SparxOne

Free insults for my gameplay style

Hello everyone,

I've started this thread in the hopes of finding people in a similar situation as me. I am being insulted and degraded very frequently while playing Clash games (I only play these by the way) by people who say i play like shit and that my game style is just pure shitty and not cool for them. Let me get into more details...

Basically to me Clash is the kind of gamemode that forces one to think and act accordingly to the situation and environment to succeed, nothing is keeping anyone from using any tactics to lead his team to victory, and by that i mean, anyone is free to run a mile away on top of a hill taking one shots on people if the map allows it, just like anyone is free to gear up with a heavy armor and run around with an LMG rushing people like a mad dog ! There is no gamestyle that anyone is forced to use ! But apparently this ideology doesn't apply to everyone as people have come bitching to me about the way i played and unfortunately for them seriously couldn't handle my playstyle... People were literally telling me "You fuckin bitch, you're a true piece a shit with your shitty gamestyle, it's fuckin boring and annoying to everyone, if it is to play this way than please go and play sniper elite !". Obviously this makes me laugh, i don't even bother replying to them as i don't see any reason in feeding an angry person who's truly raging because they couldn't counter you for the last 3 games. And this happens to me very often, either the people will insult me about how much of a fucker i am sniping them or they will tell me i'm a bitch and quit the game, leaving their whole team 1 person less against us. I'm also counting the amount of games where as soon as i join in, i will see the chat spammed with my name asking to be kicked because people know what's coming for them... 

Oh yes before i forget, something that came up quite a few times also, in some maps, objectives are somehow quite close to each other and lines of sight are very easily reached less than 15 seconds into the game to get a kill, people are telling me i'm spawn killing them, how am i spawn killing if one person has left the spawn, is busy running up the hill next to his objective and i kill him ? I mean, am i supposed to wait till the guy reaches the top of the hill to kill him so he's feeling better about that ?... People just don't seem to understand some principals of this game and are simply not familiarized enough to the gameplay Clash allows ! Of coarse if you run in the open on a straight line from your objective to the other you're very possibly going to get killed in less than a minute into the game start...

So does Argo have rules on how one is forced to play ? Not allowed to snipe and or take shots from far away ? If it does please link me to these rules please ! 

https://snag.gy/oGd9Ig.jpg

Whats your lvl ?

I get "trash talked" in raid mode too, for not playing like everybody else, but my difference is i rush , and on raid that confuses players SO much, even been called no clipper a few times ! 

But you are free to play any way you want, but i understand the grief you can bring, if you team dies, and you are kilometers off the objectives, and all they can do it wait for you to die !

Sniper camping annoys people because it is relatively easy, it's relatively safe and doesn't require much teamwork and is primarily done to rack up kills instead of really contributing to a mission objective. If everyone was a sniper, the game would grind to a halt, so there is a natural tendency to talk them down. That sniper players sometimes think they are really cool and elite doesn't help as well. That's just my experience.

As long as you're playing by the rules of the game, you should just ignore the bitching. I think your opponents should stop bitching and start sniper hunting. If the game-mode grinds to a halt because of this, they should adapt the game mode.

2 hours ago, GhettoGrill said:

Whats your lvl ?

I get "trash talked" in raid mode too, for not playing like everybody else, but my difference is i rush , and on raid that confuses players SO much, even been called no clipper a few times ! 

But you are free to play any way you want, but i understand the grief you can bring, if you team dies, and you are kilometers off the objectives, and all they can do it wait for you to die !

I'm lvl 24, playing with the Mk-1 EMR. Thing is i don't quite care what they tell me, as to me that means i am doing my job well, and that is to make sure the ennemy team doesn't have a chance to do anything while my team is safe and can proceed to the objective with as few ennemy as possible. I am never far away from the fight and from the objective, i'm not that kind of sniper that actually does go so far away there is no chance he can come back in time to save the objective if it had to be taken. But even with that gamestyle, people still trash talk me because i'm always getting my kills from mid range or close range without them being able to spot me.

2 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Sniper camping annoys people because it is relatively easy, it's relatively safe and doesn't require much teamwork and is primarily done to rack up kills instead of really contributing to a mission objective. If everyone was a sniper, the game would grind to a halt, so there is a natural tendency to talk them down. That sniper players sometimes think they are really cool and elite doesn't help as well. That's just my experience.

