10 hours ago, bolo861 said:

@extracrispi: Yes, US Navy VBSS vests are actually cool. And thanks for the link to the randomisation script.

Don't mention it.

D-Do you think maybe we could get the Flotation Vest System and Tactical Floatation Vest as fun little random addons in the Arsenal like what RHS does with M1942 patterned LWH?

huck_c10.jpg

United_States_Navy_SEALs_637.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

randomization scripts are really annoying to me, I often tweak loadouts in the editor and the script overrides them.

Yes, I also have doughts if randomisation script in this particular case is a good idea.

Regards.

Afaik when you edit a unit loadout in editor it automatically disables randomisation on that unit?

• Like 1

Hey simcardo, I was looking through your stuff today and there's a fairly serious bug that needs addressing.

Vests don't show up in first person view with your Raid BDU. I'll demonstrate.

Third person view: You can see I'm using CIRAS armor

EDFB4CC0CAE3016200D318B02FFDC3B61A2C288E

Same loadout in first person view: No vest at all

3378AA90E0681637C8BC96708E039FFFDC86D066

I tried multiple vests across a bunch of your uniforms and it looks like only Raid BDUs and DCU have this problem where none of the vests show up in first person. Regular BDUs and your ACUs work just fine though.

• Like 1

thanks, it must be missing the vest proxy (accidentally deleted or something), i'll adress that.

On 16.02.2018 at 2:37 PM, simcardo said:

Afaik when you edit a unit loadout in editor it automatically disables randomisation on that unit?

If I understand this correctly, it workd other way armound, randomisation scripts could override edited loadouts like it happens to me using Project Opfor units? Havn t tested it extensively yet.

• Like 1

Easy workaround to this is spawning vanilla unarmed rifleman from the side you want and loading gear on him. Then you can customize it and it won't change.

45 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

If I understand this correctly, it workd other way armound, randomisation scripts could override edited loadouts like it happens to me using Project Opfor units? Havn t tested it extensively yet.

Same thing happened to me, though with a different mod.

oh alright, then it would appear that it was only the BI randomise function that gets automatically disabled when you change loadouts in editor, sadly it only works with headgears (or maybe theres also a function to randomise uniforms/vests without my knowledge??) and nothing else

6 hours ago, simcardo said:

thanks, it must be missing the vest proxy (accidentally deleted or something), i'll adress that.

Don't mention it. And I wondering, how do you make the helmets ingame? Are you just porting older existing models or did you make them yourself? Asking because your PASGT model seems to lack the distinctive shape that the RHS PASGT model has. It's not a big issue or anything though.

4 minutes ago, extracrispi said:

Don't mention it. And I wondering, how do you make the helmets ingame? Are you just porting older existing models or did you make them yourself? Asking because your PASGT model seems to lack the distinctive shape that the RHS PASGT model has. It's not a big issue or anything though.

a mix of both, there are some parts that i made myself but for the most part the base helmet shell model like on the pasgt/lwh is from a2 (i added some parts like the band, made new strap models and also SWDGs myself; in my mind, these models do well and are accurate enough so if it aint broke why fix lol)

1 hour ago, simcardo said:

in my mind, these models do well and are accurate enough so if it aint broke why fix lol

True that. We would've been better to heed that wisdom with the BDU rather than replacing it with a bunch of shitty individual service uniforms. But it seems all the services except the Marines are run by blind idiots when it comes to camouflage.

1508199266689.png

Although IMO your units would look a lot nicer with the RHS PASGT model, I won't be complaining about it if you decide to stay with the A2 models.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, extracrispi said:

Although IMO your units would look a lot nicer with the RHS PASGT model, I won't be complaining about it if you decide to stay with the A2 models.

I guess this is what loadout customisation is for haha

but my main reason of not using the (rather objectively superior) RHS model is of course, i do not have access to it, therefore i can't add any variations that i intend to have, like the SWD goggles, the headsets, camo scrims, and having it with/without band, etc; besides the RHS PASGT seem to have a different set of chinstraps similar to that of the LWH, instead of what it originally have

ofc its possible to add these addons like goggles and shit thru nvg slots or facewear slot but what the hell i prefer not to lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simcardo said:

I guess this is what loadout customisation is for haha

but my main reason of not using the (rather objectively superior) RHS model is of course, i do not have access to it, therefore i can't add any variations that i intend to have, like the SWD goggles, the headsets, camo scrims, and having it with/without band, etc; besides the RHS PASGT seem to have a different set of chinstraps similar to that of the LWH, instead of what it originally have

ofc its possible to add these addons like goggles and shit thru nvg slots or facewear slot but what the hell i prefer not to lol

I see. I thought they did let you add things like goggles since you ACHs had them.

