Sign in to follow this  
_angus_

How do I identify the DLC that I've accidentally used?

Hi guys,

I've just come back to my humble level of editing after some time away, and although the mission I've been working on is coming along nicely, I have hit a problem.

I seem to have inadvertently used some DLC content, because now when I try to test the mission I am getting a 'nag requester' appearing initially on the right side of the screen. It shows Shift P and a Fighter aircraft. The thing is there aren't supposed to be any fighter aircraft in the mission, I had a parked helicopter, but I've removed that and the requester is still there.

I'm completely cool with Bohemia charging for DLC or for whatever they want, but I'm just confused because I didn't mean to use any and I don't know how to identify what content I have used and how I can remove it.

Can anybody help?

This is on Malden by the way, in case that makes a difference - thanks.

check your mission.sqm file and look for the listings of mods/dlc's that the mission is calling. Handy for rooting out mods you've accidentally loaded while editing missions.

Gav

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, _angus_ said:

I don't know how to identify what content I have used and how I can remove it.

Select 'Show Required Addons' on the drop-down Scenario menu in Eden editor

I hope this helps

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nikander said:

Select 'Show Required Addons' on the drop-down Scenario menu in Eden editor

I hope this helps

Thanks guys. I looked at the required addons list and I seemed to have about a dozen occurencies. It wasn't clear to me what exactly was being referred to so I gradually deleted things checking this list as I did so.

So am I right in thinking that the set task and set task state modules I've been using are DLC/premium content?   :-/

Because it wasn't until I'd deleted all of them that the list was cleared.

As I say I think its fine for Bohemia to charge for whatever they want, but I think it should be transparent so that the user is absolutely clear on whether he's using content he must pay for or not. Maybe its me, but I don't think this is the case currently.

12 minutes ago, _angus_ said:

he must pay

No such thing. You always have a choice to purchase it or not. When you use assets that are not free you get limited functionality on those assets.

12 minutes ago, _angus_ said:

it should be transparent

And it is, DLC items have an icon on the right on the list when you select them, so that it is absolutely clear. 

I'm still confused.

A lot of the items I used in my mission didn't show any icon or Premium content warning (assault boats, frogmen, set task modules etc) but removing them was the only way to clear the Required Add-on list in the Scenario menu.

Which effectively removed my mission.  

I appreciate the help, but I think I'm still missing some key information.

18 minutes ago, _angus_ said:

assault boats, frogmen, set task modules etc)

Those are vanilla assets, why would they give you content warning? Have you got a repro, showing that adding any of those assets produces content warning?

5 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Those are vanilla assets, why would they give you content warning? Have you got a repro, showing that adding any of those assets produces content warning?

Well, when I sequentially removed these items from the mission, corresponding entries in the Required Add-on list also disappeared, so I didn't really know what to think.

Have I understood correctly, anyrhing appearing in the Required Add-on list needs to be paid for or it will generate the Left Shift P requester?

5 minutes ago, _angus_ said:

anyrhing appearing in the Required Add-on list needs to be paid for

No! Only premium DLC content needs to be paid for. All vanilla assets are free!

KOthftv.jpg

• Like 2

Okay, what you say makes perfect sense - it seems I have misunderstood Nikander's post.

I have been through the assets in my mission and stripped out everything that shows an icon, but I'm still getting the requester. Can you advise me on how to remove the offending asset(s), or once I have loaded them into the scenario, does it remember, even if I delete them?

Are you playing with me? @Nikander already told you where to check what Addons are required by the mission. Icons for DLC also shown in the left side list for placed assets. Once you remove all non-vanilla assets the listed addons (pointed by @Nikander) should also get updated. You can click on addon and it will take you to the addon page where you will know if addon is premium or not. Sorry, I am not going to waste more of my time on this.

11 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

I am not going to waste more of my time on this.

That might be best, as you're clearly not bothering to read what I'm writing. Nice attitude by the way.

Hi guys,

I started from scratch and rewrote the mission. I'm not sure but I think what I did was accidentally set a sound effect in one of my triggers that was premium content. So what I was seeing in the Required Assets List was confusing to say the least. I hadn't appreciated how this worked until now, so I'll just need to be more careful.

Thanks for the help.  :)