Mrfluffythe3rd

[Solved] Two dedicated server problems

I have a buddy who runs servers and is currently running a virtual server for me on Arma 3.

My current problems are as follows:

- The server refuses to show up in the A3 browser if persistent is turned off

- The Arma 3 Lobby timeout is nonexistent, and is not a server.cfg setting. Meaning I can't change server parameters and start mission with everyone all at once.

Some things to note:

- The server is modless

- Nothing special is running on the server as it is a clean install, not even custom missions

- Any more info can be provided as requested

1) Does this occur for any mission you try and you have tried many including B.I missions. (Ruling out a mission editing issue) ?

2) Does the same issue occur if you launch the server through a desktop shortcut (Ruling out a TC admin issue) 

If the answer to both of those is yes, then you are probably looking at a vitualisation  issue.

A clean, newly  created & complete .rpt file would also be useful. (Logged up to the point where someone connects if possible.)

3 hours ago, terox said:

1) Does this occur for any mission you try and you have tried many including B.I missions. (Ruling out a mission editing issue) ?

2) Does the same issue occur if you launch the server through a desktop shortcut (Ruling out a TC admin issue) 

If the answer to both of those is yes, then you are probably looking at a vitualisation  issue.

A clean, newly  created & complete .rpt file would also be useful. (Logged up to the point where someone connects if possible.)

We ended up launching outside of TCAdmin, and found a problem code arise involving autoinit.

After disabling Persistent and Autoinit the server now launched fine with a lobby timeout.

Thanks for the response.

• Like 2