I noticed that the view in 1st person changes when flying at speeds above approx. 20 km/h. While staying below 20 km/h there is a slight zoom so that you can see almost nothing of the cockpit interior whereas when flying it is zoomed out so you can see about a fourth of the cockpit interior. I only noticed this change of view in the huron, it doesnt occur in the pawnee for example. I want to either invert this so I am zoomed out when landing (flying below 20 km/h) for better situational awereness or deactivate it. Is there an option to do so?

If you have a mouse wwithe forward/back buttons, you might have clutched it tightly by accident when landing and zoomed in using forward. Never seen that happen in any helicopter except for when I hit the forward button. Pro tip: zooming out while in first person will let you see all the instruments.

The zoom has been an issue in game since A3 came out.

They somehow fixed all zooming out with the jets DLC, but that is for jets only, vehicles are all over the place with this nonsensical zoom out.

Take the hatchback sports as an example, if you go above 200km/h, which is possible on most roads with this car due to insane acceleration, you can't make out anything in front of you because of the ridiculous amount of zoom applied by the game.

Now I get it that zoom is being used to give a sense of speed but it should be tied to acceleration instead, since speaking from own experience if you're going beyond 200km/h you focus on what's going on in front of you, you're not suddenly being more aware of what's going on around you, how those cows are having a nice time on their meadow etc. It would make more sense to get a slight zoom in instead.

I can't think of any modern game that still utilizes zoom out to give a sense of speed. Not even GTA V does this.

Then this arcade-ish zoom out does not only happen to drivers/pilots, but also for passengers as well.

Take the huron, passenger in a stationary huron:

0OIa6UQ.jpg

Now the huron goes around 200km/h:

uqdbPbd.jpg

This has been discussed ad-nauseam, it's most likely a simple config tweak but has got no attention yet or never will, who knows.

Cheers

On 23-7-2017 at 8:31 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Huron interior

That's a gigantic Huron you are flying there ;-)

I don't have that pilot seat speed zoom on Huron. I think there was some head range mod that did that, but it was fixed some time ago. So make sure you have the latest version if you're using it.

The passenger view is still zooming though, both on Huron and Blackfish, and like Grumpy said, there's a very simple config value to fix it. At least for the pilot views, but I assume the passengers and car drivers have the same thing.