ArmanIII

Long time to binarize *.wrp

Hi

I have created new map with these parameters:

Grid size: 4096x4096

Cell size: 10m

Terrain size: 40960

Satellite map size: 40960x40960 splited into four smaller tiles 20480x20480.

Satellite tile size: 1024x1024

Texture layer size: 80x80

Import of satellite textures was sucessfull, also convert and opening in buldozer was ok.

But when I tried to binarize exported wrp, binarize.exe stucked at converting and do nothing. CPU usage is 25% and RAM is 130MB. I tried it run for 2hrs but nothing, temp folder is empty. And binarize.exe do not show any messages.

Also tried run manually:

start "" /d "P:\" /b "d:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\binarize\binarize.exe" -norecurse -addon="P:\mytag" -textures=p:\mytag\TEMP\ -binpath="d:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Binarize" p:\mytag\MyMap\ p:\mytag\TEMP\mytag\MyMap\

Now I really don't know how to do...

Thanks for help.

pboproject doesn't show any errors at all? Try re exporting .wrp sometimes it gets corrupt

1 hour ago, RoF said:

pboproject doesn't show any errors at all? Try re exporting .wrp sometimes it gets corrupt

Unfortunately it doesn't show any error.

Reexport I tried, of course...

I tried rename folder layers and binarize.exe done the process, binarized wrp was created. But unfortunately there are a lot of errors due to missing satmap tiles.

But it is strange that with layer rvmats it can't done binarization.

Is it possible that satmap is too big (40960x40960) for RV engine?

Nobody has/had this kind of problem?

And when binarizing, the last line of log is:

19:11:31: [InitSoundMap] begin
19:11:35: [InitSoundMap] end

And then nothing.

Very poor solution to this is to lower satmap resolution to 20480x20480.

It looks like RV engine has big problems with high resolution satmaps.

Mine is 40960x40960 and works fine. Snakeman uses even bigger sizes and his work.

I think you need to start again by following a guide and ditch you batch script.

Today I created project again and it didn't help. Help is only to lower satmap.

About packing firstly I used Addon Builder but when I found that it dont finish binarization, I created my batch script to view output of binarize.exe

And on my another map, there is everything working right, even with my batch packing scripts.

Note: batch scripts don't have anything to do with binarization process!

Addon Builder doesn't make working maps, it will pack it even if your configs are full of errors. That is why everyone uses pboproject as it does error checking.

Texture layer should be 40x40

And I prefer mask tiles of 512x512 as it makes the sat map bug at the bottom of maps smaller

What is your CPU (frequency)? How long time does binarization took?

About 45mins.

Intel i5 4690

8gb Ram

I have i5 6300HQ, 8GB RAM

I changed parameters to this. Binarization now running for 6hrs and still nothing :sad:

You don't have any other folders in your tag\mapname? Should just be source and data.

Are you using pboproject? A few posts back you said about addon builder and scripts to view output. pboproject does all that for you

3 minutes ago, RoF said:

You don't have any other folders in your tag\mapname? Should just be source and data.

Are you using pboproject? A few posts back you said about addon builder and scripts to view output. pboproject does all that for you

Only 2 folders.

Yes, I'm using. Scripts was only for try.

If I use binarize from Arma 2 tools, process tooks about 40mins to complete. Loading map in the game is fine.

re bis binarise THREE

1)  processing paa files takes 6 minutes. processing png equivalents takes 6 years. get rid of them.

Use img2paa (if bis haven't broken it) or pal2pace to convert every single png/tga/bmp file in your project. delete the png/tga/bmp. (except of course the source\folder)

2) your command line for binarise is hopelessly 'wrong'.

you (and addon  breaker) have confused binarise as to where the virtual name space is;

binarise is in a forever loop reprocessing the temp folder inside your mytag\. Create a p:\temp folder or a p:\potatoes for all that it matters, and destroy p:\mytag\temp. it will come back and bite you later.

3) binarise is in another forever loop trying to deal with the contents of the source folder. there's nothing in there that's useful. move it somewhere else, or simply use pboProject to do all these messy things for you.

----

oh and congrats on your successful use of personal tools 2.5.1  A lot of people are going to run with that information and some more detail from you will help them. eg, cmd line, binpbo or  pboProject to achieve that miracle. I also use bis binarise 2 for arma3 maps (but for very different reasons).

• Like 1

On 25. 7. 2017 at 0:15 AM, mikero said:

re bis binarise THREE

1)  processing paa files takes 6 minutes. processing png equivalents takes 6 years. get rid of them.

Use img2paa (if bis haven't broken it) or pal2pace to convert every single png/tga/bmp file in your project. delete the png/tga/bmp. (except of course the source\folder)

2) your command line for binarise is hopelessly 'wrong'.

you (and addon  breaker) have confused binarise as to where the virtual name space is;

binarise is in a forever loop reprocessing the temp folder inside your mytag\. Create a p:\temp folder or a p:\potatoes for all that it matters, and destroy p:\mytag\temp. it will come back and bite you later.

3) binarise is in another forever loop trying to deal with the contents of the source folder. there's nothing in there that's useful. move it somewhere else, or simply use pboProject to do all these messy things for you.

----

oh and congrats on your successful use of personal tools 2.5.1  A lot of people are going to run with that information and some more detail from you will help them. eg, cmd line, binpbo or  pboProject to achieve that miracle. I also use bis binarise 2 for arma3 maps (but for very different reasons).

Thanks for help.

My batch script is working for my another project. There is also wrp and it is binarized in few minutes, so problem is not in batch script.

I tried what did you write but it not helped me.

Binarize.exe run for 2hrs and nothing. After 1.5hrs, RAM dropped from 140MB to 1MB, CPU 25%.

So, never mind, I will wait for update. For now, I use binarize.exe from Arma 2 tools 2.5.1.

Finally after a half of year I got answer - map cannot be binarized due to "Extruding hills and valleys" part. It freeze due to huge elevation changes / mountains in short distances.

It is very interesting that Arma 2 binarize.exe works fine but Arma 3 binarize.exe freeze...

More about it here

Hmm...ok. Thx. I miss the ofp days where you could find informations on the forum or ofpec instead of some super secret "discord channel" things that not even google is able to find :-(

possibly the biggest mistake we at ofpec made was donating our knowledge base to the bis wiki when arma came out. It split the audience.

73% of people at the time voted ofp a far better game than arma1 in two separate polls, one by ofpec, and the other by the very good czech site that i can't now remember. The result was interest in the community collapsed with no migration path for the thousands of missions, hundreds of addons, and dozens of island.  Ignorance is bliss.

discord is not a 'secret' channel, nor is the equivalent in skype. But you need to google them.