Can one of the Devs enlight me?

What is the point of body armour when i get one shoot (in the chest) all the time from every single weapon in the game except from tier 1's and lmg's?

4 hours ago, Hand_Solo said:

What is the point of body armour when i get one shoot (in the chest) all the time from every single weapon in the game except from tier 1's and lmg's?

You can survive from a DMR IV with a armor 1. Tested and approved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

You can survive from a DMR IV with a armor 1. Tested and approved.

Then explain to me how I got 1 shoot by a Spar16,Mx,Mxm and CMR in the chest? Either the armour is broken or the weapon damage is just a random bullshit

How do you know for sure you're shot in the chest and not e.g. in the head?

I have a lv1 vest, was sceptic at the start, but now I must say it does the job.
Sometimes I receive a rain of bullets, screen gets blurry and red by some hits I took..but most important I survived!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, somniosus said:

Are you joking?

4 hours ago, somniosus said:

err if its a headshot it displays the headshot symbol in the kill feed 

• Like 2

Why so salty about people reacting to you topic? 

Since Argo is based on Arma 3, I can tell the that the Armor is doing it's job quite well (at least in Arma), I never had any problems like the ones you discribed. 

What you could do is, get some friends together and join an empty Server and test it. If there is something not working correctly, make a video and post it in the feedback tracker as bug report or something else.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, -DL- Shane-uk said:

err if its a headshot it displays the headshot symbol in the kill feed 

Thx, wasn't even aware of that. Doesn't matter, dead is dead.

Well, basically, let's talk a clean shot to the body (= chest, stomach). A target with no protective vest shall be killed with 7.62×51 bullets (ABR, EMR, Mk14, SPAR-17, Zafir) and stronger. With Tier 1 vest, a shot from .338/9.3mm caliber (Navid, Cyrus) and stronger is needed. A target with Tier 2 vest shall survive one shot to the body from every Argo weapon but Type 115 .50 muzzle. Damage also depends on distance, but under most common circumstances, the results shall be adequately consistent.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hand_Solo said:

noob...;)

1 minute ago, PuFu said:

noob...;)

At least someone knows the truth :)

15 minutes ago, Locklear said:

Well, basically, let's talk a clean shot to the body (= chest, stomach). A target with no protective vest shall be killed with 7.62×51 bullets (ABR, EMR, Mk14, SPAR-17, Zafir) and stronger. With Tier 1 vest, a shot from .338/9.3mm caliber (Navid, Cyrus) and stronger is needed. A target with Tier 2 vest shall survive one shot to the body from every Argo weapon but Type 115 .50 muzzle. Damage also depends on distance, but under most common circumstances, the results shall be adequately consistent.

Is the torso( chest) a different module from the arms and legs or is just one single module? If they are different and a random shoot hits between torso and arm will the game say that the torso has been damaged,the arm or damage both modules at the same time?

3 minutes ago, Hand_Solo said:

Is the torso( chest) a different module from the arms and legs or is just one single module?

Hitzones are: the head, arms, legs and body.
Whatever shape the vests have, it will only protect the whole body part and only it.

3 minutes ago, Hand_Solo said:

If they are different and a random shoot hits between torso and arm will the game say that the torso has been damaged,the arm or damage both modules at the same time?

If the bullet hit 2 zones... it should divide the damage through those 2 zones.

And if I understood well what a dev already wrote in Discord,
It takes a damage value over 1 to kill a target.
However, the target can die even when total damage is less than 1, because of body or head damage.

19 minutes ago, Hand_Solo said:

Is the torso( chest) a different module from the arms and legs or is just one single module? If they are different and a random shoot hits between torso and arm will the game say that the torso has been damaged,the arm or damage both modules at the same time?

Argo uses a simplified version of the Arma 3 Hitbox system, which basically consist of spheres that are all around your body in combination with a Fire Geometry as seen in these images:

NexusHitReactions.jpg

400px-A3hit.jpg

e.g Hitting overlapping zones can cause more damage, just strafing a hitpoint will do less....

You can read more about that here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Damage_Description

• Like 2

So the problem is either the armour not working properly or the hit detection is way off

1 minute ago, Hand_Solo said:

So the problem is either the armour not working properly or the hit detection is way off

It's working fine. I'm using the armor since 2 weeks and I saw the gap between no armor and armor. I'm sorry to say that but it's true, it's only you. It's not the game =/

6 hours ago, Hand_Solo said:

Its more likely to be lag/desync that was causing the issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Its more likely to be lag/desync that was causing the issue.

Whatever it is, is happening to often and is annoying especially when you have a limited amount of skill points that you can use and spend 6 on a body armour that you hope it will make a difference in a game and then you realise that with or without it is the same thing,it really puts you off.

After 'unlocking' AR1 and the corresponding sights (only 2 skill points needed for that), I spared 6 XP for the vest!
...with as a result that I'm still stuck with that SPAR-16 while others with a lower level than me already obtained a DMR etc.
But after hours of testing, I think such protection vest is definitely the right choice.

It also depends on your style of playing, if you rush your opponents using a LMG --> 'buy' a vest
If you use a more stealthy approach, from behind cover etc, mostly only your head is visible, which makes such vest less important.

• Like 1