pantherapardus

Koth Official server down-

Majority servers focus only on infantry. I enjoyed the [Official] Bohemia King of the hill. All out Arma vehicles, All out chaos. What happened to those servers? Give us at least 1 server thats not infantry only, All vehicles, HC and maybe no AA missiles on jets. If I wanted to play Call of Duty I would have bought Call of duty. 

• Like 2

Strongly agree we just need #1 and #2 back, others can go especially #5 and #6 with Tanoa they were permanently empty. I think infantry should come back as well, i enjoy being a hummi pilot in 1st person and playing pvp in 3rd person is just unfair for everyone. Your servers showed me how beautiful and immersive Arma 3 really is in 1st person. Dont make them dissapear </3

We need the official servers back Eu 1 and 3 being two of them. Why would you take them down if they are populated all the time. There are now no HC inf servers with people in them. It would be nice for once for  you to respond to the concerns of the people who have paid for this game. Or at least reinstate the official servers.

• Like 1

BI did not make the King of the Hill mod. The mod is made by Sa-Matra.

There are official communities running KotH servers. Not BI official, but they work with Sa-Matra.

These are CodeFourGaming, Hostile Takeover, Revolt, EPM and MGT. They all have servers. First person only. Third person. With vehicles. Without vehicles. Hosted in the US, EU, RU, AUS and so on.

Examples:
CodeFourGaming - King Of The Hill Infantry EU #2 - HC 188.165.240.170:2502 This is HC infantry
HT KotH EU #1 - HC 24/7 Day 5.196.33.254:2302 This is HC with vehicles

More servers:
http://codefourgaming.com/servers 

http://hostiletakeover.co/arma-3-servers/ (very outdated sadly)

Just look for the names of the official communities like "CodeFourGaming" or "Hostile Takeover" or just King of the Hill in the server browser. It is not that hard.

• Like 1

Hostile Takeover, EPM and MGT have stupid (or kids) admins and rules. NO, THANKS!

eu#2 and eu#4 best servers in the world for KOTH. well, R.I.P.

Edited by pagocmb

You realize, that the official KotH servers had a combination from EPM, C4G and some other people as admins, right?  

Maybe, if you have a problem with all admins, you are the problem. ;)

I only play HC infantry and as far as I've seen no one is on  the c4g server. In fact all empty so far. Should be some bi servers as an option, always populated. How many resources can that divert for a company really. Bring back the officials..

• Like 1

Why did they shut down the servers?

I know people play for different reasons. For me it was 50% KOTH official servers. 

Loved that it was HC infantry only. I'v tried playing the other servers online but none compare. Either they have to low server population, "wrong" server/difficulty settings or they have that anoying 10 vip slots that give you an error message when trying to join. 

Please reinstate the OFFICIAL KOTH server.

Best multiplayer experience I have had in arma save for a few organised milsim games.  

I played several times a week with friends.  Bringing people together in arma.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shambler said:

Why did they shut down the servers?

I know people play for different reasons. For me it was 50% KOTH official servers. 

Loved that it was HC infantry only. I'v tried playing the other servers online but none compare. Either they have to low server population, "wrong" server/difficulty settings or they have that anoying 10 vip slots that give you an error message when trying to join. 

Please reinstate the OFFICIAL KOTH server.

Best multiplayer experience I have had in arma save for a few organised milsim games.  

I played several times a week with friends.  Bringing people together in arma.

couldnt agree more

please bring the servers back, no other servers compare. (wtf is even third person, honestly)

On 8/1/2017 at 5:26 PM, pagocmb said:

Hostile Takeover, EPM and MGT have stupid (or kids) admins and rules. NO, THANKS!

eu#2 and eu#4 best servers in the world for KOTH. well, R.I.P.

Regarding MGT, the average age of our admins is 35, youngest being 26, oldest in their 50's, so far from kids!

• Like 1

Hi all.  Having serious EU Server #1 withdrawals (my player name if Pavlos and I recognize Crazyhourse given the hundreds of hours I've played on the server).  I find myself playing Battle Royale to try and get some kind of ARMA fix but even then few servers in that mode are HC and it's hard to get in any HC servers that are good now.  

