1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

IR Flags that reflect properly in thermal

Holy shit. believe it or not I actually didnt know that; I did make thermal imaging textures for all uniforms but i never properly tested them by viewing them through thermals, so this is actually the first time i've seen my own units in thermals and they look better than i thought they would haha, thanks alot anyway!

edit:

but to be honest i don't know much at all about how things look under thermals, do vests also look hot on thermals or what?

• Haha 1

On that note, the MCCUUs, T-Shirts, patrol & utility caps, watch caps, fleece (possibly excusable), and MOPPs don't seem to have thermal textures, or if they do, then they are way too cold. Not a deal breaker, but seeing as I just complimented you on remembering thermal, I'd be remiss to not mention this oversight. :P

You can activate thermal imaging in virtual arsenal and the screenshot camera, if that helps at all

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

On that note, the MCCUUs, T-Shirts, patrol & utility caps, watch caps, fleece (possibly excusable), and MOPPs don't seem to have thermal textures

yeah some of the uniforms don't even have proper RVmats yet, i really suck at materials like speculars, in alot of cases they tend appear too shiny and for now they don't have any rvmats assigned, i will revisit them in the future however, thanks for the heads up and reminder tho.

• Like 2

I just read your edit in the first post. When in doubt, follow BI's lead I guess.

Using a bit of logic, clothing would appear hot in thermal due to human body heat. Load bearing vests by themselves as well, though not the gear on them (for simplicity's sake, LBVs could just stay cold). Kevlar is quite thick when you have enough of it to stop a bullet; the inside will be nice and toasty but the outside will appear cold relative to the clothing. Ditto for hard headgear, though soft headgear tends to run warmer due to human head heat. Not totally sure what a military fleece would look like through a TIC; I suspect it runs on the warm side. Electronics should show hot, of course.

Being a firefighter, I do have personal experience with thermal imagers. What I'm seeing in a TIC in that environment, though, is rather different from what a drone or ENVG would see, as the ambient heat tends to be much higher, obviously, and I'm not looking at fully kitted-out soldiers. I'm hunting for details which may look like a person, animal, etc which are much harder to find with the ambient heat. Our thermal is also in very different packaging to withstand the much greater instances of heat, direct flame exposure, and impact, which in turn leads to different specification for the guts, and so on. Take my experience with a small handful of salt.

• Like 4

Thats what's awesome about the Arma community. Posts like the one above this. So many interesting people lending relevant expertise and useful points from their professions/hobbies etc. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Small update

- Fixed RVMATs on most uniforms, now they should reflect better and show up properly on thermals (however fleece jacket and some gear are still missing them, anyway credits to hvymtal for bringing this up)
- Fixed ACU pants disappearing in longer distance (LOD model issue)
- Fixed armour values on vests being too high, should be more balanced now (thanks to lizardbolo for noticing and giving me the correct values)
- Corrected USAF nametape colours (also thanks to lizardbolo for the insight)
- Added ABUs with sage green boots, and  also ABU patrol cap 

7536A4C2AA6C4232E2DD02F61EC787A4B6AC4BB1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Most of the helmets cause some weird shadows or shadow flickering on the neck and face since 0.28, when moving... 

3 minutes ago, coffeeshock said:

Most of the helmets cause some weird shadows or shadow flickering on the neck and face since 0.28, when moving... 

never really noticed this.. maybe after i disabled the shadowVolume LODs on them; 

20 minutes ago, simcardo said:

never really noticed this.. maybe after i disabled the shadowVolume LODs on them; 

It's more noticable on lower shadow settings, barely visible on ultra... 

12 minutes ago, coffeeshock said:

lower shadow settings, barely visible on ultra... 

figures; i always see the stencil shadows causing weird shadings on places where it shouldn't have, so i disabled them completely, i thought it would fix it for all shadow settings, but i honestly dont know. I personally don't even play with shadows unless if im making screenshots or vids which i would use very high/ultra shadow settings, but fact is that lower shadow settings has a different method than the higher ones and I only paid attention to the higher settings, and tbh  it's also my fault for never testing it on low shadow settings, i'll take a look at it if i have time

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, simcardo said:

