Eogos

Can AI use the support modules?

Just wanted to know if anyone can confirm whether or not AI can use the vanilla combat supports if I were to set them up for them. For example, if I gave CSAT some Sochor artillery support via the artillery support module, would the AI use that against BLUFOR units they are fighting, including players?

To my knowledge, no.  Arma 3 vanilla support modules are only used by players, however, with Arma, where there's a will there's a way so if you'd like to learn how to get AI to call supports like that I'm sure it's possible if you'd like to dig deeper and get it done with custom scripts or mods.  

There are several mods that do this, AISS, FOA, ASR, Bcombat(I Think),Gods of War, hetman and Vcom. Gods of War and Hetman probably are the top tier. Its been a while sense I've made or messed with any mods. Maybe someone else will comment that's been using these the last year or so.

A support module is something like an action menu, triggered by a player. There are virtual supports and "real" (already existing units) ones.

For example when you call a virtual artillery, you spawn one on the module position and it fires on the place you point on map.

For an AI, this can be scripted, but you need to know at what condition you want the AI fires (some knowledge about enemies, type of enemies, distance...) replacing what a player could have on mind when he calls a support. Not really simple, but as far as you're no more in a "player" context, just AIs, no need to have a "brain" for order and a "leg" for support. Your artillery can fire on its own when the conditions are met...

So, just add some script to make your artillery fire on some targets when some conditions.

In the sites tab where you make Ai sites spawn I'm pretty sure they have other modules where they can call in help. 

I have used them in the past but can't remember if it was a mod or not. 

Was pretty cool in sp raiding a opfor base and having them call for backup then have a chopper land full of soldiers