Sign in to follow this  
PBR85

Win7 64bit: Arma 2 starts, OA not

Hi all,

i have a problem with my new windows 7 and/or arma. Set up a new 64bit Win7 and installed Arma 2 then Arma 2 OA after that. Now the problem is, that A2 starts normal but OA dont start at all. The progress bar goes to 80% or so and then freezes. In the taskmanager arma2oa.exe only loading 10-12MB into RAM and then stops. Checking files with steam dosnt help. My system is: i5 2500K 4,2Ghz, 4GB RAM, ATI HD7770 2GB VRAM. One 64GB SSD nad 128GB SSD. Win7 and Arma using now the small 64GB SSD.

Somebody knows the solution? Thanks.

Your PC is right for Arma 2/OA.

Check your EXPANSIONS window in the main menu of the game. Sometimes those kind of problems are inside that option because of the installation.

Installation:

1) Arma 2

2) Arma 2 OA

Executing first Arma 2 and later Arma 2 OA. Or try to execute from Steam using "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead".

I don't know why but these problems exist.

Are they 2 different games or did your purchashed the "Combined Operations"?

Btw i have the same OS like you: Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I have combined ops installed from steam. The problem is, i dont get into the game at all. The status bar goes to 80% and then stops. The oa.exe only loading ~10MB in the RAM and then stops. The normal arma2OA icon in the taskbar changes then into the default windows-icon for apps. Arma 2 starts in 1-2 seconds.

Never had that problem under win 7 32bit.

I tried it again. Reinstalled the game  and i have the same problem. Arma2oa.exe loads ~10MB in to the RAM and then freezes. So i tried the options like 640X480 PIxel or 256 colors and then i got the the error-message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

Looking in the Arma2OA-rpt there is a another message: Warning Message: '/' is not a value.

The whole text in the file is:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2017/08/20 16:40:06
Current time:  2017/08/20 19:04:11

Version 1.63.131129
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value

How i can solve it?