Spoiler

Then I realized all the ACH models already have ESS goggles and scrim.

7 hours ago, extracrispi said:

True that. We would've been better to heed that wisdom with the BDU rather than replacing it with a bunch of shitty individual service uniforms. But it seems all the services except the Marines are run by blind idiots when it comes to camouflage.

Yeah, but the BDU and DCU color mix made them stick out like a sore thumb when viewed through NODs, and there was room for improvement on the uniform functionality itself anyways. Furthermore, the geometry of the BDU camouflage pattern dated back to the 1940s and more modern techniques were available, such as CADPAT and what became Multicam. The Marines were special really only because they got the colors roughly correct the first time and even got the NOD factor decently right and just needed to apply a darkening spray coat to make it a bit less IR reflective, which coincidentally made MARPAT woodland more effective in... woodland. And I hope I don't have to provide examples of how Tigerstripe with good colors is a very effective pattern. The CADPAT pattern geometry itself is excellent, as is good ol' Tiggerstripe, the Army, Navy Blue, and Air Force colorations aren't. ACU is already gone, Blueberry is on its way out, and I wouldn't be surprised if ABU is next. (Hey Air Force: protip if you're listening. Adopt the ACU in tigerstripe with sane colors. Tru-spec already sells something similar in All Terrain Tiger. Boom, distinctive AF camo, actually decent uniform) 

As for the uniforms themselves, the fact that the ACU is still being utilized but in improved form with a new lick of paint should say enough despite room for further improvement (hey army, orange doesn't work in jungle :P), and the fact that the ABU is universally despised and nobody understood the Blurberries should say more. Both the Marines and the Army have good uniforms. We're better off in the long run to keep the BDUs in the past.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

Yeah, but the BDU and DCU color mix made them stick out like a sore thumb when viewed through NODs, and there was room for improvement on the uniform functionality itself anyways. Furthermore, the geometry of the BDU camouflage pattern dated back to the 1940s and more modern techniques were available, such as CADPAT and what became Multicam. The Marines were special really only because they got the colors roughly correct the first time and even got the NOD factor decently right and just needed to apply a darkening spray coat to make it a bit less IR reflective, which coincidentally made MARPAT woodland more effective in... woodland. And I hope I don't have to provide examples of how Tigerstripe with good colors is a very effective pattern. The CADPAT pattern geometry itself is excellent, as is good ol' Tiggerstripe, the Army, Navy Blue, and Air Force colorations aren't. ACU is already gone, Blueberry is on its way out, and I wouldn't be surprised if ABU is next. (Hey Air Force: protip if you're listening. Adopt the ACU in tigerstripe with sane colors. Tru-spec already sells something similar in All Terrain Tiger. Boom, distinctive AF camo, actually decent uniform) 

Yeah, if a US soldier gets spotted by someone wearing NODs, he's pretty much screwed anyway because there's about a dozen things he's got on his person that are going to give him away. Most notably a black rifle, infrared lasers, NOD devices themselves (on account that they give out a green glow that can be spotted even with a naked eye), and cat-eyes on his helmet. Also there's a pretty good chance if you're facing someone with regular night vision, that they're gonna have thermals too, at which point, you could be wearing a clown costume or the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter and it wouldn't matter in the slightest.

As for the pattern, it may have been 60 years old but it nonetheless worked for the most part. I don't see how it warranted a $5  billion program that produced many consider to be an inferior product. And I frankly find the entire idea of a "universal camouflage" pattern utterly ridiculous. Having a very special pattern for use in mixed climates is fine and all, but adopting it as the standard for the entire planet is a painfully stupid decision.

I think the Marines actually considered adopting their own version of Tigerstripe when the MCCUU was first in development. I wish they had gone with it instead to be honest. At the very least, it would've been a proper homage to the Vietnam era rather than just copying the Canadians.

