Sign in to follow this  
FW200

Maya OFP character animation kit

Post of teacup:

---------------------------------

Hey.

Some of you may have noticed that the OFPInternals website

is down. It will probably stay like that for a while..

OFPInternals is taking a break.

I'm not.

So here's my improvised "tool" for making new .rtm animation with Maya:

http://www.spunge.org/~ntib/Maya2rtm.zip

And here's the sample some of you may have seen:

http://www.spunge.org/~ntib/CustomRTMs.zip

I'm really sorry about the quality of the thing, but hey, i'm just

an animator.. Hopefully i'll get to fix those bugs, and add some

new features.

Cheers

----------------------------------------

PS Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong part of this forum

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 19 2002,08:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFPInternals is taking a break.<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif

So much for p3d edit.

Anyway, the rest is very good news. I hope we have some modellers that use Maya since the ability to create new animation is a big step for ofp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So much for p3d edit.<span id='postcolor'>

I always suspected the truth about the existence of this tool...the screens just never convinced me.

Call me a skeptic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always suspected the truth about the existence of this tool...the screens just never convinced me.

Call me a skeptic.<span id='postcolor'>

its not a trick the screens and program are real

never seen the edited hummer by FlipeR, the OH58 with hellfires? or are those shots also a fake?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 19 2002,08:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So here's my improvised "tool" for making new .rtm animation with Maya:<span id='postcolor'>

So it's the fact thats it's improvised which makes it a little lower gradage wink.gif But a very useful tool anyhow, hats off to teacup smile.gif

OFPInternals is not taking a break from what I have read, only that their webhost is upset with their bandwidth usage and had "cut" them off for the time being.

gren

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 19 2002,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always suspected the truth about the existence of this tool...the screens just never convinced me.

never seen the edited hummer by FlipeR, the OH58 with hellfires? or are those shots also a fake?<span id='postcolor'>

If you go back and read the forum posts about those, FlipeR admitted to the OH58 and Hummer being models that were made in Oxygen and that use the BIS textures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you go back and read the forum posts about those, FlipeR admitted to the OH58 and Hummer being models that were made in Oxygen and that use the BIS textures.

<span id='postcolor'>

i dont have to go back to the forums because he told me himself he opened with p3dedit and saved to mlod and edited in o2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 19 2002,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I always suspected the truth about the existence of this tool...the screens just never convinced me.

never seen the edited hummer by FlipeR, the OH58 with hellfires? or are those shots also a fake?<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, those are the shots I'm talking about...like I said...I'm a skeptic.

---------------------------------

skep·tic also scep·tic

n.

One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

If i was Major Fubar, i'd probably play it like Major Fubar.  smile.gif

"There's no such thing as P3DEdit"

"Oh yeah,... then show it to me"

Anyway, to add to the list of sightings: i've seen it. Actually, i have a recent version of it.

m16a2m203: You made me courious. Where did you read that?

Hmm....although this little diddy has got me quite excited. I have a problem, I am a Lightwave user and can't convert my .lws files .ma sad.gif Does anyone know of a conversion tool or plugin for LW that may let me do this? And don't suggest Deep Exploration, because for some reason it can' open the objects in my .lws file and gives me some error, thus not letting me convert. Any help would be much appreciated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (teaCup @ Nov. 20 2002,09:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i was Major Fubar, i'd probably play it like Major Fubar.  smile.gif

Anyway, to add to the list of sightings: i've seen it. Actually, i have a recent version of it.

m16a2m203: You made me courious. Where did you read that?<span id='postcolor'>

For sure. When it is released and I have seen it in action, I will be the first to admit I was wrong... wink.gif

PiNs_Da_Smoka: FW200 ignored the title of the original post, which was something like "Maya character animation kit". So, bad news: you can only animate your soldiers with it. If you want to animate something else, you would have to make changes to the script and the binary. It's not an all purpose animation kit. Yet.

You could try converting your Lightwave scenes into an intermediary format, then comvert them to .ma.

We need a moveable (spelling?) cannon. Or a heavy Recoiless rifle.

Shoot with AT in prone or standing positions.

New gun holding animations for weapons!

And so on. wink.gif

(sorry about repeating myself, but the other topic got locked for a good reason biggrin.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (teaCup @ Nov. 20 2002,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PiNs_Da_Smoka: FW200 ignored the title of the original post, which was something like "Maya character animation kit". So, bad news: you can only animate your soldiers with it. If you want to animate something else, you would have to make changes to the script and the binary. It's not an all purpose animation kit. Yet.

You could try converting your Lightwave scenes into an intermediary format, then comvert them to .ma.<span id='postcolor'>

OW sry sad.gif I was so happy I just made a title...

Could a mod change the title (since thay can do that) into "Maya character animation kit" so there won't be any confusion?

smile.gif

I still think this tool is a milestone in ofp editing history smile.gif

Fantastic work, Teacup.

Finally I can make a soldier squat and take a shit.

Prospero

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 20 2002,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (teaCup @ Nov. 20 2002,09:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i was Major Fubar, i'd probably play it like Major Fubar.  smile.gif

For sure. When it is released and I have seen it in action, I will be the first to admit I was wrong... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And wrong you will be my friend. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (teaCup @ Nov. 20 2002,14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i was Major Fubar, i'd probably play it like Major Fubar.  smile.gif

The Internal Editing Group website run by Soul Assassin. Main page, just scroll down abit. Plus I've talked with Soul about the situation. So far he has an offer for free webspace from IEG I believe plus unlimited space and bandwidth from me if need be. Hopefully no matter what they will be back up and running.

gren

There's a misunderstanding.

"OFPInternals" and "Internal Editing Group" are not the same.

The OFPInternals website closed, and it's not due to hosting issues.

Glad i could halp Prospero. smile.gif