5 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

oh, also, would you ever consider splitting off the unit-specific uniforms and factions in to a separate addon/s? 

I wont put them as separate addons entirely, but at least theyll be hidden from arsenal, and ill make an optional pbo thatll show them if one wants to

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simcardo said:

I wont put them as separate addons entirely, but at least theyll be hidden from arsenal, and ill make an optional pbo thatll show them if one wants to

I'd say you should definitely have an option to include all equipment in the arsenal so you don't have people who are unaware of them.

I can only speak for myself but I already have gigs worth of mods installed so a few dozen extra uniform variants won't be that much of a hassle.

16 minutes ago, extracrispi said:

I'd say you should definitely have an option to include all equipment in the arsenal so you don't have people who are unaware of them.

Yes as i've exactly said i'll include an optional file which makes everything appear in arsenal

• Like 1

I got really carried away digging in to some of the gear the US started introducing around the turn of the century. I've got a small imgur album here with some pictures of stuff and a little bit of info on the pieces. Thought you might be interested since a lot of it fits in to the mod's time-frame and its just some neato stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/AejLhjv

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I got really carried away digging in to some of the gear the US started introducing around the turn of the century. I've got a small imgur album here with some pictures of stuff and a little bit of info on the pieces. Thought you might be interested since a lot of it fits in to the mod's time-frame and its just some neato stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/AejLhjv

That's interesting, the Ranger body armour looks a lot like the British Opsrey body armour.

On 6/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, simcardo said:

thanks man, it could be a proxy error or something, i will take a look

Friend of mine reported the same error with MOPP suits, any news on if it's fixed?

Hey Simcardo i love this MOD. One of the main reasons i enjoy is because i have noticed if you select the uniform option that has a patch that comes with the actual uniform (the 10th mtn div, 101st, etc) and you add a custom insignia it puts the custom insignia patch on the other shoulder. So you end up with a patch on the left and at patch on the right-which is awesome. I only discovered this by accident but love it. However i also really enjoy the variant that has the  UCP, IR Flag, Kneepad, gloves added. Is it possible to a. make an ACU/OCP (or multicam) version of the ISAF 101st/10th mtn etc. ? Like literally the same mod (everything) except with  on ocp or multicam option. I noticed you do have a woodland option however im creating some missions with afghanistan operations within the last 4 years - present and the US armies standard uniofrom is OCP and accuracy /realism is really important to me.

Lastly how difficult would it be to create any/all uniform variants with preplace isaf patches (of all current uni's in your mod) with the kneepads attatched? The reason i ask is because i could create a loadout with all the favs-isaf pre attatched (all variants) on the left arm and my punisher skull patch on the right arm, with kneepads. If it seems it would be really difficult then no worries. nevertheless i appraciate this mod and the quality of it.  THank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waya32 said:

Hey Simcardo i love this MOD. One of the main reasons i enjoy is because i have noticed if you select the uniform option that has a patch that comes with the actual uniform (the 10th mtn div, 101st, etc) and you add a custom insignia it puts the custom insignia patch on the other shoulder. So you end up with a patch on the left and at patch on the right-which is awesome. I only discovered this by accident but love it. However i also really enjoy the variant that has the  UCP, IR Flag, Kneepad, gloves added. Is it possible to a. make an ACU/OCP (or multicam) version of the ISAF 101st/10th mtn etc. ? Like literally the same mod (everything) except with  on ocp or multicam option. I noticed you do have a woodland option however im creating some missions with afghanistan operations within the last 4 years - present and the US armies standard uniofrom is OCP and accuracy /realism is really important to me.

Lastly how difficult would it be to create any/all uniform variants with preplace isaf patches (of all current uni's in your mod) with the kneepads attatched? The reason i ask is because i could create a loadout with all the favs-isaf pre attatched (all variants) on the left arm and my punisher skull patch on the right arm, with kneepads. If it seems it would be really difficult then no worries. nevertheless i appraciate this mod and the quality of it.  THank you!

Hi.

If I remember correctly Simcardo already answered this question on the Steam Workshop comments section. Because of the fact that this mod represents US Forces of early 2000s timeframe He said that making OCP or Multicam variants of ACU is rather outside the scope of this mod.

Regards.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, waya32 said:

What Bolo said. Also, RHS would really be the way to to for that, if you haven't seen it. They have OCP/UCP and what not not 

I´m just reporting here that the M16A2 from GUSTAVO has been updated, and since then, 2001 units don´t work properly (rifleman don´t spawn with their M16s due a config error)

Cheers

7 hours ago, nbc095 said:

I´m just reporting here that the M16A2 from GUSTAVO has been updated, and since then, 2001 units don´t work properly (rifleman don´t spawn with their M16s due a config error)

Cheers

Yeah, the file names (and probably the cfg too) changed from gst_m16a2.pbo to gstavo_m16a2.pbo

Cheers

For anyone who needs it I made a config fix for the outdated M16A2. It makes a duplicate of the GSTAVO M16A2 with the old classname used in this mod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759388661

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2019 at 4:28 AM, antiflagellum said:

For anyone who needs it I made a config fix for the outdated M16A2. It makes a duplicate of the GSTAVO M16A2 with the old classname used in this mod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759388661

Any chance you can upload that to another file sharing site? Thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 12:13 AM, Georg_Ravioli said:

Friend of mine reported the same error with MOPP suits, any news on if it's fixed?

I'm still having the problem at least. Launchers are invisible in first person view when wearing the long-sleeved MOPP suit variant. 

Hey simcardo, I recently got into this mod again because I'm part of a new group that's looking into adopting it.

I was wondering if you had any plans to make any more content for this mod? If you are, Ranger Body Armor would be a welcome addition. Even though it was technically obsoletely by the 2000s, a lot of them were still issued to units like the 173rd Airborne Brigade for the first few years of Iraq because of a shortage of Interceptor vests. They've even seen a fairly extensive post-US service life with the Iraqi Security Forces. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy, maybe just a basic, rifleman, autorifleman/machinegunner, and grenadier variant. 

e3f50053461f1a416a2ee62a8405ada9.jpg

iraq-503rd-00aa14.jpg

tiger_team_mosul.jpg

Iraqi%20Police.jpg

Anyway, cheers and hope you're having a good 2020!

3 hours ago, extracrispi said:

Hey simcardo, I recently got into this mod again because I'm part of a new group that's looking into adopting it.

I was wondering if you had any plans to make any more content for this mod? If you are, Ranger Body Armor would be a welcome addition. Even though it was technically obsoletely by the 2000s, a lot of them were still issued to units like the 173rd Airborne Brigade for the first few years of Iraq because of a shortage of Interceptor vests. They've even seen a fairly extensive post-US service life with the Iraqi Security Forces. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy, maybe just a basic, rifleman, autorifleman/machinegunner, and grenadier variant. 

Anyway, cheers and hope you're having a good 2020!

This mod has the Ranger Body Armor with a few variants: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=579942493

13 hours ago, coffeeshock said:

This mod has the Ranger Body Armor with a few variants: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=579942493

The problem with USM is that the uniform and vest models  are all custom-fitted to each other so we can't use the vanilla gear on USM uniforms and USM gear on vanilla uniforms without some very obvious clipping issues.

if im ever updating this mod, it's not anytime soon so please just consider it as dead

• Sad 1