MARPAT_MCCUU_Prototypes_Removable_Sleeve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, extracrispi said:

Yeah, if a US soldier gets spotted by someone wearing NODs, he's pretty much screwed anyway because there's about a dozen things he's got on his person that are going to give him away. Most notably a black rifle, infrared lasers, NOD devices themselves (on account that they give out a green glow that can be spotted even with a naked eye), and cat-eyes on his helmet. Also there's a pretty good chance if you're facing someone with regular night vision, that they're gonna have thermals too, at which point, you could be wearing a clown costume or the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter and it wouldn't matter in the slightest.

As for the pattern, it may have been 60 years old but it nonetheless worked for the most part. I don't see how it warranted a $5  billion program that produced many consider to be an inferior product. And I frankly find the entire idea of a "universal camouflage" pattern utterly ridiculous. Having a very special pattern for use in mixed climates is fine and all, but adopting it as the standard for the entire planet is a painfully stupid decision.

I think the Marines actually considered adopting their own version of Tigerstripe when the MCCUU was first in development. I wish they had gone with it instead to be honest. At the very least, it would've been a proper homage to the Vietnam era rather than just copying the Canadians.

It was definitely odd going to a digital pattern in 2003. Seeing the shift between uniforms was interesting. Never saw the tigerstripe prototype. 

• Like 1

Tigerstripe is love...

But CAPDAT is good, too. And if you were to do a universal pattern, you could do much worse then Multicam or Scorpion. Still, if Army is already issuing a Jungle pattern uniform, might as well give it proper colors. Then again, this is the US Army we're talking about :P

Army could also do with adopting a copy of USMC Disruptive Overwhites or CADPAT WA. Something tells me the Marines are not going to mind the Army use of DOW as much as they would "proper" MARPAT. Furthermore, Marines really need to dig out some overwhite PASGT covers or make DOW ones. Thinking more, both the Marines and the Army appear to be kind of lax about camouflage in snowy environments. Armor over the overwhites instead of underneath + a load bearing vest seems too common. Same for an apparent lack of rucksack covers or overwhite netting for rifles; or even white duct tape a la Modern Warfare 2. I know there are few environments where we're expected to fight in snow in the foreseeable future but getting caught like Germany did in 41 would be embarrassing for what is supposedly the best military on the planet :face_palm:

7 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

As for the uniforms themselves, the fact that the ACU is still being utilized but in improved form with a new lick of paint should say enough despite room for further improvement (hey army, orange doesn't work in jungle :P), and the fact that the ABU is universally despised and nobody understood the Blurberries should say more. Both the Marines and the Army have good uniforms. We're better off in the long run to keep the BDUs in the past.

You nailed it.

As for the pattern, it may have been 60 years old but it nonetheless worked for the most part.

For the most part... The M81 certainly worked rather well in specific tactical conditions for which it was designed to work as evolution of ERDL pattern. The tectical requirement in late 1970s was to distort the human shape  visible in the distance of 100 meters on the background of central european leaf forest, nothing more, nothing less. That was deemed adequate for US Army postured to fight large scale mechanized warfare in places like Fulda Gap. That s why the contrast, shape and size of the camo blobs are as they are. (ie. contrast is to sharp/dark and size of camo pattern is to big to do enything else well). The byproduct of this is that M81 pattern works rather well in jungle environment, even better then digital (because of pixel shape - show me the leaf in shape of the pixel in nature) and multicam (because of color palette - although base color based on OG107 is very good) patterns. 

