cgibson2

Arma freezes and nothing

On 8/21/2017 at 0:26 AM, lex__1 said:
  • Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.

Went to do that and the analyzer said it did not need defragmented.... 

On 8/21/2017 at 0:26 AM, lex__1 said:
  • Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.

Yes did it and same... it didn't change anything... I did it again just on Saturday

1.Try the following:
- download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
- by means of DDU remove all drivers on the video card
- download and install the last drivers and the software on GTX

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

2.Try the following:
- start arma3launcher
- Change the settings, according to your PC.

lcX3s06.jpg

8 hours ago, lex__1 said:

1.Try the following:

2.Try the following:
- start arma3launcher

lcX3s06.jpg

Was having the same problem. This seems to have fixed it.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:36 AM, lex__1 said:

1.Try the following:

2.Try the following:
- start arma3launcher

lcX3s06.jpg

I will try. I see the game updated so will check it out in next few days... thank you and will let you know if it works... sorry for taking so long. Thank you.

• Like 1

Now... when we play.. only on LAN, cannot do an internet game with port fowarding (i dont have to do anything to my router, usually the game did all it had to do).. when Alex gets shot at though, his game freezes and all he can do it Ctl Alt Del out of the game.. could that be video thing where he needs to update video card (and do the DDU thing as well, which I still have not done). Downloaded it tonight and had the updated 1.76 version and it all seemed to work, except for what was going on with Alex... not sure on that... we can talkk just fine using discord, game loads a lot better and faster than it ever did. 

Thanks!!

Someone mentioned getting an SSD and that should fix the shooting problem but it just started and these computers we bought just this Feb 2017. Have had the game for over a year and this is the first time this has happened with the shooting.

SSD will make the game smoother when moving fast. ie in Heli or Jet.  (streams terrain and texture data faster)

In ArmaLauncher:

Tick 'Extra threads' and all inside

Tick 'No Logs'

Tick 'World' type 'empty' (game will load faster)

Do not tick 'CPU Count'

Do not tick 'System memory limit'

Do not tick 'Video memory limit'

Do not tick 'Memory allocator'

Then...

Make a new player profile.

You will not loose anything with your current settings but will make a new profile with all settings reset and auto detected.

(You can manually copy keyboard shortcuts from your old profile afterwards)

On 9/26/2017 at 5:33 AM, EDcase said:

SSD will make the game smoother when moving fast. ie in Heli or Jet.  (streams terrain and texture data faster)

In ArmaLauncher:

Tick 'Extra threads' and all inside

Tick 'No Logs'

Tick 'World' type 'empty' (game will load faster)

Do not tick 'CPU Count'

Do not tick 'System memory limit'

Do not tick 'Video memory limit'

Do not tick 'Memory allocator'

Then...

Make a new player profile.

You will not loose anything with your current settings but will make a new profile with all settings reset and auto detected.

(You can manually copy keyboard shortcuts from your old profile afterwards)

I did those and it made the graphics all messed up and trees were upside down and blocked..when they would get shot at, the game would freeze.. not just freeze for a few seconds, but completely shut out freeze... where they had to ctl alt del out of the game... I did all those and then instead of unchecking, he just deleted the game and we restored the computer... he was pretty upset that the game quiet playing... I am honestly at a loss... this is why though I created this thread... I was tired of trying to look up solutions when I couldn't find any... 

Oh... when it didn't freeze.. Alex was only able to play for like 10 min at a time... and then the game cannot set up for an internet game... it freezes there too during the port fowarding message... can only play on LAN.. haven't been able to have an internet game since the 64bit update... only LAN

I am grateful though for all the help from everyone... 

Edited by cgibson2

Still having freezing problem when he gets shot at... was running fine until that.. well except for the 4 restarts of the computer to finally get the game to take.. just factory restored 2 days ago and the only things installed are steam, chrome, arma 3, arma 2 and oa, winrar, thehunter:cotw, (had major issues with that game, but that is not for here)... pbo manager and onedrive... that is it I believe... and arma 3 tools.. no idea... 

IT WORKS!!!!!!!! :hyper::icon_dj:

Oh my gosh!!! There was the 1.76 update and it still froze... took one of those parameters, Extra Threads and checked, nothing else though is checked and we have played for two days!!! We have not been able to play since the 64bit update... THANK YOU!! Thank you to everyone who came here and helped out... so much appreciation here... THank you again!!!!   Oh, when he wasn't able to shoot.. it was from a mod conflict with some pose mod... he disabled that and had no issues with freezing on shooting.

• Like 1