11 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

I know it's a never ending list of things to fix, but...

-6-color Desert is also known as "Desert Battle Dress Uniform" or "DBDU." It's a bit more concise way of putting it. Or you could go with Roberthammer's way and just call it "Desert," or "6CD." 

-The PASGT DCU SWDG NV non-SpecB (what an eloquent name lol) has the same display name as the non-NV mount one. Also, adding an "HS" as in "HeadSet" designator to the SpecB helmets would be nice, though this is not a big deal.

Wow, like that time when attention to detail turns into the OCD haha......

Anyway, in that case I ll add few cents from me.

- descriptionShort for M81 and DCU MICH helmets and PASGT helmets is written as "Armour Level III" it should be "Armor Level II" for consistency.

Of course those are only descriptionShort captions and even if it would be written as"Fluffy Bunny" it would be OK. Even RHS don t have that kind of attention to detail.

Regards.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2018 at 11:14 AM, simcardo said:

yeah this kind of thing really kills me lol; and as far as i remember it was EA's direct decision to kill the BDUs/DCUs in MOH2010, and told danger close to give them a more contemporary and modern look; retarded decision anyway it was possibly the same case for BF2

I know, and it triggers me so much that I never even bothered playing through the entire campaign. Worst part was they didn't even make the game moddable so someone (like you :D) could fix it.

119648.jpg?1336570392 

On 5/2/2018 at 9:19 PM, simcardo said:

the patch on the right shoulder is not a unit-specific thing, but rather individual. The one on the left is worn for units that you're currently in service with, while one is allowed to wear a patch of any units that you have served (or seen combat with?) with before, or temporarily attached to, on the right shoulder (sort of awarded or something); that is as far as i know, Do correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who knows more (:

here's some examples: 

Reveal hidden contents

dbatt3june11.jpg

these guys are of 173AB, but the guy on the left wears a 1AD combat patch, which means he has served with 1AD before.

7ccfe74e8b54a4e4f5f23cbccde5dff4.jpg

Men of psyops unit attached to 2ID

CSA-2005-06-22-081040.jpg

I've even seen soldiers in ACUs wearing a USMC 2MARDIV combat patch; fuck tho i cant find the pic anymore 

Ah, didn't know that.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:19 PM, simcardo said:

you can already add any patch on the left arm for the default blank uniforms; now for the right arm flag, the option is either having a flag and no clan (squad.xml) slot, or having a squad.xml slot without flag, or having both, but then the flag will be positioned lower below the squad.xml slot, and in my opinion it looks really awkward when you're not part of any units therefore u have no clan patch; at the moment i really don't know which one's the best option lol

Personally, I'd go with one with the flag marked as "xml friendly" with  the flag lowered and the other is a just regular uniform with the flag in the correct spot. Might want to keep in mind not that many ArmA players use squad.xml so it's nothing to get too wound up on.

Also you could make a BI patch/uniform that consists of US flags on both shoulders. Delta Force in particular seems fond of wearing their uniforms like this (presumably the flag is worn on the left shoulder in lieu of the unit insignia that would normally go there). I've found photos from Operation Gothic Serpent all the way up to the Battle of Fallujah with this. Maybe just give it a rather inconspicuous name like "Combat Applications Group (Delta Force's official name) uniform".

Spoiler

1520499163744.png

e771f2591d123b2653ff79eb316582f8.jpg

delta04kd2-640x320-1.jpg

B5nzR1i.jpg

Speaking of Medal of Honor 2010...

Do you think you could make a 2001 variant of the 101st Airborne and 10th Mountain DCUs (the very first regular Army units sent to Afghanistan) that use black boots? I love the Operation Anaconda look.

A_Soldier_with_1st_Battalion,_187th_Infa

article-2660904-1EDF8F3D00000578-379_634

• Like 1

Might want to keep in mind not that many ArmA players use squad.xml so it's nothing to get too wound up on.

I would say, that the majority of the users that this mod is targeting for use squad xml, almost every milsim community use some kind of squad xml. Certainly my team and every other group we re play coops with use one.

