A protective vest is very 'expensive' to get, needing 6 XP points..

Once I obtained a slightly better rifle and scope, I spared my XP and took the vest.
To be honest, IMO, throwing away 6 XP for this isn't worth it.
I hardly notice any difference (off course it only counts for center mass hits).

What's your experience?

Hello ^^

Right now I'm a level 20. I have armor 2 and LMG 3 with scope 1.

It's simple. I'm a freaking tank. I can survive from a lot of bullets of low caliber. I rush the ennemy so most of the time they are shooting at my chest. So on the vest. After more than 100 hours of game. I can tell you this is very powerfull. However if you are against a high caliber. You are f*cked like you friend level 1 who is a guest XD. So for me it's more something you should use if you rush like a full retard to the KOS zone.

• Like 1

With the protective vest I, you stand ~50% more damage to the chest. I think its worth it. 

• Like 1

Vest is good, only main problem - random bullet to head 

• Like 1

Thx to all for your comments!

I'm lvl 8, but mostly don't play like a freaking tank :-)
When shooting from behind cover, it's your head that's most visible and vulnerable. 

But I'll however keep my protective vest ;-)

Is there also a noticeable difference between vest I and vest II ?

For best result of armor work, you must have good reaction. After the first hit, you must be able to quickly turn around, find enemy and kill him. All this for that period of time while your body absorbs the damage before you dead. If you can do this - vest your choice. 

Is there also a noticeable difference between vest I and vest II ?

as Locklear said  -> Light Vests are approximately 40% improvement over the basic ones. Heavy Vests are 20% improvement over the Light ones.

• Like 2

Armor 1 = 100% extra damage taken

Armor 2 = 200% extra damage taken 

Dont see how that aint worth it xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asys said:

For best result of armor work, you must have good reaction. After the first hit, you must be able to quickly turn around, find enemy and kill him. All this for that period of time while your body absorbs the damage before you dead. If you can do this - vest your choice. 

Yes, but that's not always easy, mostly I don't even know where the shots came from, even after turning around several times :-)
Result --> me dead 

The best armor is a bullet in the enemy's head.
But I took myself a light armor. "DMR 1 lvl" + "sight 3 lvl" + "light armor" and in clash mode you can withstand up to 4-5 hits. There's a long distance fighting and light armor can help in combat.

i do not know if this is anything like arma 3 but in arma you have protection lvl the higher the lvl the bigger the caliber it can stop so a normal vest might not stop dmr but a pistol for shure

1 hour ago, HDGames said:

i do not know if this is anything like arma 3 but in arma you have protection lvl the higher the lvl the bigger the caliber it can stop so a normal vest might not stop dmr but a pistol for shure

Currently the RV engine does not Support full body protection simulation, the current system is fake. So sad!!!

As long as a certain threshold is reached, damage will be always applied to the total HP pool and the current hit zone/body-part.

A player dies if the damage in total or on a body-part is > 1

So even with the best bullet proof vest in Arma 3 you will die by the worst pistol with a few shots to the chest.

That's why we us % to describe the protection of body armor.

In general its hard to describe the damage dealt by a gun in a single sentence ;)

With the new Arma 3 TacOps DLC (Fall 2018) there might be plans for full body simulation. (Similar to what ACE is doing atm)

• Like 2