jacknorrisuk

The best way of tidying up satellite image after object placement?

So, object placement on my terrain is coming along (slowly but) nicely, having painfully aligned many objects with elements visible on the satellite image. It's almost time for me to start thinking about ironing out the remaining inaccuracies from the satellite image that I simply can't sufficiently smother with the right objects - all sorts of weird colours and shapes, things out of scale etc...

So, the mask tool in Photoshop is obviously a good place to start for removing things in the satellite that aren't there - but what about the other way round? Ie, re-photographing my terrain with placed objects from above, so that my sat image reflects the object placement, and road textures too - as closely as possible. Is there an official way of doing this? Or do I need to hack it with some screenshot aerial photography in Eden? :p

You can export Roads and Objects as "shape to image" from terrainbuilder and use them in Photoshop as separate layers. At least for roads that helps a lot. Dont know if it is nessecary to put buildings etc on the satmap.

• Like 1