Update: 24 April 2018

- Improved textures in general, and most specular maps are also improved to reduce shine (specifically on the IR flag, increased shine)
- Improved All uniform models
- Added desert uniforms with black boots 
- replaced battery pack model, and added ANVIS mount for one of the bare MICH helmets (models by Lennard
- Added PVS7s (by Bohemia Interacive from A2 sample models, rhino mount model by Lennard
- Added Birth Control Glasses and ESS V12 (models by Lennard)
- Added IBA with ALICE webbings (model by Bohemia Interactive and johnhansen)
- fixed bugs in several models (like the doubled ms2000 strobe in the mich 2002)
- Added IBA with chest rig and sds pouches
- Added SPEAR BALCS vests
- Added more bare-uncovered MICH helmets 
- Added more Raid-cut BDU and DCU variants
- Fixed Vests not appearing on Raid BDU models
- Added Molle Medical Pack
- Added Molle Patrol Pack
- coveless mich helmets have a chance to appear on 101AB SLs and TLs (A bit of histoire: 101st AB was issued mich helmets in 2003-2004 in limited numbers, ; however they have no covers.)
- Added Adapters for RH optics; enables RH accesories on the units' weapons replacing RHS ones to a more period-accurate one, including ta01 Acog, Aimpoint M2s, and PEQ2s (All credits goes to Robert Hammer for making this awesome pack). This adapter is turned off by default; this optional adapter is located inside the "optionale" folder inside the mod folder, move it to the addons folder to turn it on.
- Added Woodland version of 101AB, 3ID, 25ID and 2ID groups 
- Added 2003 era SF Units wearing SPEAR vests
- Added 2001 USMC (woodland and desert, all with black boots)
- Added PASGTs in 6-colour desert camo
- Added PASGTs with ESS goggles instead of SWDGs, worn by 101ABs, and some other units
- Updated Covered MICH models
- Added 2001 US Army (woodland and desert, all with black boots and green name-tapes)
- Added 2001 US Army SF, depicting the immediate post-9/11 guys in afghanistan. when CUP units is loaded they will have a chance to spawn with afghan/takistani/watever headgear 
- Added Armoured Engineer Units for US Army factions (All eras, generic ones, and non-light-infntry divisions get them)
- Added 173rd AB OEF 2005: Wearing Raid BDU/DCU, DCU IBAs 
- Added Aircrew survival vest(s),  now all aircrews wear them instead of vanilla tactical vests
- Added ILBVs (on top of IBAs and Standalone versions, comes in m81 and dcu)
- Added Watch Caps, with and without PRR headsets (Models by Lennard)
- also has a watch caps that are meant to be worn under helmets, can be found on the NVG slot
- Added FLCs (on top of IBAs and on its own, in 4 colour schemes; original models made by punky, and given to me for this mod)
- Added Utility and Patrol Caps, in DCU and M81 camos
- Reconfigured Armour and load capacity values on vests (values and config template by lizardbolo)
- Added Fleece Jackets
- Added MOPP suits (DCU and M81 camos) 
- models for mopp suits and fleece jackets are still very crappy WIP tho, will change them in the future if i have a chance, anyhow its crappyness can made less obvious by simply wearin any vest on top of it (: 
- either way they shouldn't stop you from seizing some airfields, or directing airstikes on some taliban infested mountains
- Added MOPP-suited groups of 2003 era Marines
- Added ABUs, and regular BDUs/DCUs with USAF nametapes
- Added optional ACE compatibility pbo for all included eyewear (made by lizardbolo, located in the "optionale" folder under the main modfolder (@simc_uaf_08_rhs), the same folder as the RH Optics adapter)
- glasses are now actually transparent (Credits to both Reyhard and Lennard for helping me fix some issues regarding transparencies, alpha sorting)

- Replaced the mk18s on the 2005s SF to HK416s. now they use a mix of HK416s and M4A1s; while SFs of previous eras uses only M4A1s (except for the marksmen)

- I'm human therefore i might forget to put some stuff on the list, and i may improperly give credits, please do correct me if  i forgot to credit anyone who contributed (:, thanks in advance.

- Also huge thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and ideas!

image albums:

https://imgur.com/a/hdcjLq9

https://imgur.com/a/DaEScEM

https://imgur.com/a/WWkAhrA

Download:

Steam Workshop

I can't believe I forgot to check up on this thread for nearly a week to see if there had been an update. I feel ashamed of myself.

Great job with the new vests, SF gear, and  new helmet camo. There's two issues I noticed while skimming through the new stuff.