That said I emailed BI and got this response today:

Hello,

there are no official KOTH servers.

We do not provide support for 3rd party missions, please contact the mission
developer.

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,

Jiri Kunt
Bohemia Interactive

I responded with a fairly lengthy email:

Sorry for the mix up, but are your certain about this?

The server name contained the text "hosted by Bohemia Interactive" 

Specifically :
[ OFFICIAL ] Arma 3 KOTH hosted by Bohemia Interactive (EU) #01
[ OFFICIAL ] Arma 3 KOTH hosted by Bohemia Interactive (EU) #02

They are also listed on the official server status site, albeit for unofficial content but they're also not the only such server listing (Scroll to the very bottom):

When searched for via the "official" server filter in game with "official" ticked (a checkbox in server filter not text) they showed up until last week.  IMHO that says something to the fact that they were official servers at some level and if they weren't then considering all this confusion and "hosted by Bohemia Interactive" misinformation some additional information would be appreciated per who I could contact about these specific servers. 

Server stats form the infantry server EU 1:

When you say the developer do you mean Sa-Matra?  Can you provide an email?  

ItsEdInYourBed is one administrator I know of but I don't know his steamid offhand to contact him.  Can you provide that as I have no way of converting a player name to steamid? 

I'm one of hundreds who play on  this server trying to figure out what's going on.  They are some of the most popular due to them  being 1st person "hardcore" and well administered.  Other so called official servers barely get the traffic EU 1 was getting (maxed out every day almost 24 hours a day). 

Here is a topic on the matter:

Please note the comments in this section  specifically from the players  who play on this server and why they enjoy playing on this server.  They Echo what I have been telling you . 

I see where one person says there are no official servers but that commenter has just two previous posts. Another person who commented said they were run by a selection of admins from other servers but still refers to them as the official servers. which adds to the confusion considering these were again designated as official and hosted by Bohemia interactive servers.  In the end I can accept that they may not be official servers but considering all this having somebody from Bohemia Interactive actually comment on the matter and potentially post to players where they need to focus their inquiries would be extremely helpful.

All we want is EU1 back; it is dearly missed.
  Without these excellent servers I'm likely to not bother with the ARMA KOTH let alone the online community.  In the 14 years I've been a fan of the series going back to OP and the OP expansions this server has consistently provided the best online experience I've had across any game (ARMA, Team Fortress, PUBG, you name it).  Up to now I stuck to the single player and or dreamed of being admitted into ShackTac.  That said I found the skill of the players I played with on this server to be top notch.  Since finding this server I've literally put hundreds of hours into it and made many friends/comrades across the globe in the process.

Many other servers have been depleted of non-griefing players as people jump to PUBG (Player Unknown Battlegrounds). While there are some remaining many are pay for a guaranteed slot or not as good a setup (3rd person + see all enemies on map, or bad griefing and/or small player counts). The thing about these server (specifically EU 1) was it almost always had full capacity of talented players.  

I want to conclude by saying I know this is a long email but I want you to understand how passionate the people that play on this server are about the game and the EU #1 server community. You can see that in the comments on the linked forum thread.  I personally have not commented on in this thread yet but I will probably do so with information that you've provided so any additional information you can provide would be very useful. Again if there's anybody else's Bohemian Interactive that might provide more insight please forward them my email and/or put them in touch with me.
cleardot.gif

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 5:48 AM, Exalos said:

(my player name if Pavlos and I recognize Crazyhourse given the hundreds of hours I've played on the server). 

Hey Pavlos. I recognise your nick and Crazyhorse aswell. Atleast it's nice to know i'm not the only one suffering withdrawls.  
//(Sgt stone)

Additional correspondence with Jiri from BI:

Hello,

those servers have been disabled, there are currently no plans for launching
them again.

My response:

Jiri, this is very bad news indeed.  There are so many other "official" servers that sit idle/empty all day I can't imagine why this one was shuttered given it was so popular.  

If possible do you have an email address or addresses so I can also try to make the argument for this server to them directly?

