Sign in to follow this  
Starker

Carry All Items on Vest

Is it possible to allow all items to be carried on a vest? I noticed that some items, missiles, tool kits, medical kits, etc, cannot be carried on a vest even if their encumbrance is less than the capacity of the vest. Example: the Titan AA missile has an encumbrance of 100, but it cannot be loaded (attached to) the LBV, which has a capacity of 160.

In my scenarios, I try to emulate reality by giving the players backpacks that are larger or smaller based on the endurance of the mission or whether they are operating with a vehicle or not. They often drop their backpacks if they are sufficient heavy when in an intense fight to save their stamina. it would be nice if they could strap a single missile, satchel charge, etc to their vest for such situations. Bear in mind, even the largest items like missiles only occupy about 2/3 of a the average vests's capacity, leaving room for ~4 magazines and ~4 RGOs, so this should be tactically viable.

There are two stats for a carrying "thing" - an inventory size and a carrying capacity.  The size is the biggest single thing that can go in, while the carrying capacity is the max "weight" it can hold.  The LBV has an inventory size of 30 with a carrying capacity of 160, but the Titan AA has an inventory size of 100 - it's not too heavy, it's just too bulky to fit on the LBV.

Here's a thread on Steam about these values as of 1.68, it looks like:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/19/617329150703398110/

That said, you could probably write a config patch to mod the LBV (or whatever vest you spec for your players) to increase the inventory size.