1. The USAF DCU with black boots well... Doesn't actually have black boots.

75BD28EF70DE8F30DDB7FAEF3D404BCD8D5A190F

2. Not sure if you did this on purpose or no but all of your models of combat units with kneepads have two sets of CSIBs with one just above the flag patch. Now if this intentional, that's fine. But sometimes it can look weird on the model.

B75C62D4CE08EFBD4F1DB079732C76D133AE625F

Also, I have but two small requests...

Spoiler

1. Bring back the generic BDU and DCU models with flag patches please. It's good to have a standard BDU that doesn't have a flag as a stand-in for other countries that use M81 uniforms, but most US Army BDUs (especially those worn by troops deployed abroad) by the late 90s and early 2000s had flag patches.

2. Add a Raid DCU model that has black boots, kneepads, and a full color flag patch.

I'm so close to a poor man's Black Hawk Down impression that it's making me giddy. I'm sure I don't need to tell you who these two are supposed to be.

6B91035F042CAF260CBE75ED9A730F1A40DCB358

C8501CCE7367B9347DD0075B1EBA2C39B976CC79

04C6D1901427A632C865670EB2EEE5C96ECF2A82

B5AE58117003ADFDA73F83B7584793ACEDBEBFB1

I threw together some of your gear in editor and did a photoshoot. You might recognize what game this is an homage to.

Spoiler

4F00484CD417F8EC5CE4D45C046690B981BF8125

EB3FD3D986A3E65018D82E5189B53CA84D095E85

328FE6F067474D2E8E308059B8CBC557478CC416

7EA2F40DF9D786726DECE93001CCED1A5DA80771

C081A5FC31FB298B182A6255BF31B310A345E7E5

1EB9909023713A3541D2BC473D607A0EEAC9FFC3

38C922AA7CA2D50369F56D0FD087316F6A4186C4

• Like 2

@extracrispi: You know that if You use DeltaHawk units and assets You would get much better representation of Black Hawk Down era units but if You really want You can combine this mod with Zabb s TAC Vests addon that contains things like authentic BHD V1/11 vests black CT vests with AR15 pouches and essentially everything You would need to turn this poor man s BHD units into the rich man s BHD units.

The units from your screens don t feel to me like units from BHD era, they look and feel spot on like Delta/ST6 AFO units from Operation Anaconda, Afghanistan circa 2002 and USMC units Iraq 2004.

Regards.

3 hours ago, extracrispi said:

1. The USAF DCU with black boots well... Doesn't actually have black boots.

2. Not sure if you did this on purpose or no but all of your models of combat units with kneepads have two sets of CSIBs with one just above the flag patch. Now if this intentional, that's fine. But sometimes it can look weird on the model.

I threw together some of your gear in editor and did a photoshoot. You might recognize what game this is an homage to.

1. Thanks for noticing this.

2. It's intentional bcs u know, combat patches that you get after service with the unit etc; and u can change the patch on the right arms to anything you want with bis insignia system

And for those screens, it appears to be vanilla BF2 characters and i hate them with a passion haha :(:

also wasn't the engineer's boonie hat supposed to be m81 instead of marpat?

For the requests:

Idk if i will bring back the standard uniforms with a flag on it. Because the top of the right arm is supposed to be a spot for clan insignia; and so the flag will have to be below it. When ur not playing with any unit, imo it looks very weird. Honestly it's a huge dilema for me

Anyway i do allow reskins etc if you want to, and you can just use setobjecttexture to give any uniforms black boots, not something so hard to learn.

@bolo861 afaik the zab tac vests addons are meant to fit DeltaHawk's uniforms instead? Idk i never tested mine on them personally

On 4/29/2018 at 2:30 PM, simcardo said:

figures; i always see the stencil shadows causing weird shadings on places where it shouldn't have, so i disabled them completely, i thought it would fix it for all shadow settings, but i honestly dont know. I personally don't even play with shadows unless if im making screenshots or vids which i would use very high/ultra shadow settings, but fact is that lower shadow settings has a different method than the higher ones and I only paid attention to the higher settings, and tbh  it's also my fault for never testing it on low shadow settings, i'll take a look at it if i have time

I hope you can also make all the LWH and PASGTversions without the Peltor type headsets, which they didn't actually use with them (only with MICHs), the CUP helmets have the proper headsets from arma 2 iirc.

Also shouldn't the mopp suits also have hoodies? Anyway great mod, it has become my favorite... thanks for all the hard work!

