Sign in to follow this  
big lenbo

Establishment Of The Islamic State

A CALIPHATE IN ARMA 3 IS NOW DECLARED
A project of creating an accurate faction as a replica of the Islamic State has now officially started.
A form declaring the Caliphate has been posted on our site, which is still a WIP.
STATEMENT:https://aufangz.wixsite.com/ismilsim/single-post/2017/07/26/A-must-read-statement
We will work on replicating IS's daily reports, combat propaganda videos, posters, and infographics.
We now call upon people interested in joining, and those who have noticed the lack of an actual terrorist faction oponnent in the videos of American and Western
Milsim groups, and their combat videos, that are 99,9% against AI. Join requirements for those who are interested will soon be listed on the site.
We suggest contacting us by replying to this thread if interested, leave your questions here as well. 
No, we are not an official media outlet of the Islamic State, nor are we drawing/recruiting people to the actual Islamic State.
Thank you for reading this post, we hope you consider contacting us. 

I am locking this thread until further notice. But before I do, I have to make a few points.

While I feel the islamic state could be made into a mod in arma, for the purposes of opposition forces, if done carefully-much as the nazi's are used in WW2 mods, the wording and style of this addon does not seem to reflect that at all. It seems to want to make an accurate and legitimate faction of IS to be used in game.

Your statement of "lack of an actual terrorist faction opponent " makes no sense either. There are numerous terrorist faction in mods already, including at least 2 separate IS mods. And the existence of these mods led to massive and negative publicity in newspapers with "journalists" referring to Arma as " ISIS propaganda" and a "terrorist training tool distributed by ISIS". Is that really something you want to occur again?

Saying "we are not an official media outlet of IS, does not make this okay. IS is a terror group dedicated to exterminating whole groups of people and "declaring a caliphate" on these forums is irresponsible, shortsighted and reprehensible. 

This thread will be locked until it is looked at by BI developers. Do not attempt to start another or I will ban you instantly.

• Like 5

Having read your statement from the link provided, I am now banning you from this forum. You declare in your statement that you "admire the organisation of ranks, media and government behind the islamic state" . Regardless of the fact you say IS is "horrible" you still aim to play as and represent them in game.

This constitutes propaganda of a terrorist organisation, something which is illegal and certainly not tolerated in this forum.

• Like 8