut rocket.  Then I found a civvy in Regina who offered to repair my vehicles for a price, and that fixed the tank right up!  So everything is turning out well now.

A couple of points about the Cambodia Port.

I found the body in the ruins at 019980, but there was no way to get a vehicle near it. The only way to get it out would be to carry it to the vehicle.

The other point is about hidden camps. Around the edge of the map, there is a margin that is clear of trees and vegetation. I had a camp that was right on the very edge of the map. Perhaps hidden camps are attracted here.

9gOkBoC.png

I had the same problem with the Cambodia port.  Major-stiffy was looking for a solution.  The body should never be placed in a ruin, but say 30m outside of it.

I've been looking around and haven't found the answer yet so forgive me if it's been asked.

When running a CO-OP version of the mod, the prompt for adjusting the parameters never occurs. Whereabouts can these be changed/set?

*I'm an Idiot, i just found where to set things!*

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OMAC said:

I had the same problem with the Cambodia port.  Major-stiffy was looking for a solution.  The body should never be placed in a ruin, but say 30m outside of it.

Yup this is on my list to move the church save locations away from ruins. Going to be a busy few days for me so probably next week.

Or you could increase the distance between the body and vehicle at which the "Load body into vehicle" Action would appear for the body....

That's a good thought! Maybe we go with that.

I think it's somewhere in bodyhide.sqf

_id = _x addAction ["<t color='#d0a900'>Load body onto the boat</t>", "BodyBoat.sqf", [], 1, false, true, "", "((isPlayer _target) and (alive RYD_JR_vh) and (({alive _x} count RYD_JR_boats) > 0) and (({(RYD_JR_vh distance _x) < 30} count RYD_JR_boats) > 0) and not (has_body_boat) and ((player distance RYD_JR_vh) < 6))"];

Change the < 30 I think. Change to what...100 ?

I'm at work so I don't have access to my files but hopefully my question might be understandabl

In the Jr init file there is a list of items for the checkpoints called CP stuff. What is the string of numbers in reference to after each item in that short list?

Just now, pvt. partz said:

I'm at work so I don't have access to my files but hopefully my question might be understandabl

In the Jr init file there is a list of items for the checkpoints called CP stuff. What is the string of numbers in reference to after each item in that short list?

I would post this over HERE. I don't think Ryd follows this thread but I might be wrong.

4 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

That's a good thought! Maybe we go with that.

_id = _x addAction ["<t color='#d0a900'>Load body onto the boat</t>", "BodyBoat.sqf", [], 1, false, true, "", "((isPlayer _target) and (alive RYD_JR_vh) and (({alive _x} count RYD_JR_boats) > 0) and (({(RYD_JR_vh distance _x) < 30} count RYD_JR_boats) > 0) and not (has_body_boat) and ((player distance RYD_JR_vh) < 6))"];

Change the < 30 I think. Change to what...100 ?

You could increase the distance between body and boat, but shouldn't you change the distance between body and car?  The action you listed looks like the wrong one...

I would change body-car max distance to 100-150m, possibly even 200m given the large size of some of those ruins.

I don't think Ryd follows this thread

Sometimes, if time allows. 

Yeah, but a bit lower, line 25 I believe. Distance is set to 20 meters by default. 

Each entry is for one of the checkpoint's objects to spawn. Example:

[[["I_MRAP_03_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_MRAP_03_gmg_F"],["O_MRAP_02_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F"]], [-14.748,2.90918,-0.750061], -4.99078]

First element: [["I_MRAP_03_F","I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","I_MRAP_03_gmg_F"],["O_MRAP_02_F","O_MRAP_02_hmg_F","O_MRAP_02_gmg_F"]]

An array of two arrays. Which is used, depends on CP side. Class of the spawned object is selected by random from this sub-array proper for given side, so in this example for both sides there's equal chance for spawning armoured car in one of the versions: unarmed, with HMG or with GMG. For neutral objects this is simplier, and same is used regardless of side (a toilet for example). 

Second element: [-14.748,2.90918,-0.750061] 

These are position coordinates, relative to the center object, which is camo net, I believe. In this example armored car will be spawned 14.75 meters left and 2.9 meters ahead of the camo net's center. 

Third element: -4.99078

This is an angle relative to the center object's direction. So the car will be turned around 5 degrees left (counter clockwise) comparing to the camo net direction. 

In short, this is kind of "objects composition" config. Statics with crew and sandbags not included here though, as these are positioned at and along the roads, not in relation to the center object. 

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

You could increase the distance between body and boat, but shouldn't you change the distance between body and car?  The action you listed looks like the wrong one...

I would change body-car max distance to 100-150m, possibly even 200m given the large size of some of those ruins.

In Cambodia's case in would be boat.

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Yeah, but a bit lower, line 25 I believe. Distance is set to 20 meters by default. 

Thank you sir.

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

possibly even 200m given the large size of some of those ruins.

I'll  set it at 150 for now.