Do you think you could make a 2001 variant of the 101st Airborne and 10th Mountain DCUs (the very first regular Army units sent to Afghanistan) that use black boots? I love the Operation Anaconda look.

DCUs with black boots are already included in the mod You can slap the unit insignia in va or using the script.

Hey i think that You ve dug up photo of Chuck s old Asymmetric Warfare Group team in A stan.

Can You guys confirm or am I seeing things, isn t the guy in the top middle Chuck Pressburg?

B5nzR1i.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bolo861 said:

I would say, that the majority of the users that this mod is targeting for use squad xml, almost every milsim community use some kind of squad xml. Certainly my team and every other group we re play coops with use one.

What group do you play with? I've actually been looking to join a milsim unit that uses this mod. Mine's won't use it on account of already having Delta Hawk's USM pack and having a modset larger than the actual game. Especially if it's got a lot of active members (50+) for platoon and company sized engagements.

DCUs with black boots are already included in the mod You can slap the unit insignia in va or using the script.

Yeah except I suck at scripting.

Hey i think that You ve dug up photo of Chuck s old Asymmetric Warfare Group team in A stan.

Can You guys confirm or am I seeing things, isn t the guy in the top middle Chuck Pressburg?

According to reddit (where I found the photo), the men are US Army Master Sgt Donald Hollenbaugh, Sgt Maj Lawrence Boivin, Staff Sgt Daniel Briggs and an unknown US Marine.

What group do you play with? I've actually been looking to join a milsim unit that uses this mod. Mine's won't use it on account of already having Delta Hawk's USM pack and having a modset larger than the actual game. Especially if it's got a lot of active members (50+) for platoon and company sized engagements.

I am with NoName Arma Team. We routinely play 20 to 30 people coop and joint ops missions and even bigger ops with other teams (mainly from polish arma scene).

But there s one problem. We re polish team with mainly polish native speakers - so language barrier.

According to reddit (where I found the photo), the men are US Army Master Sgt Donald Hollenbaugh, Sgt Maj Lawrence Boivin, Staff Sgt Daniel Briggs and an unknown US Marine.

Oh thanks, that actually clarifies a lot. Now I ve found the same photo in Sean Naylor s book "Relentless Strike". Also, after reading Chris Martin s book and the articles by George Hand IV in which He reminisces abaut his friends from the Unit, it s nice to put some names to faces.

Regards.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, extracrispi said:

Yeah except I suck at scripting.

you really don't need scripting for that you just have to assign them an insignia in the editor

take a look at this pic i made for example 

Kc186Gb.png

I simply inserted a group of the 2001 Army, and assign them 101AB insignia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simcardo said:

you really don't need scripting for that you just have to assign them an insignia in the editor

take a look at this pic i made for example 

Kc186Gb.png

I simply inserted a group of the 2001 Army, and assign them 101AB insignia

Ahhh, I see, whenever I play with BI insignias in the Virtual Arsenal it disappears whenever I try to select a new uniform so I just assumed that they didn't spawn. Is there any way to assign flag patches/insignia on the right shoulder yet, or would that require reskinning it?

Just now, extracrispi said:

Ahhh, I see, whenever I play with BI insignias in the Virtual Arsenal it disappears whenever I try to select a new uniform so I just assumed that they didn't spawn. Is there any way to assign flag patches/insignia on the right shoulder yet, or would that require reskinning it?

It will disappear when you use the virtual arsenal, but it won't if you assign them through editor, just open the properties of the unit/group; go to "attributes" and scroll down to Object: Identity and it's there.

for the right shoulder one you just use any of the unit specific uniforms (non generic one). location of customisable patches depends on the uniform model, the generic ones have it on the left, the unit-specific uniforms has permanent patches on the left and the right one is changable. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, extracrispi said:

simcardo... Did you change the Raid BDUs to having rolled down pants?

What If the answer is yes lol

Well it could just be your

• Haha 2

Found an error when wearing the Fleece jacket BDU (U_B_Flec_M81 and U_B_Flec_DCU), they don't play nice with launchers. Replicated it in the arsenal with just your mod and it's requirements running.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268770491

The error when I take off the uniform says

Cannot load texture d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\@extras\addons\simc_uaf_08\blufor\data\bdu_m81_raid_co.paa.

