dyukqSh.jpg

Killing Grounds is an open map battle ground where players can go solo or group up and fight other players. Earn money and XP from killing payers or AI or from completing AI missions, then spend the money on better gear or a better vehicle and the Perk Points on Perks received from leveling up through XP.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/cvdW7

Features:

Highly customisable

Stat Save*

Group System

Perks*

Customisable Aircraft*

Capture Zone*

AI Missions*

Virtual Garage*

Vehicle saving to map*

Loadout Saving

Building Loot*

Safe Zones*

Spawn Menu*

Settings menu that saves between servers

* Could vary based on server customization 

Killing Grounds Client addon

Steam Workshop

Killing Grounds Server addon (Needed for localHost and Dedicated Server in addition to Killing Grounds Client addon)

Steam Workshop

Stratis Mission File: Steam Workshop

Malden Mission File: Steam Workshop

The server addon also has the mission files for dedicated servers as well as the BIKey.

• Like 4

Looks like a very tight package. :thumbsup:

I see there's a separate LootTable for Apex/Tanoa.....can DLC content, specifically Apex and Marksmen, be added to the default LootTable for spawn on Malden for instance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Looks like a very tight package. :thumbsup:

I see there's a separate LootTable for Apex/Tanoa.....can DLC content, specifically Apex and Marksmen, be added to the default LootTable for spawn on Malden for instance?

Yes you can add DLC or Addon weapons to the default LootTable. The default is there incase there is no LootTable set for the current map the server is running. For more information you can check out My enjin forum based wiki.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zkb1325 said:

Yes you can add DLC or Addon weapons to the default LootTable. The default is there incase there is no LootTable set for the current map the server is running. For more information you can check out My enjin forum based wiki.

Thanks, already bookmarked that wiki. :f:

Not sure if it's by design, but loot spawn seems a little aggressive....for instance, i can sweep through a town looting, but on a return journey back through the same town a few minutes later, buildings that i previously emptied have spawned loot again. Is this something we can edit?

Took a mission to Moray, on the small island far NW, but didn't see any AI.  :(

Overall this is really great, having a real blast on the Malden map.

20 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Thanks, already bookmarked that wiki. :f:

Not sure if it's by design, but loot spawn seems a little aggressive....for instance, i can sweep through a town looting, but on a return journey back through the same town a few minutes later, buildings that i previously emptied have spawned loot again. Is this something we can edit?

Took a mission to Moray, on the small island far NW, but didn't see any AI.  :(

Overall this is really great, having a real blast on the Malden map.

Yes you can adjust loot spawning in KG_Config.hpp Look for LootSleepTime and LootSpawnChance. LootSleepTime is the delay in seconds between each loot spawn cycle and LootSpawnChance is the chance for loot to spawn on a position in a building.

For there being no AI at the mission it could be because they died somehow or they could of ran off somewhere.

I'm glad your enjoying it, I'm hoping the mod will catch on and servers start showing up I have yet to play it with more then 15 players and that's only from when I had a friends milsim group help me test but most grouped together so not much action. 

• Like 2

Would it be possible to have the missions/mod NOT on Steam Workshop please?

1 hour ago, kremator said:

Would it be possible to have the missions/mod NOT on Steam Workshop please?

If you're talking about the actual mission files they are also located in the Killing Grounds Server addon. If you need help getting to them look at step 1 though first part of step 5 here in the guide.

If you're not looking for the mission files and just want to be able to download the mod from other than the steam workshop then the answer is no. Unless you have a good reason why because I would prefer not having to worry about updating the mod in multiple places then yes I can upload it to a dropbox.

Have downloaded and put it onto my dedi server.  Plays well.  I tend to play alone however.  Are there plans to add recruitable AI into the mission?

Are there also plans for wandering enemy AI / patrols along the way ?

30 minutes ago, kremator said:

Have downloaded and put it onto my dedi server.  Plays well.  I tend to play alone however.  Are there plans to add recruitable AI into the mission?

I mostly play alone too, so In the meantime, why not plonk down the Ravage AI module.....gives you roaming bandits, renegades and recruitable survivors, or if you feeling extra fruity add some Ravage zeds too.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kremator said:

There are no plans to add recruitable AI, while it's an interesting idea it would conflict with things like the group system and they probably won't attack any one at will because all the players are independent.

I didn't have any plans fro wandering enemy AI but it does sound like a good idea and I'll look into adding it.

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

I mostly play alone too, so In the meantime, why not plonk down the Ravage AI module.....gives you roaming bandits, renegades and recruitable survivors, or if you feeling extra fruity add some Ravage zeds too.  

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, and you want an object you can recruit AI from, Spyder Addons has a module for that.

