Sign in to follow this  
Khazul66

Control sensitivity - per vehicle type?

Does anyone else wish the control sensitivity and dead zone settings could be applied per vehicle type (plane/helo/vtol/land/sea etc) and per flight model (strandard/advanced for helos).

I just find that when I have the settings good for one vehicle type, then are often awful for another - particularly throttle control during hover between helos and vtols.

While on subject of controls, I wish the vector control was independent of flaps on VTOLs rather then having a vector control on/off toggle.

I'm using a Saitek X52 pro HOTAS that I modded to remove the throttle bumps. (Just in case anyone thinks that makes a difference).

• Like 2

Agreed, Since the many improvements and updates to the flight models in the game there has been little done to the control context menu and ui.  Basically an all or nothing approach including sensitivity and deadzones.  

Try using mode selection for your X52 with the supplied software.  Not sure how reliable since madcatz is gone.  Ill look up some good 3rd party stuff I have used in the past as I travel a ton for work and sometimes use gamepads on the road / HOTAS at home.

Shrike

111 SOG

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

For sure but I would also like to sneak one in if I may. In game options there is an option called vehicle freelook that is somewhat useless in it's current state but would be super useful if separated for different vehicle classes. For example, I would love to have it on for cars but off for helicopters since I need the mouse to fly but not to drive.

• Like 1