Sign in to follow this  
OMAC

"Move to grid 000000"

Since 1.72 on main branch, as squad leader in a vehicle, I have been seeing this odd thing quite often lately, no mods loaded.  After selecting all crew members, or just the driver, when I point to somewhere on the terrain and select "Move to," I hear the voice command "Move to grid 000000."  AI driver doesn't know what to do, and the command often repeats, even after I order driver to stop.  Feels like it's in some code loop. 

This can easily be duplicated in editor.  Place vehicle with player as commander and start mission.  Click on a point on terrain, or on map, and select "Move to."  

Once crew is ordered to disembark, and then to get back in, the problem doesn't occur any longer, I think.  The issue may only occur when mission (in editor or from a savegame) is started with player in a vehicle as squad leader.

If someone else can duplicate this, I'll make a ticket.

I've seen this a couple times even before 1.72, but was never able to reproduce the issue. Usually it disappeared once I told the driver to stop or ordered him to a completely different place.

I don't remember having the issue until recently.  I repro'd it several times in a row today in editor (Stratis and VR). All tests took place in a Cheetah AA vehicle. Yesterday I saw the issue when in a Tigris while playing a Pilgrimage mission.

I'm always on the dev-branch, so it's possible that I've seen it before the official 1.72 release due to this.

could this be the issue?

Fixed: AI drivers would move to the corner of the VR terrain on their own 

from here

^^ Yes, I remember that fix.  Seems like that issue could be related to what I'm seeing now on main branch.

Edit:  BUT...I don't see that fix in 1.72 or hotfix changelogs.  Did that fix ever make it to stable branch?  

Ticket:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126245