• Like 1

Update: 24 April 2018

- Improved textures in general, and most specular maps are also improved to reduce shine (specifically on the IR flag, increased shine)
- Improved All uniform models
- Added desert uniforms with black boots 
- replaced battery pack model, and added ANVIS mount for one of the bare MICH helmets (models by Lennard
- Added PVS7s (by Bohemia Interacive from A2 sample models, rhino mount model by Lennard
- Added Birth Control Glasses and ESS V12 (models by Lennard)
- Added IBA with ALICE webbings (model by Bohemia Interactive and johnhansen)
- fixed bugs in several models (like the doubled ms2000 strobe in the mich 2002)
- Added IBA with chest rig and sds pouches
- Added SPEAR BALCS vests
- Added more bare-uncovered MICH helmets 
- Added more Raid-cut BDU and DCU variants
- Fixed Vests not appearing on Raid BDU models
- Added Molle Medical Pack
- Added Molle Patrol Pack
- coveless mich helmets have a chance to appear on 101AB SLs and TLs (A bit of histoire: 101st AB was issued mich helmets in 2003-2004 in limited numbers, ; however they have no covers.)
- Added Adapters for RH optics; enables RH accesories on the units' weapons replacing RHS ones to a more period-accurate one, including ta01 Acog, Aimpoint M2s, and PEQ2s (All credits goes to Robert Hammer for making this awesome pack). This adapter is turned off by default; this optional adapter is located inside the "optionale" folder inside the mod folder, move it to the addons folder to turn it on.
- Added Woodland version of 101AB, 3ID, 25ID and 2ID groups 
- Added 2003 era SF Units wearing SPEAR vests
- Added 2001 USMC (woodland and desert, all with black boots)
- Added PASGTs in 6-colour desert camo
- Added PASGTs with ESS goggles instead of SWDGs, worn by 101ABs, and some other units
- Updated Covered MICH models
- Added 2001 US Army (woodland and desert, all with black boots and green name-tapes)
- Added 2001 US Army SF, depicting the immediate post-9/11 guys in afghanistan. when CUP units is loaded they will have a chance to spawn with afghan/takistani/watever headgear 
- Added Armoured Engineer Units for US Army factions (All eras, generic ones, and non-light-infntry divisions get them)
- Added 173rd AB OEF 2005: Wearing Raid BDU/DCU, DCU IBAs 
- Added Aircrew survival vest(s),  now all aircrews wear them instead of vanilla tactical vests
- Added ILBVs (on top of IBAs and Standalone versions, comes in m81 and dcu)
- Added Watch Caps, with and without PRR headsets (Models by Lennard)
- also has a watch caps that are meant to be worn under helmets, can be found on the NVG slot
- Added FLCs (on top of IBAs and on its own, in 4 colour schemes; original models made by punky, and given to me for this mod)
- Added Utility and Patrol Caps, in DCU and M81 camos
- Reconfigured Armour and load capacity values on vests (values and config template by lizardbolo)
- Added Fleece Jackets
- Added MOPP suits (DCU and M81 camos) 
- models for mopp suits and fleece jackets are still very crappy WIP tho, will change them in the future if i have a chance, anyhow its crappyness can made less obvious by simply wearin any vest on top of it (: 
- either way they shouldn't stop you from seizing some airfields, or directing airstikes on some taliban infested mountains
- Added MOPP-suited groups of 2003 era Marines
- Added ABUs, and regular BDUs/DCUs with USAF nametapes
- Added optional ACE compatibility pbo for all included eyewear (made by lizardbolo, located in the "optionale" folder under the main modfolder (@simc_uaf_08_rhs), the same folder as the RH Optics adapter)
- glasses are now actually transparent (Credits to both Reyhard and Lennard for helping me fix some issues regarding transparencies, alpha sorting)

- Replaced the mk18s on the 2005s SF to HK416s. now they use a mix of HK416s and M4A1s; while SFs of previous eras uses only M4A1s (except for the marksmen)

- I'm human therefore i might forget to put some stuff on the list, and i may improperly give credits, please do correct me if  i forgot to credit anyone who contributed (:, thanks in advance.

- Also huge thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and ideas!

image albums:

https://imgur.com/a/hdcjLq9

https://imgur.com/a/DaEScEM

https://imgur.com/a/WWkAhrA

Download:

Steam Workshop

Edited by simcardo
Typos and forgot some stuff
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Wow! Nice update. So great to have a mod of this caliber covering my favourite period. Thanks!

• Like 3

I have to say, you've really stepped up the quality, consistency, accuracy, and especially the variety with this update!

You've really shown just what can be done with a bit of model polishing and really good textures to what are actually some very old assets. The fact that they look so much newer than they actually are is very impressive, and I'm glad you're still kicking :rthumb:

latest?cb=20130609224958

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MOLLE FLC, for when you absolutely, positively must have an American flag or the letters US on every piece of your kit XD

Speaking of which, another thing I'm impressed with is that all of the little details have been carefully accounted for. Proper thermal textures, cat eyes that are actually reflective (and placed on the outside of scrim), IR Flags that reflect properly in thermal, things that are missed by so many other mods (COUGH rhs COUGH) that you remembered. Absolutely outstanding!

DB96C3DE5103DCEBB657FE85CC520CCF3436BA76

D8EB2D0F0689D41CC9ADD798FAA659665BA89887

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1