43 minutes ago, coffeeshock said:

I hope you can also make all the LWH and PASGTversions without the Peltor type headsets, which they didn't actually use with them (only with MICHs), the CUP helmets have the proper headsets from arma 2 iirc.

Also shouldn't the mopp suits also have hoodies? Anyway great mod, it has become my favorite... thanks for all the hard work!

heh noone told me bout the peltors and pasgts before; I thought peltors were used also but, I don't think i've seen pics of peltors in use with PASGTs/LWHs before so maybe i will change them in the future. Thanks for the insight

as for the mopp suit, i have stated in the changelog that the model is still very crappy and i will revisit them sometime in the future, but for now i sort of intentionally left the hoodie out to avoid clipping with the IBAs neck protector parts, maybe later i'll find a way (i hope)

afaik the zab tac vests addons are meant to fit DeltaHawk's uniforms instead? Idk i never tested mine on them personally

In Zabb s mod there are versions of the vests designed for DeltaHawks uniforms and there are also versions of the vests fitted and weighted for standard uniforms. The standard ones fit perfectly your uniforms the CT vests variants too.

6 hours ago, bolo861 said:

@extracrispi: You know that if You use DeltaHawk units and assets You would get much better representation of Black Hawk Down era units but if You really want You can combine this mod with Zabb s TAC Vests addon that contains things like authentic BHD V1/11 vests black CT vests with AR15 pouches and essentially everything You would need to turn this poor man s BHD units into the rich man s BHD units.

The units from your screens don t feel to me like units from BHD era, they look and feel spot on like Delta/ST6 AFO units from Operation Anaconda, Afghanistan circa 2002 and USMC units Iraq 2004.

Regards.

Yeah except Delta Hawk's stuff doesn't have flag patches or kneepads and the DCU only comes with tan boots. Also Delta was already using modified DCUs by 1993 so the Raid DCU makes more sense. As for vests, they're the one thing I'm willing to compromise so long as they're dark colored and have a flag patch (which they do).

@simcardo Correct! Those are the original classes from Battlefield 2.

6 hours ago, simcardo said:

And for those screens, it appears to be vanilla BF2 characters and i hate them with a passion haha :(:

also wasn't the engineer's boonie hat supposed to be m81 instead of marpat?

Yeah I think the devs made the decision to switch the US faction from US Army to US Marines and from BDU/DCU uniforms to MCCUUs mid-way through development to better reflect the then current Iraq War (just because it was biggest thing on the news with the Battle of Fallujah and whatnot) but didn't bother making any other changes hence why the IBAs all come in DCU (even on woodland maps wtf) instead of tan and the Marines are all wearing flag patches. I honestly think they should've just stuck with the BDUs because first, BDUs don't get nearly enough love in video games (those morons at Danger Close were more than happy to make the 2010 Medal of Honor reboot with ACUs in 2002 though), and  second, the MCCUU is clearly just a cheap retexture with none of the other necessary changes. 

And yes, the Engineer class does use a woodland boonie hat but I forgot about that while I was putting the loadout together (I never played as that class anyway, always Assault, Medic, or Spec Ops for me).

6 hours ago, simcardo said:

For the requests:

Idk if i will bring back the standard uniforms with a flag on it. Because the top of the right arm is supposed to be a spot for clan insignia; and so the flag will have to be below it. When ur not playing with any unit, imo it looks very weird. Honestly it's a huge dilema for me

Only problem with that is BI set customizable patches on the left arm. Also not every unit wore CSIBs on the right shoulder. Many opted for the left instead.

Frankly I think it would good to have a default Army BDU/DCU (with the various accouterments like kneepads, black boots, and whatnot) with just a flag patch and then players would be free to add whatever CSIB they want on the left arm. Alternatively you could make the US flag a BI patch and find a way to attach it to the right arm instead of the left. For when you want a plain look, you could add a BDU/DCU that has all insignia and markings removed (i.e. no service branch nametape, flag patch, CSIB) to could fill that niche of being any generic US Military unit and even foreign armies that use the BDU.

US-_Solder.jpg

And on the subject of the tactical fleeces, Sgt. Cooper (protagonist of the original ArmA II campaign) wears one and his character actually has the fleece correctly modeled. I'm fairly certain it was ported with CUP too so you could lift the model from there.

