17 minutes ago, gc8 said:

It's just a test mission, trying to get my self killed :)

Isn't it so with vanilla arma revive that you never die?

Here's an idea, how about make that dying/wounding a parameter?

revive allows you to be healed, with a bleedout duration. Respawn only manage the death. So, you can die even with revive, except if you limit damage by EH.

Another parameter just for that. I'm not sure I want to do it. I gave you the solution.

Note apart: I'm modifying a little bit the script to reset variables faster, for repetitive quick death. Nothing major for normal game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

revive allows you to be healed, with a bleedout duration. Respawn only manage the death. So, you can die even with revive, except if you limit damage by EH.

Right, I just meant that in vanilla revive you can't die instantly

Hey @pierremgi been away from arma for a while. I had a modified revive script that allowed the unit to never bleedout only stay unconscious until you were revived. I had it setup that the mission will end if a certain percentage of playable units when unconscious at one time and some other mission setups if every playable unit was unconscious the mission would end. Following multiple engine updates my modified script is not work.

In your script is there a way to turn off the bleedout time so the playable units will never die only the non playable units would die after a certain time is up. 

What is your thoughts is this possible with your script.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey @pierremgi been away from arma for a while. I had a modified revive script that allowed the unit to never bleedout only stay unconscious until you were revived. I had it setup that the mission will end if a certain percentage of playable units when unconscious at one time and some other mission setups if every playable unit was unconscious the mission would end. Following multiple engine updates my modified script is not work.

In your script is there a way to turn off the bleedout time so the playable units will never die only the non playable units would die after a certain time is up. 

What is your thoughts is this possible with your script.

The bleedout time is the time your unit/player stays unconscious. After that, usually, he dies and respawns depending on scripts and Arma settings.

If I'm right, you want to:

- kill non-healed AIs:  that's already the case if you apply the "heal & revive" module (or the present script of this topic),

- "awake" the player(s). Here, turning off the bleedout time as no sense, It's just like making players invulnerable (It's easy to do on your scenario). If you need something with bleedout (unconscious delay) and, tada, player(s) healed by charm, (like I do for SP because there is no other mean), it's something different but I'll not script for that.

Spoiler

As reminder, I wrote:

- for SP missions, in which units + player don't have any other choice than death,...

- for SP/MP, to allow any unconscious unit (that means unconscious state is possible by Arma settings or other mean) to be healed by poor minded AIs... perhaps. Usually players do what they want.

I wrote 2 modules (+ 1):

- "Ai can respawn", just to revive died SP/ MP units (no players);

- and "Heal & revive", to heal.. or let die unconscious units/player(s).

- ( a 3rd module:  "SP simple respawn" , for the player, lighter than the previous ones).

And I will not change this way.

Imho, it's important to keep the settings you decided for multiplayer in editor. These settings apply on players but, as you can note, on AI playable units also. As far as I know, you can apply a "zero second" respawn delay in 3den and enable the revive mode.

As I said, I'm not overriding these settings. On the other hand, that doesn't mean you never die/respawn. You're staying vulnerable.

Hey @pierremgi perhaps you don't fully understand what I'm asking. I don't design missions with respawns. I play with limited playable units. I had a modified revive script that playable units would never die they will fall unconscious but non playable AI units would bleedout if not revived after a set amount of time.  My missions would end mission failure if a set number of playable units were unconscious or somethings I would setup it up that the mission would end only if all playable units are unconscious ie last man standing.  I don't want the playable units to be invincible I want them to be injured and go unconscious but will never bleedout or die. 

Could you script be adjusted to do this. I feel this is a missed element that arma is missing for people who don't like to play with respawns or only one life.

@avibird 1   First of all, I never modified working scripts from other guys. Ask the author for that. I can just help, sometimes, on few wrong lines.

Then, as far as you're here in my own revive/heal system, I explained you I never override the settings in 3den.

Normally, It's just possible to let the non-playable AIs (not concerned by respawn system), never die while unconscious, with parameters for the healing action (in my script). I'm afraid, that doesn't match your goal.

