Sign in to follow this  
brsseb

Plane get "stuck" in ground like glue.wont takeoff

Hi

Made a plane and it has a serious problem. It has a model lod, geo lod (with mass and component 01..05 etc), Memory LOD and a view pilot lod (excactly like model lod right now). If I in the editor choose "flying" to start ingame, the thing flies nicely. Its a ww2 taildragger, tricycle landinggear.

But when i try to land and take of again (or starting the game inplane onground), it cant take off. Why? Because somehow it cant travel more than 7 on the ground, even tough its capable of going in 250 in the air. It seems like it sticks to the gound somehow. Same when I land, once i touch the gound, it stops almost emediatly, and 7 is maxspeed again...

Anyone had such troubles?

brsseb

whats the mass you used?

i dont know if that is too much but maybe lower the mass or lower the mas in the front part and add more mass in the backpart so it can takeoff easyer, i had the MH47E with 7500 and it didnt takeoff so i made it 5000 and it took off then i got back to o2 and started spreading the mass over the helo

Well, lowered the mass to 6000 and spread it more. First I tought I should have the center of gravity near the front-part of the wing (about 30% from the left start of wing, like in some real planes), but that didnt seem to do the ofp engine any good (aka the plane was way too jumpy and hard to control).

Now I have the c.o.g further back, and not it takes off nicely..but stalls and drops to the gound again. Guess I`ll just have to find that excact edge between too frontheavy and too rearheavy.

Buy the way, had some trouble with getting the Viewpilot class right. Ive gotten the zoomlevel ok, but it seems like the pointofview is too high up, one head over the real pilot proxys head. How do I lower it? (without lowering the proxy). In other words, the proxys line of sight doesnt match up with the ingame 1st person line of sight.

brsseb

I have the same problem my Fa-18 can't moving from the land or after a bath in Evron.

I have tryed moving mass to rear, but it seems to be not the solution. what points can I make, I'm sure a solution existe, the Su25 can do it very nice.

Some idiea confused.gif

Brsseb - this might be a silly question, but did you make a landcontact LOD?

Just that you didnt mention it at the top is all. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skaircro @ Jan. 01 2003,07:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Brsseb - this might be a silly question, but did you make a landcontact LOD?

Just that you didnt mention it at the top is all.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Every moving object (aka not houses, trees and roadsigns) have LandContact LOD.

brsseb

biggrin.gif

I mean I have found the soluce in BIS Camel cpp, I have added some line and My plane take off nicely now.

added lines :

landingSpeed=75;

landingAoa="3.5*3.1415/180";

flapsFrictionCoef=2;

aileronSensitivity = 0.4;

elevatorSensitivity = 0.4;

noseDownCoef=0.025000;

Look in 1.90 it has a noseDownCoef maybe is the response.

Please take me informed if it's work

THX

The nose Down Coefficient was there since 1.0. If I'm not totally wrong it means how much the nose of a plane goes down during a turn...

PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ Jan. 03 2003,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The nose Down Coefficient was there since 1.0. If I'm not totally wrong it means how much the nose of a plane goes down during a turn...

PSC<span id='postcolor'>

I think you have right, but after I have added those line, my plane take off and befor it does't.

confused.gif?? wink.gif

BTW, a max speed of 7 would mean that it could only

do 7km/h (or mph?) anyways you need at least 100km/h

to fly, otherwise you'll never get off the ground smile.gif Also,

there isn't anything in the geometry/memory lods that

would prevent a plane from flying - it might make it

almost uncontrollable but it could still fly.

i had too much mass on the MH47E and it even didnt show up above the ground lol