While you can add other addons and scripts be careful of any that might alter how units and vehicles take damage mainly ACE. Also because the way the eventHandlers are added to the AI and vehicles any addon or script that creates AI or Vehicles will not reward the player for killing it.

There is a function I created to add multiple eventHandlers with ease and can be found here.

The function to be ran with a "HandleDamage" eventHandler on a Vehicle is "ZKB_Client_fnc_Vehicle_HandleDamage".

The function to be ran with "Killed" eventHandler on a vehicle is "ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_VehicleDestroyed".

[_newvehicle, [["HandleDamage",{_this call ZKB_Client_fnc_Vehicle_HandleDamage;}],["Killed",{_this call ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_VehicleDestroyed;}]]] remoteExecCall ["ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AddEventHandlers", 0, _newvehicle];

For AI there is a "Killed" eventHandler so the player can be rewarded for kill them.

"ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AIKilled"

[_solder, [["Killed",{_this call ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AIKilled;}]]] call ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AddEventHandlers;

I know some addons that add dynamic AI have the ability to run code on the units when they spawn so you can input the above.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zkb1325 said:

There are no plans to add recruitable AI

That's a shame.  It would be a great mission with AI.

11 hours ago, zkb1325 said:

[_newvehicle, [["HandleDamage",{_this call ZKB_Client_fnc_Vehicle_HandleDamage;}],["Killed",{_this call ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_VehicleDestroyed;}]]] remoteExecCall ["ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AddEventHandlers", 0, _newvehicle];

For AI there is a "Killed" eventHandler so the player can be rewarded for kill them.

"ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AIKilled"

[_solder, [["Killed",{_this call ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AIKilled;}]]] call ZKB_Client_fnc_EH_AddEventHandlers;

I know some addons that add dynamic AI have the ability to run code on the units when they spawn so you can input the above.

you should check out the addMissionEventhandler command and specifically the "EntityKilled" one. very useful to make things more modular for these kind of cases. can't do the handleDamage stuff like that though.

Sounds like a cool concept. You should consider to add more images and a short demo video to your presentation.

If someone records a longer play sessions, would be useful to have this linked too.

What is involved porting it to another terrain?

Would you be interested in a WW2 version?

Either done by yourself or in cooperation/assistance with us?

On 7/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, and you want an object you can recruit AI from, Spyder Addons has a module for that.

Also ,if you use MCC, you can spawn ai and add a "join as team leader" waypoint. Great for any "lone wolf" style missions where you feel some ai would be useful :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Also ,if you use MCC, you can spawn ai and add a "join as team leader" waypoint. Great for any "lone wolf" style missions where you feel some ai would be useful :)

Ah yes. Of course! 

Sorry for the delayed response i've been busy with other things.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:22 AM, bad benson said:

you should check out the addMissionEventhandler command and specifically the "EntityKilled" one. very useful to make things more modular for these kind of cases. can't do the handleDamage stuff like that though.

Thanks for reminding me that "EntityKilled" I have updated the Killing Grounds Server addon to now use the missionEventHandler for both vehicles and AI being killed. Like you said there is no such thing for "handleDamage" so that is still an eventHandler that is needed if you wish to receive a reward for destroying vehicles. The "handleDamage" eventHandler is needed for safe zones and to reward the correct person when the vehicle is destroyed because there are times you hit a jet with a missile but doesn't destroy it right away and ends up crashing.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:30 AM, .kju said:

Sounds like a cool concept. You should consider to add more images and a short demo video to your presentation.

If someone records a longer play sessions, would be useful to have this linked too.

What is involved porting it to another terrain?

Would you be interested in a WW2 version?

Either done by yourself or in cooperation/assistance with us?

Added screenshots to the original post and if someone records anything I'll be sure to ask them if it's ok to post it.

To port to another terrain is fairly simple but kind of time consuming. First you would want to move the playable units and everything that's directly around the playable units to the terrain you want to use and make sure to copy all the files from an existing mission except the mission.sqm to your new mission folder. You will want to edit the capture zones in Main Config file or errors could appear. Then if there are any custom buildings that you want to spawn loot in you will want to look at this guide. And last but optional is placing down mission modules.

If you're adding content from another mod like IFA3 then you will probably want to set up the gear to spawn in the buildings by following this guide. Then add gear and vehicles to the item config and then to the shop config which can get time consuming.

A WW2 version does interest me but I'm not interested in investing the time to do it, at least not any time soon. If you or anyone else want's to make a WW2 version or any other version (RHS, Unsung) then feel free too and I can include the mission file as part of the Killing Grounds Server addon with credit.

@zkb1325

Thanks for the detailed response and adding the screenshots. The (configuration) coding looks decent too.

Will let you know if we tackle a WW2 port.