00315213.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, extracrispi said:

Yeah I think the devs made the decision to switch the US faction from US Army to US Marines and from BDU/DCU uniforms to MCCUUs mid-way through development to better reflect the then current Iraq War (just because it was biggest thing on the news with the Battle of Fallujah and whatnot) but didn't bother making any other changes hence why the IBAs all come in DCU (even on woodland maps wtf) instead of tan and the Marines are all wearing flag patches. I honestly think they should've just stuck with the BDUs because first, BDUs don't get nearly enough love in video games (those morons at Danger Close were more than happy to make the 2010 Medal of Honor reboot with ACUs in 2002 though)

yeah this kind of thing really kills me lol; and as far as i remember it was EA's direct decision to kill the BDUs/DCUs in MOH2010, and told danger close to give them a more contemporary and modern look; retarded decision anyway it was possibly the same case for BF2

Only problem with that is BI set customizable patches on the left arm. Also not every unit wore CSIBs on the right shoulder. Many opted for the left instead.

it's up to anyone who models it, to set whether customisable patches are to be on the left arm or not; and on some of my uniforms you can change the patches on their right arm, see for yourself

the patch on the right shoulder is not a unit-specific thing, but rather individual. The one on the left is worn for units that you're currently in service with, while one is allowed to wear a patch of any units that you have served (or seen combat with?) with before, or temporarily attached to, on the right shoulder (sort of awarded or something); that is as far as i know, Do correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who knows more (:

here's some examples: 

Spoiler

dbatt3june11.jpg

these guys are of 173AB, but the guy on the left wears a 1AD combat patch, which means he has served with 1AD before.

7ccfe74e8b54a4e4f5f23cbccde5dff4.jpg

Men of psyops unit attached to 2ID

CSA-2005-06-22-081040.jpg

I've even seen soldiers in ACUs wearing a USMC 2MARDIV combat patch; fuck tho i cant find the pic anymore 

2 hours ago, extracrispi said:

Frankly I think it would good to have a default Army BDU/DCU (with the various accouterments like kneepads, black boots, and whatnot) with just a flag patch and then players would be free to add whatever CSIB they want on the left arm

you can already add any patch on the left arm for the default blank uniforms; now for the right arm flag, the option is either having a flag and no clan (squad.xml) slot, or having a squad.xml slot without flag, or having both, but then the flag will be positioned lower below the squad.xml slot, and in my opinion it looks really awkward when you're not part of any units therefore u have no clan patch; at the moment i really don't know which one's the best option lol

And on the subject of the tactical fleeces, Sgt. Cooper (protagonist of the original ArmA II campaign) wears one and his character actually has the fleece correctly modeled. I'm fairly certain it was ported with CUP too so you could lift the model from there.

I'm pretty sure it's an entirely different model from what i'm going for

special-forces-franks.jpg

• Like 4

Small Update

- Fixed USAF DCU (Black boots) not having black boots (thanks extracrispi for discovering this bug)
- Improved trouser models on all uniforms
- improved thermal imaging on some models (helmets, watch caps, and some idk)
- Peltor headsets on PASGT type helmets replaced with PRR ones (thanks to coffeeshock, for the insight)
- Fixed armour values on DCU-coloured flak vests (credits to bolo861 for noticing the oversight)

• Like 7

I know it's a never ending list of things to fix, but...

-6-color Desert is also known as "Desert Battle Dress Uniform" or "DBDU." It's a bit more concise way of putting it. Or you could go with Roberthammer's way and just call it "Desert," or "6CD." 

-The PASGT DCU SWDG NV non-SpecB (what an eloquent name lol) has the same display name as the non-NV mount one. Also, adding an "HS" as in "HeadSet" designator to the SpecB helmets would be nice, though this is not a big deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

-6-color Desert is also known as "Desert Battle Dress Uniform" or "DBDU." It's a bit more concise way of putting it. Or you could go with Roberthammer's way and just call it "Desert," or "6CD." 

Lol this was also kind of a dilema for me if i should call it DBDU or 6 colour or 6CD, or even choco chip haha, because somehow i overthink the fact that "DBDU" refers to the whole set of uniform instead of the camo name; just like saying ACU to refer to UCP etc 

(Previously before update released i've also renamed DCU to tricolour desert but then decided that its awkward to call it anything other than DCU lel)

But I think you're right to call it DBDU as it'll be shorter and more consistent.

And I guess I'll properly designate the headset versions too at some point, and will probably add editor icons

• Like 3