The files on armaholic needs to be updated. That version does not contain the same files as the one on github, and are not compatible with dedicated servers.

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blaq G-Sus said:

The files on armaholic needs to be updated. That version does not contain the same files as the one on github, and are not compatible with dedicated servers.

Can you link the GitHub page?

Hi all,

Version 1.4 is now available; in short it adds various optimisation improvements and selling 😉. Feedback is welcome for any bugs you find (I haven't extensively tested this).

To sell an item, the store needs to stock it and you will need to check a certain checkbox.

This version has actually been available for a while over on GitHub but due to lack of free-time I haven't been able to update anything here.

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2020 at 23:32, HallyG said:

Hi all,

Version 1.4 is now available; in short it adds various optimisation improvements and selling 😉.

wonderful!

I'd like to create an addons with your script. Obviously with your permission

• Like 2

On 3/12/2020 at 11:32 PM, HallyG said:

Hi all,

Version 1.4 is now available; in short it adds various optimisation improvements and selling 😉. Feedback is welcome for any bugs you find (I haven't extensively tested this).

To sell an item, the store needs to stock it and you will need to check a certain checkbox.

This version has actually been available for a while over on GitHub but due to lack of free-time I haven't been able to update anything here.

Cheers

Server feedback:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\HALs\Addons\store\dialog\defines.hpp, line 329: '/RscItemButtonClose.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\HALs\Addons\store\dialog\dialog.hpp, line 180: '/RscDisplayStore/controls/HALs_store_dialog/controls/TitleFunds/Attributes.valign': Missing ';' prior '}'
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\HALs\Addons\core\functions.cpp, line 3: '/CfgFunctions/HALs/Common/log.headerType': Missing ';' prior '}'

Error in expression <count _weapons > 0) then {
{
_container addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal [_x,>
  Error position: <addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal [_x,>
  Error Type String, expected Array
File HALs\Addons\store\functions\system\cargo\fn_addContainerCargo.sqf [HALs_store_fnc_addContainerCargo]..., line 36

It's an excellent mod, but at this moment i am trying to put items from mods like NIA, CUP or RHS, but all of the ask me for stats, and picture screens, is there anyway to solve this or at least, bypass the "waiting for number" issue?

Edit:

SOLVED; i was taking the class name of the objects in the editor instead of the weapons in the arsenal itself

Edited by Soviet47
Solved

This has been exactly what I've been looking for. Great work.

I was able to create multiple shops with their own separate sets of items for a coop sandbox scenerio I'm working on.

However I'm struggling with setting up a way for players to earn specific amounts of currency. Is there anyway for you to set different AI units to give specific amounts of currency to players after they are killed? (ie: Soldiers = $100, officers = $150). Also how would I implement a way for players to earn currency from completing certain tasks. (ie: players clear an area of enemy ai in a trigger = a reward of $250 to all players in the server, or players capture a sector = a reward of $100 to all players in the server.)

Thanks!

On 3/12/2020 at 11:32 PM, HallyG said:

Hi all,

Cheers

22:39:12 Error in expression <count _weapons > 0) then {
{
22:39:12   Error position: <addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal [_x,>
22:39:12   Error Type String, expected Array
22:39:12 File HALs\Addons\store\functions\system\cargo\fn_addContainerCargo.sqf [HALs_store_fnc_addContainerCargo]..., line 36

On 5/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, Blaq G-Sus said:

22:39:12   Error position: <addWeaponWithAttachmentsCargoGlobal [_x,>
22:39:12   Error Type String, expected Array

AWWACG [_x..] is wrong
AWWACG [[_x,...], 1] is right. Just missing one array level.

Tbh we could probably just handle that in the command.. I might fix that.

• Like 2

Hi all,

A new version is available, v1.4.1. This is a smaller update but in short:

• Added compatibility with the interactive money objects added from the Old Man update  - pick up any of these objects to acquirer some sweet ol' cash (video).
  • The player's money is now displayed in their inventory. Hb8u9wn.png
  • Replaced addAction with the BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd.
  • Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
  • Weapons classes with attachments can now be sold (if not stocked, their price comes from their parent weapon class).
  • Slight colour-schemes tweaks to better match in-game UI colours.

The full change-log can be viewed here.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, HallyG said:

Hi all,

A new version is available, v1.4.1. This is a smaller update but in short:

• Added compatibility with the interactive money objects added from the Old Man update  - pick up any of these objects to acquirer some sweet ol' cash (video).
  • The player's money is now displayed in their inventory. Hb8u9wn.png
  • Replaced addAction with the BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd.
  • Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
  • Weapons classes with attachments can now be sold (if not stocked, their price comes from their parent weapon class).
  • Slight colour-schemes tweaks to better match in-game UI colours.

The full change-log can be viewed here.

Cheers

You sir... ROCK!

If only the original Arma 3 devs had such eye for great UI such as yourself! 

Also, the first script/mod to use OLD MAN assets that I know of so kudos to that! 👏 . Pretty interested in how you convert the in game money into store money and if you can drop it...

