Ku2lmyt.jpg

It's Combat patrol, with Zombies. Do yo-do you get it, Zom-Bat? Like, it's a portmanteau of Zombie and Combat? Yeah, I know it's dumb a joke... in my defence, it's a pretty dumb addon, but I like it, and, I hope you too, gentle reader, will also like it. And if you don't, I'm going to hunt you down, and make you like it.

RIGHT NOW THIS IS AN EARLY BETA. While it is functional, there are bugs, there are balancing issues, and there are things that are have not been tested.

So, first things first, you'll need Ryan_D's Zombies and Demons. Click here for the BIForums link.

Right now, it's just a module, find it with the rest of combat patrol modules in the editor. It works exactly like the combat patrol init module, just plonk it down, and it does all the work. You'll probably want to add some of the zombies and demons configuration modules, to get the zombies working how you want.

In terms of content, it's basically just the same as the vanilla combat patrol, only you're up against zombies instead of discount Greeks or Spaceballs. The objectives have been slightly modified to fit the zombie theme (mainly just changed the strings), and I've added in some randomly spawned civilian vehicles, if you like the vehicle throwing mechanics from Z&Ds. More stuff is planned for the future (arsenal support, more objectives, more configuration options)

Theoretically this should work with any map, in practice, your mileage may vary. Generally speaking, if it's "like" Altis, or one the CUP maps (except the ArmA.1 ones), it'll probably work. The most important things are properly configured roads, buildings with properly set up interiors and properly set up towns/locations (though this is entirely necessary, as you can use the combat patrol "add location" module).

Known Issues:

1. Sometimes civilian vehicles spawn inside other vehicles, while the pyrotechnics do somewhat aid the whole post-apocalyptic feel, this might cause issues with the "destroy vehicles" mission.
  2. Sometimes the "destroy demon" mission completes itself. I'm not sure what's causing this, though I think it's caused by them running off the top of tall buildings or spawning inside walls. (Also happens with regular zombies, but, that's not really a huge problem)
  3. There may be issues with East or Resistance player factions, but that might also just be that I was hadn't set it up properly.

The main thing I'm interested in, in terms of feedback, is balance (personally I think it's a bit too easy right now, but I'm sure someone will disagree), performance (particular with a larger number of player) and how well it works with various community maps and addons.

Changes in Pre-2:

• Cars now have semi-random loot.
  • Time is now random, by default
  • Added a script to turn off streetlamps, but then disabled it because it wasn't working properly.

Download Links:

Pre1: https://www.4shared.com/archive/3XjKo2Awca/HSO_ZombatPatrol_Pre1.html (depreciated)

Pre-2:

4Shared

Steam Workshop

Edited by biggerdave
New Informations!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, biggerdave said:

discount Greeks or Spaceballs

Hearty chuckle at that one.

• Like 2

On 16/7/2017 at 0:03 AM, biggerdave said:

instead of discount Greeks or Spaceballs

Help me understand what this means?

Going to try and throw up an update later today, add some minor stuff and QoL fixes. Maybe see about getting my head around the workshop, and maybe put it on Nexus instead of 4shared (is there a reason no one uses Nexus?)

1 hour ago, Alex150201 said:

Help me understand what this means?

Discount Greeks = AAF, Spaceballs = CSAT (it's the helmets, see?)

It's a terrible throwaway joke that I'd be ashamed of, were I capable of feeling shame.

• Like 2

Nice job m8, i will take it for a spin in my group for sure.

As far as first impressions go it would be nice if future versions had a way of picking what kind of zombies will be spawned either through editor (preffered) or in-game (less optimal) as setting up Z&D modules differ wildly when planning on using walkers than fast zombies.

Cheers

8 hours ago, biggerdave said:

Discount Greeks

I'd never heard "discount ...." until I watched some CinemaSins ("Everything wrong with <insert movie name> in x minutes").  He has a thing about spotting crappy actors that look like famous actors, and calling them "Discount Bill Duke" or "Discount Kevin Spacey" etc.

Now I play "discount friends" when I'm out with one of my friends - if her or me spot someone who looks like one of our friends but crapper - then they're a discount friend too.

Good job on the module btw  :)

23 minutes ago, realcombatpl said:

As far as first impressions go it would be nice if future versions had a way of picking what kind of zombies will be spawned either through editor (preffered) or in-game (less optimal) as setting up Z&D modules differ wildly when planning on using walkers than fast zombies.

I'm planning on added a setting for predominantly slow (so, mostly Slow, Walkers and maybe Brittle Crawlers) and predominantly fast (so, medium, fast and maybe spiders) zombies - I'm not great with .sqf, but it should be able to be changed in the editor by just putting something like "HSO_ZP_FastZombies = 1" in the init field of the module, or in multiplayer lobby if the missions been set up for it (like using the more reinforcements/less reinforcements with the default combat patrol module)

There's already some code for alternating between Mediterranean and Pacific CSAT troops in the vanilla module, so it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it for this purpose.