As long as you're playing by the rules of the game, you should just ignore the bitching. I think your opponents should stop bitching and start sniper hunting. If the game-mode grinds to a halt because of this, they should adapt the game mode.

I have to agree with you that sniper camping can be very annoying when the last guy in your team is sniping from the furthest point he could find and basically the whole game time goes by watching him stand still not even being able to spot and kill someone. I know very well that lots of people do that and that's clearly not what i'm doing, i very usually play it mid range and am always ready to attack if the necessity comes, just like sometimes i can be the first on objective even though i do have the DMR in my hands, i just go with the flow of the mission and the way the ennemy team plays it, if they play sneaky and snipy, than i go sneaky and snipy, if they go full assault than i go full counter assault, i just adapt. 

• Like 1

Hi @SparxOne,
There is no rank system in Argo (engine limitations), and therefore bad team balance (as seen in your screenshot)...
So low rank players will still insult you, because they feel disadvantaged against higher ones... and specially snipers.
If you are a skilled player with better equipment, sure you'll frustrate lower skilled players and even more when they only have a 5.56 with level 1 or 2 sight/scope.

When the majority of the players will be 25, then you'll probably get less insults ;)

It happens to me... not to the point of wanting to kick me out (it never happened), but I'm called a hack several times or say my weapon is "bot weapon".

I have a good reflex, but I'm not so good at "aim". I'm not patient, my style is more rush. So the type of weapon that most suits me is: LMG.

With LMG I have enough ammunition and a good firerate, so I can go up to the opponents without fear of missing ammunition. They do not always like that.

I'm open minded for this kind of thing... every weapon is OP and every weapon is bad, it depends more on the player than on the weapon itself. I've seen good marksman players, but if they put that same DMR in my hands, I get negative K/D. I'm not good with DMR and I do not even have the patience to "stand still" (camper).

In the same way, I have seen many players with LMG getting negative in the match.

In short, everyone plays the way they want, as long as they follow the rules.

When they tell me about my LMG, I simply respond: "it's in the game, you can use it."

Called a hacker at least twice a day. I was playing LMG before... People was trash talking sometimes because it was OP.... Now I'm with a DMR.... "Noob ! you use noob weapon" XD

Nah really you are not the only one stuck in this situation. When the update will be live with the report system, I hope we would be able to report for "griefing" or something like that.

And like @EricR said, for now we don't have any ranking system so most of the new players are going to play against end game player one day or another. Add to this all the salty people and you have a perfect way to get someone yelling at you....

6 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

Called a hacker at least twice a day. I was playing LMG before... People was trash talking sometimes because it was OP.... Now I'm with a DMR.... "Noob ! you use noob weapon" XD

Nah really you are not the only one stuck in this situation. When the update will be live with the report system, I hope we would be able to report for "griefing" or something like that.

And like @EricR said, for now we don't have any ranking system so most of the new players are going to play against end game player one day or another. Add to this all the salty people and you have a perfect way to get someone yelling at you....

I play Argo has a week and I went level 1 (and guest). I honestly think that anyone who has a certain skill for games like Argo, the level does not matter that much. I've been almost K/D 2.0 since level 1, even playing against opponents much better armed and protected than me. At first I did not even understand the skills tree, so I used the "Vermin" for some levels. High level players have never been so OP to me. Honestly, I think complaining about "levels" is just a way of not accepting how noob they are.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with that OP so long as you're contributing, I do it all the time too with my Mk-I EMR and SPAR 17 with a bipod and Scope 4. A lot of people don't expect players to cautiously run down the flanks and end up behind them on some hill 400m away popping people, that's the beauty of this game and the clash gamemode specifically. I LOVE that there's no bullcrap "out of bounds" boundaries or anything like that, the entire map is there for you to use and exploit how you see fit, I love it when people insult me over my "campy" playstyle, it means I'm doing something right.

• Like 2

Haha I'm lvl 10 and in CLASH I "hate" those annoying snipers (only because I don't have one) :don11:

They don't take the point, but keep far away and try to kill everyone reaching the point to seize.

That's sometimes frustrating, but that's the game! I'll never insult someone for doing this. 

• Like 1