Sign in to follow this  
SparxOne

AK-12 Damage nerfed because too OP ?

So i've been wondering, has there been a ninja nerf to the damage of the AK-12 ? I mean it's a 7.62 weapon, rank 4 and shows a good damage dealer in the stats of equipment list but since a few days i've had some serious questions about what suddenly happened to it !

I'm busy counting the amount of games where i literally score no less than 3 to 4 bullets in a person before he dies, and sometimes goes up to 5 ! How on earth is that even possible ? I mean we are seriously talking about a rank 4 weapon that shoots 7.62 ammo ! Sniper of the second category shoot the same bullets but need no more than 2 bullets to finish anyone ! I am wearing level 2 body armor but even with that i get 2 shoted with a 7.62 but i myself am stuggling killing someone with this gun... I call for some serious bullshit around here...

23 minutes ago, SparxOne said:

So i've been wondering, has there been a ninja nerf to the damage of the AK-12 ?

There was no ninja nerf, the weapon was adjusted far back in the prototype state, and to my knowledge was not changed since.

23 minutes ago, SparxOne said:

... talking about a rank 4 weapon that shoots 7.62 ammo ! 

Keep in mind that the caliber, 7.62mm, is not biggest factor in dmg.

The MK-18 uses 7.62×51mm NATO rounds, the real AK-12 does not even use 7.62mm ammo, it uses 5.56mm.

The Ak-12 version in Arma is using 7.62x39mm SLR (about 1/3 less powder) though and at its current state in Argo is comparable to the mx rifles.

The Ak-12 was very powerful back then (maybe because not many had armor there?) so it was adjusted, considering that it was able to carry 3x 40mm as well, made it a deadly weapon.

The Tier of the weapon does not say much about it, its more about a possible combination of equipment.

Though I would agree that the AK-12 for its tier could need some love, or actually the other way around, the mk-18 needs some rust in its barrel :shoot:

21 minutes ago, Yoshi_E said:

There was no ninja nerf, the weapon was adjusted far back in the prototype state, and to my knowledge was not changed since.

Keep in mind that the caliber, 7.62mm, is not biggest factor in dmg.

The MK-18 uses 7.62×51mm NATO rounds, the real AK-12 does not even use 7.62mm ammo, it uses 5.56mm.

The Ak-12 version in Arma is using 7.62x39mm SLR (about 1/3 less powder) though and at its current state in Argo is comparable to the mx rifles.

The Ak-12 was very powerful back then (maybe because not many had armor there?) so it was adjusted, considering that it was able to carry 3x 40mm as well, made it a deadly weapon.

The Tier of the weapon does not say much about it, its more about a possible combination of equipment.

Though I would agree that the AK-12 for its tier could need some love, or actually the other way around, the mk-18 needs some rust in its barrel :shoot:

Ak12 wihout silencers seems to do almost the same as the Mk18 , but having a worse spray on a distance ! least imo ! Buffing this gun would seem unnecessary !

No ninja nerfs happened. Yoshi_E explained the adjustments that did happen quite some time ago precisely. And let's not forget the very interesting and powerful burst fire mode, unique for AK-12 – it allows you to shoot two bullets in rapid succession, in a way that the second bullet is not affected by the gun's recoil.