Caluu66x

Editing a mission end

Hey there, im making a mission in the eden editor and i need help please.

if this is the wrong thread or forum please let me know.

What i wish to do is end my mission by getting in to a specific boat, i want a saying to pop on screen when entering the boat and fade to black with the mission complete.
i want my ending to say "You survived...for now."

ive tried triggers and ending modules and cant figure it out, please help me :D

please keep in mind, i have ZERO script experience so if its a script required thing, if you could, please explain in full detail and i mean FULL detail, dont just post all the script info cause idk wht to do with that, i know how to make a init.sqf tho and a description.sqf thats about it!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :D

is this wht i want? for my description.ext?

class CfgDebriefing
{  
    class End1
    {
        title = "You survived... for now.";
        subtitle = "";
        description = "";
        pictureBackground = "";
        picture = "b_inf";
        pictureColor[] = {0.0,0.3,0.6,1};
    };
};

Yes, put that bit in your description.ext file. As for how to use it in the editor, whatever trigger you're using to end the mission, in the On Activation field put

["End1"] call BIS_fnc_endMission;

If you want to control additional parameters of that, look at the biki page for the function as you can control things like the fade out style, whether music is played or not, etc.

• Like 1

ok, how would i make it, so tht when i enter a boat it would end the mission? do i sync it to the boat?

If it's a single player mission, give your boat a variable name like myBoat and in the Condition field of the trigger put

player in myBoat;

Now the trigger will activate when the player gets in the boat.

• Like 1

ok, do i need to change anything in the "type" activation" or "activation type" of the trigger drop down menu?

1 minute ago, Mynock said:

If it's a single player mission, give your boat a variable name like myBoat and in the Condition field of the trigger put

player in myBoat;

Now the trigger will activate when the player gets in the boat.

holy crap it worked! thnks! now im gonna fiddle with it to get a cool picture as the background or whtever! THANKS!

No.

I'd recommend looking up tutorials on youtube. There are a lot of them that show you how to do many things in the editor, and while some videos are older and use the 2D editor, anything scripting related is still going to be viable 99% of the time. You will learn a lot from them.

• Like 1