rsa_travis

O2 - Underground LOD Proxy Clipping

Hello,
I do not have ARMA 3 - I use VBS3 with Dev Tools which comes with O2 for setting up models and I believe it's the same process used to create ARMA 3 content.
I have been using O2 for a few years now but this is the first time I have had to do anything which requires the setup of an Underground LOD. I am setting up a building with a basement and as per the documentation I have setup the Underground LOD and I can successfully travel down to the basement without the Terrain interferring, however the objects which I have placed in the basement via proxies are all clipped i.e. can only see the top-half of the model. The model used in the Underground LOD is basically a massive box which exceeds the building dimensions so I do not believe this is causing the clipping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.t5krxi.jpg

Screenshot from VBS showing the bottom of proxies are masked/clipped from view

2zspcuu.jpg

Underground LOD showing that proxies have clearance.

I forgot to mention that these same assets are also instanced above the terrain and are correct - it's only the instances which are underground are clipping.
Also the only objects which are clipping are those with an Alpha channel, other models which I have placed in the same location without an Alpha channel are fine.

are trying to use this model with the underground lod in Arma 3 or VBS?

because it will not work in Arma 3. The tech to implement it is not supported in A3. 

This is VBS3.

If I place the object in the basement instead of using proxies it works fine and is a work-around.

Also I found that if I continue to walk my character into one of these objects it will start flickering, revealing the missing bottom section - almost like it's z-fighting?

58 minutes ago, rsa_travis said:

This is VBS3.

If I place the object in the basement instead of using proxies it works fine and is a work-around.

Also I found that if I continue to walk my character into one of these objects it will start flickering, revealing the missing bottom section - almost like it's z-fighting?

Yes but you are posting this in the Arma 3 forums. If you are trying to figure out something for vbs you probably would be a better response in those forums?

I believe the VBS3 forums are dead - I thought Arma III was built on VBS3 which is why the tools were the same.

Ah wells, thanks anyways.

• Like 1

Ah understood. No unfortunately some of the stuff translates but not this one. 

Just FYI... I found the solution!
The scene I was testing it in had water underneath and the clipping was caused by the water - I tested it in another scene without water and it's fine!

Cool :)

i tried adding the underground lod back in a3 alpha and it didn't work which was a bummer lol. I had hoped it found its way in.