wanju

Which Arma game is best for editing ? (POLL)

Which Arma game is best for editing ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Arma game is best for editing ?

I went with "other" for OFP / CWA - most aspects are very similar but less complex than Arma 3 by a factor of 3. I'm more familiar with the addon editing process in both games, mission editing is another thing. That seems a bit more intuitive in Arma 3 with the pretty awesome 3d editor.

• Like 2

If you mean mission editing its Arma 3hands down. 3d editor and loadouts save gobs of time especially when placing lots of objects at obscure heights and places.

17 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

If you mean mission editing its Arma 3hands down. 3d editor and loadouts save gobs of time especially when placing lots of objects at obscure heights and places.

Placing people in buildings especially. Until I've tried out the 3d editor I haven't known this can be done without experiencing severe psychotic episodes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfTournesol said:

No OFP in your poll ? It's called ArmA:CWA now.

OFP = CWA now ?

50 minutes ago, Lenyoga said:

Placing people in buildings especially. Until I've tried out the 3d editor I haven't known this can be done without experiencing severe psychotic episodes.

which arma game best for mod

1 minute ago, ProfTournesol said:

OFP = Arma:CWA

sir how is about arma 3 and arma 2 Operation Arrowhead for modding?

4 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

OFP = Arma:CWA

sir how is about arma 3 and arma 2 Operation Arrowhead for modding?

32 minutes ago, wanju said:

which arma game best for mod

It depends on what you want to do. Arma 3 has better graphics, more options for pretty much anything you can do in the engine, but it takes a bit longer to do. Creating 3d models with textures would take a lot longer if you make use of the game's full capabilities. On the other hand, there's a lot of documentation, so simple reskins or config file editing shouldn't be that hard.

I don't know anything about Arma 2 modding, I've only played this, not edited anything.

What kind of mod are you going for?

In terms of mission making I went with Arma 2, the Arma 3 3D editor is definitely a god send and a great tool but in terms of setting up a large or small scale scenario's I preferred the 2D editor, it was clean, fast and efficient,  i don't enjoy mission making in the 3D editor like I used to so pretty much stopped and just make Alive missions which is awesome in itself but yeah, I miss the ole 2D editor snif snif :)

For sentimental reasons I want to say Arma 2 / OA however the editor in A3 is so much better I'll have to go with A3.  3D editor and item/unit placement, setting all units playable at once, snap to terrain and other height features... the list goes on....so many improvements.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

For sentimental reasons I want to say Arma 2 / OA however the editor in A3 is so much better I'll have to go with A3.  3D editor and item/unit placement, setting all units playable at once, snap to terrain and other height features... the list goes on....so many improvements.

finely arma 2 oa is good and easy to edit ?

(sorry for ma bad english, I am not an ENglish)

15 hours ago, Lenyoga said:

It depends on what you want to do. Arma 3 has better graphics, more options for pretty much anything you can do in the engine, but it takes a bit longer to do. Creating 3d models with textures would take a lot longer if you make use of the game's full capabilities. On the other hand, there's a lot of documentation, so simple reskins or config file editing shouldn't be that hard.

I don't know anything about Arma 2 modding, I've only played this, not edited anything.

What kind of mod are you going for?

Sir,

I want make some missions (Single Player)

I want toadd custom sounds , billboards and mainly I want to change or replace Army soilders cloth skins & Vehicals logos(skins,flags)

also i want to create small menu to chouse and play my missions.

help me sir,

(Sorry for my bad English. im Sinhala)

4 hours ago, wanju said:

Sir,

I want make some missions (Single Player)

I want toadd custom sounds , billboards and mainly I want to change or replace Army soilders cloth skins & Vehicals logos(skins,flags)

also i want to create small menu to chouse and play my missions.

help me sir,

(Sorry for my bad English. im Sinhala)

I don't know too much about mission editing, but custom sounds aren't hard. Arma 3 probably has an easier set of tools for addon editing and a lot of tutorials (like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZoI7f0ApSI ), but OFP is easier to do because there's only one type of texture file (no bump maps or anything) - but installing the tools and finding tutorials (here's some good ones http://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=ofp:modeling:tutorials) is harder.

I don't currently know where everything is, but there are tons of information on the forums here (for example https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/180-arma-3-bi-tools-general/) and also on google.