I have been trying to make my missions feel a little more real, I thought adding some ambient sounds on base and in cities (Radio chatter, Voices, TV's, Music radio, stuff like that) would be a good way to bring immersion to my missions, among other things of course. I just don't know the best way to go about this.

I've been using triggers and making sounds seem like they are playing from objects, but this seems like its not the best way to do it. The sound kind of just cuts off after a few feet, it doesn't fade away as the player gets further from the trigger. I just need a good way to have sound play from objects (or at least seem like it is) and actually have it sound like it should. 

I do know about things like PlaySound3D or Say3D, I just need to know if their is a much better way to use these things, because I have tried using them and either can't them to work.

So if any of you know some good ways to have sounds play in the 3D space of Arma 3 then please offer up some information. If you could give me an example of how to do it and what I should be doing, the please do so. 

Thank you.

Note: I have ACE3 installed and I was trying to use the AmbientSound module for this, I could not for the life of me figure that out. I don't understand how that module works. If any of you know how to use that module, that would be some good info to share.

@SGP-Christian, I've written a mod called TPW_SOAP, which spawns all sorts of region specific sonic ambience (music, chatter, traffic noise, household ambience, radios etc etc) around the player using playsound3d. You're welcome to have a look at the script for some ideas, or just use the mod as is. 

Okay, thank you. So it spawns them based on area, or do I go is a specify the areas? Also, my mission is on Takistan, if that matters.

7 minutes ago, tpw said:

@SGP-Christian, I've written a mod called TPW_SOAP, which spawns all sorts of region specific sonic ambience (music, chatter, traffic noise, household ambience, radios etc etc) around the player using playsound3d. You're welcome to have a look at the script for some ideas, or just use the mod as is. 

I am interested but is says "single player experience", so is it only for single player? This was supposed to be a coop mission on Takistan. 

1 hour ago, SGP-Christian said:

I am interested but is says "single player experience", so is it only for single player? This was supposed to be a coop mission on Takistan. 

Yeah it's SP only sorry. Still, you can have a look through the script to see how playsound3d is used to give sounds that smoothly fade out.  

58 minutes ago, Muecke said:

Hi, you can check our mission. It has music playing depending on situation.

Its playing clientside and yes its complicated. Every Basebuilding has its own sounds.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697756742

I have 2 scipts running in it for music.

4 hours ago, tpw said:

how about this, can one of you guys explain to me how I need to use playsound3D. Like what I need in my config file and such. This is by far the hardest thing I have done so far, I cant find any info that makes sense to me either.