Sign in to follow this  
killjoyau73

[SP] Ambush - OFP Remake

A remake of the Operation Flashpoint single mission "AMBUSH", using CUP USMC units.

This one should resonate with some of us old school OFP players. I remember playing this demo mission from a demo disc attached to a PCGAMER mag back in the day, and I lost my mind at how amazing it was.

The mission was a tough rock to crack. Very hard to get the AI to cooperate and for the mission to flow as it used too back in OFP. But finally, I've got it working to a playable standard.
It's still hard though, you need to pull your weight in the squad and accept the fact the AI can be unpredictable. You'll probably need to revert to a save once or twice.

So please enjoy this mission because I put a lot of work, time and effort into making it and getting it just right.

Link to Steam Workshop -------  Ambush - OFP Remake

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Hah, first pic brings back so many memories. I must have seen that intro a million times since Ambush was my favorite mission. Which version is this though because this mission got changed quite a bit up until 1.96.

Yeah me too mate. It's based off 1.96. The original DEMO ending just wouldn't come together properly so I did the full release version.

Nice! I think my first OFP demo mission was Steal the car, steal the car was so realistic for me like it was seriously hard for me, same for Ambush then that i quit for a month came back and never looked back.

I was so used to Call of Duty (first game), Medal of Honor, Wolfenstein, ect, games that OFP introduced me to a more "real" serious, and simulated warfare, after i bought OFP i must have played

Ambush a 100 times with FFur mod, the first time i played Ambush i had no idea what to expect, i mean i was actually scared, lol, will definitely check this mission out, thanks for your work!