• Like 1

I try adding this to the civilian that I want to be the trader's init: 

if (isServer) then { [this, <store type>] call HALs_store_fnc_addTrader; }; 

but it comes up with an error. What am I doing wrong?

Man I love your mod lol 

This is great, neat and wonderful work. 

It's dead simple to add to any mission. 

Thanks A LOT man!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:03 PM, LSValmont said:

Also, the first script/mod to use OLD MAN assets that I know of so kudos to that! 👏 . Pretty interested in how you convert the in game money into store money and if you can drop it...

Thanks! I've already improved the UI further.. so if you want a sneak peak: old versus new. In terms of converting the items to money, it's a take eventhandler, which selects an amount to add based on the item classname.

In the current version dropping money is unavailable but I've already created a script to allow dropping money.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:57 PM, Redfox_40 said:

I try adding this to the civilian that I want to be the trader's init: 

if (isServer) then { [this, <store type>] call HALs_store_fnc_addTrader; }; 

but it comes up with an error. What am I doing wrong?

Hi, I've updated the function usage with some examples (seems like I should have done that in the first place).
In your case, <store type> needs to be replaced by the name of the store defined in the HALs\Addons\store\config.hpp. For example, in the provided test mission, you could use either "weapon" or "navigation":

if (isServer) then {[this, "weapon"] call HALs_store_fnc_addTrader;}; 
if (isServer) then {[this, "navigation"] call HALs_store_fnc_addTrader;}; 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2020 at 7:09 AM, HallyG said:

Thanks! I've already improved the UI further.. so if you want a sneak peak: old versus new. In terms of converting the items to money, it's a take eventhandler, which selects an amount to add based on the item classname.

In the current version dropping money is unavailable but I've already created a script to allow dropping money.

Wow that is just great! Thank you for pioneering this!

Is there a new version coming out soon? If so, then it would be awesome if you could add more useful scripts and stuff like:

• Robbing a cash register (as I'm making a new open world scenario cops and robbers)
  • Buying vehicles (unless you've already done that)
  • (Whatever else you're going to add in the next version if you do decide to make one)
  • Oh and money regenerating after a certain amount of time as I've done a bank heist on my cops and robbers scenario.

I love your work man!

I just found a bug:

1: Buy grenades.
2: Select vest or uniform as container.
3: Try to throw the grenade. Nothing happens.
4: Drop the grenades on the ground and pick them up again.
5: Try to throw the grenades. Works.

And: There's a typo in the addaction that opens the store. "Hold enter to store".

• Like 1

Hi all,
Update v1.5 is now available.

YRHy6UX.png 

Notable changes:

• Improved the GUI appearance by minimising white-space and changing colours to match BIS' theme.
  • Added an example mission to demonstrate using different stores.
  • Added a help button that links to the Usage page on the GitHub wiki.
  • Added optional target parameter to HALs_store_fnc_addTrader to determine what players (e.g. BLUFOR only) can access the store (default is everyone).
  • Added function HALs_store_fnc_openStore to open the store without the action.
  • Added function HALs_store_fnc_addActionTrader to add an open store action to all targets.
  • Changed traders can be any type not just CAManBase, ReammoBox_F or Car_F.
  • Changed stock and starting funds can now be greater than 999,999.
  • Fixed typo in the store open action - with a new entry in stringtable.xml: STR_HALS_STORE_OPEN_ACTION.

Visit the Usage page for information about how to use new/modified functions.

Known issues:

Sometimes you can't use grenades after they have been added to your inventory. This could potentially be solved using reload.

Cheers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Improved GUI is very cool.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, HallyG said:

Hi all,

YRHy6UX.png 

Notable changes:

• Improved the GUI appearance by minimising white-space and changing colours to match BIS' theme.
  • Added optional target parameter to HALs_store_fnc_addTrader to determine what players (e.g. BLUFOR only) can access the store (default is everyone).
  • Added function HALs_store_fnc_addActionTrader to add an open store action to all targets.
  • Fixed typo in the store open action - with a new entry in stringtable.xml: STR_HALS_STORE_OPEN_ACTION.

Known issues:

Sometimes you can't use grenades after they have been added to your inventory. This could potentially be solved using reload.

Cheers

Nice work!

Edited by Blaq G-Sus
Figured it out

On 8/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, HallyG said:

Hi all,

YRHy6UX.png 

Notable changes:

Known issues:

Cheers

Works great! 🙂

I've got some RPT-errors for you:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\HALs\Addons\store\dialog\defines.hpp, line 336: '/RscItemButtonClose.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\HALs\Addons\store\dialog\dialog.hpp, line 95: '/RscDisplayStore/controls/HelpButton.tooltip': Missing ';' at the end of line
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\HALs\Addons\core\functions.cpp, line 3: '/CfgFunctions/HALs/Common/log.headerType': Missing ';' prior '}'

These errors does not seem to affect the gameplay.