If you can't get an email can you speak to those who make this decision and see if they'll consider reversing the decision for at least the EU #01 (possibly #03) server given the very strong/passionate community on said server?  Please point them to my email which shows how popular the server was (server traffic) as well as the thread.

If you do this I would be very appreciative/grateful.

Thanks,

Pavlos

Jiri's final message:

Hello,

I have already forwarded you suggestion.

There is not much I can do about this problem at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding.

I hope something comes of this.  In the meantime I'm trying to track down the user "ItsEdInYouBed"  He was a server admin who helped out on a few occasions with griefers.  I thought I had his contact info on Steam based on one interaction but it's possible he closed his account or changes his name as I can't find him now.  He was based out of LA.  If I can track him down I'll try on that front.

That said where is everyone playing?  Has anyone found a decent HC Altis/Malden server?

I'm about to head to Greece for a month so I'll be offline for the most part.  Hopefully there will be progress by the time I get back.  I know while there I will no doubt get ARMA flashbacks from the scenery (granted not going to Limnos but the island of Tinos and Santorini).

Cheers

I was finally able to find the Admin's Steam account (he had a slightly tweaked phonetic spelling that I don't think matched his player name in game which is why it wasn't popping up).  I ended up finding him by googling some details I recalled from late April when he dealt with some griefers on the server for us.  Hopefully I'll hear back.

Hello Everybody,

Former Bohemia Interactive KOTH admin here.
On 08/01/2017 one of the high ranking admins posted this message in the WS/KOTH Discord.

RoidRage_C4G-08/01/2017

@everyone Dear KoTH players,

As of yesterday, many of you noticed and asked what's happened to the Bohemia Interactive hosted KOTH servers.

The KOTH servers were initially being hosted in order to help test and locate multiplayer bugs. After that the servers started taking off and did quite well. This was fortunate and unfortunate at the same time. While it was an honour to be hosted by Bohemia Interactive, it hurt the player numbers for the other official communities.

This was a big downside for us, we were burdened with doing all the Admin work (Ban, Kicks, Appeals, Profile restores) All done by Admins from other communities along with a couple independent ones. Due to that we were impacting upon our own numbers, doing extra work but at the same time hurting our own respective communities.

We still love you guys and understand certain aspects of the official servers (HC Servers) will be missed. Have no fear we have already replaced those servers with servers from different communities.

HostileTakeover.co - King Of The Hill - EU #1 - HC 24/7 Day : 5.196.33.254:2302

CodeFourGaming - King Of The Hill Infantry EU #2 - HC : 188.165.240.170:2502

On 5.8.2017 at 9:58 PM, shambler said:

Loved that it was HC infantry only. I'v tried playing the other servers online but none compare. [1]Either they have to low server population, [2]"wrong" server/difficulty settings or [3]they have that anoying 10 vip slots that give you an error message when trying to join.

1. Low population should be an easy fix, when SO many people here want to play on them.

2. Settings are different, there is a server with the "right" settings for you, I am sure.

3. Servers need to be paid for, if you don't want to help out, then play on servers you mentioned at 1, until they fill up or find a server that does not have that restriction (yes, those do exist).

Take it how you want, the servers were closed by the admin team because they were too popular and they had to dedicate a team to watch them for basically free. Add in the constant hackers and the lack of moderation tools or logs...

Players = donations = server upkeep.

Bohemia Hosted servers = no "community" = no donations.

Source: Discord, Battlemetrics, Gametracker.

Hello,

we are sorry for the inconvenience, but this information is currently not
available for public. You will be able to read about this issue on our official
channels when or if we decide to share it. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Dominik Flandera
Bohemia Interactive

After I got this replay from Bohemia Interactive I have no intention to resume playing ARMA 3, (as those few servers were only ones with acceptable lag&settings for me) if anyone want my copy of arma 3+ all dlc's please pm me. 

3 hours ago, Axus909 said:

After I got this replay from Bohemia Interactive I have no intention to resume playing ARMA 3, (as those few servers were only ones with acceptable lag&settings for me) if anyone want my copy of arma 3+ all dlc's please pm me. 

Don't forget, koth is only a small part of arma. The game goes far beyond it.