Edited by Georg_Ravioli

2 hours ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

Found an error when wearing the Fleece jacket BDU (U_B_Flec_M81 and U_B_Flec_DCU), they don't play nice with launchers. Replicated it in the arsenal with just your mod and it's requirements running.

thanks man, it could be a proxy error or something, i will take a look

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:08 PM, simcardo said:

What If the answer is yes lol

Me right now.

1513348230959.gif

I hate rolled down pants like how Sgt. Major Sixta hates moustaches and age of consent laws.

Spoiler

Seriously though, I actually don't mind it all that much, but it would be nice to be able to choose between rolled up and rolled down pants since rolled up and bloused pants were still a fairly common sight among special forces units until Crye Precision uniforms were adopted en masse in the late 2000s (and from what I understand, Crye Precision pants are specifically NOT supposed to be bloused so there's an actual reason for that). It'd also be nice to get a set of Raid DCUs with the black combat/athletic boots that some units like Delta Force are fond of privately purchasing.

1527269802689.jpg

usafsoc.jpg

the not bloused thing also followed the large transition away from traditional army boot to mid-rise hiking boot/hiking shoe, since those aren't exactly blousing-friendly.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:41 PM, Georg_Ravioli said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268770491

The error when I take off the uniform says

Cannot load texture d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\@extras\addons\simc_uaf_08\blufor\data\bdu_m81_raid_co.paa.

You play with a particular group? I've been meaning to ask around for any ArmA communities that use this mod?

5 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

the not bloused thing also followed the large transition away from traditional army boot to mid-rise hiking boot/hiking shoe, since those aren't exactly blousing-friendly.

There are photos from as recently as 2013 with US Army Rangers wearing non-standard boots (I'm going to assume hiking boots) bloused. So you can definitely blouse them if you put the effort into it.

2nd-battalion-rangers-hr.jpg

eb2baf6824ae30acc6ceec21ef9088b1.jpg

Since we're talking about the uniform variants having rolled up sleeves would be a nice touch too

7 hours ago, extracrispi said:

I hate rolled down pants like how Sgt. Major Sixta hates moustaches and age of consent laws.

Haha as long as its still a common thing for SFs to wear them unbloused for multiple reason; then i cant be wrong :p

But yea i am gonna add rolled sleeves + bloused boots combination, something like that; but im really not working on this mod atm so thatll come late later

• Like 1

Btw can I retexture your uniforms and helmets for another task force black themed mod?

• Like 1

@Ltf sure go ahead, just put this as dependency or something

28 minutes ago, simcardo said:

@Ltf sure go ahead, just put this as dependency or something

of course mate, thanks

7 hours ago, simcardo said:

Haha as long as its still a common thing for SFs to wear them unbloused for multiple reason; then i cant be wrong :p

I kinda wanted to see them come across the 82nd "speedbump" and see Sixta get into a massive aneurism over the grooming standard, not realizing or caring they're Army and they've been stuck there for several days with minimal support XD

But alas, I'll just have to live with him casually walking through a massive firefight

16 hours ago, extracrispi said:

There are photos from as recently as 2013 with US Army Rangers wearing non-standard boots (I'm going to assume hiking boots) bloused. So you can definitely blouse them if you put the effort into it.

yeah, these are high-rise boots though. thats no problem. low-rise/no-rise like many oper8ors use though.... its gonna be like trying to blouse a pair of adidas superstars.

• Like 2

oh, also, would you ever consider splitting off the unit-specific uniforms and factions in to a separate addon/s? maybe something dependent on this that has all the marked variations, and leaves all the non-specific, general gear by itself in the "core" mod. while I appreciate all the work toward authenticity, it takes up a lot of space on my hard drive and my virtual arsenal when it's stuff I rarely find myself using. I really don't prefer to associate too much with a specific unit when I'm playing, I just go general. then again, its your mod, not mine. regardless, thanks for the addon. its great, all this og stuff makes me nut.