NOTE: If you disable the MP respawn system (you can let the revive one), all your playable AIs can also fall unconscious for the bleedout delay you want (say huge) in my script. You can choose who die and who can be "healed" (unconscious), you can play with delays, you can even decided to have no medic at all by required medic trait + mediKIT... I could modified the script just for that but I don't want.

For the end of your scenario, leaving all dead or unconscious, you have to trigger something like counting and comparing:

{!alive _x or lifeState _x == "incapacitated"} count playableUnits == count playableUnits   (in MP of course)

EDITED.

Any updates on this one? I sometimes get the systemchat message about this script but the text goes away so fast in my mission that I'm unable to read it. Maybe if you put the text in .rpt also I could get back to you on what it says.

thx

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

Any updates on this one? I sometimes get the systemchat message about this script but the text goes away so fast in my mission that I'm unable to read it. Maybe if you put the text in .rpt also I could get back to you on what it says.

thx

Sure. That could help, if the text applies to the code (systemChat is for not enough units concerned by the script). I worked on the module version, so it's probably time for me to modify this script.

Anyway, the module will stay the latest and advanced version, compatible with some other modules (like AI can respawn and SP simple respawn).

1 minute ago, pierremgi said:

Sure. That could help, if the text applies to the code (systemChat?). I worked on the module version, so it's probably time for me to modify this script.

Anyway, the module will stay the latest and advanced version, compatible with some other modules (like AI can respawn and SP simple respawn).

the module version is addon?

7 minutes ago, gc8 said:

the module version is addon?

Yes.

Btw, the systemChat could indicate that there is not enough "bros" units able to heal each other, at start or in-game. Of course, if your array of bros, for what ever reason is limited to the player (or even empty), there is no chance to be healed by this script.

2 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Btw, the systemChat could indicate that there is not enough "bros" units able to heal each other, at start or in-game. Of course, if your array of bros, for what ever reason is limited to the player (or even empty), there is no chance to be healed by this script.

yeah it maybe I just didn't have medics at the time. So I guess that's not really an error message?

4 minutes ago, gc8 said:

yeah it maybe I just didn't have medics at the time. So I guess that's not really an error message?

Just a warning. you can disable it removing the 3 lines about systemChat in the script.

7 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Just a warning. you can disable it removing the 3 lines about systemChat in the script.

Ok. So you going to update this script? because I would like to keep my mission addon free...

32 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Ok. So you going to update this script? because I would like to keep my mission addon free...

I don't know when but yes. On the other hand, that will not solve your problem, if you have only one guy concerned by the script. If momentarily on scenario, no worry. If the player is a poor lonesome cowboy...

5 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

I don't know when but yes. On the other hand, that will not solve your problem, if you have only one guy concerned by the script. If momentarily on scenario, no worry. If the player is a poor lonesome cowboy...

Good to hear. and no problem there I was just wondering if there's going to be some kind of update 

Hello. I wanted to use your really cool project for my mission.
However, in single player everything worked fine, but in multiplayer the unit dies immediately without any neutralization process. I haven't solved this problem for quite a while. So, take an excuse and ask for a solution. It's too hard for me... This is the mission I tested.

I am not an English speaker. There is already a solution I want in your description, but I may not have understood it. And I'm not sure if my intention is accurately expressed in this article. I am not asking for patience in advance for my fault, but I would like to say that I did not write this article without any concerns :)

Thanks again and hope you have a nice day :)

Denied access on your link.

Anyway, I can say that, in MP, there is no reason for this script (or module) to change any damage (on units). So, if you play with units not really protected and powerful guns (any mod or Vanilla), these units will die as previously intended. So, the respawn settings are totally efficient as you define them into your mission.

In SP, I tweaked a little bit that to allow AIs falling in unconscious state (it's not implemented in Arma).

Thanks for the answer.
I think I need to gain more knowledge.
Hope you have a nice day 🙂

I'm having great fun with this script right now.  Tweaked it to recognize Prairie Fire first aid kits, and to use some Prairie Fire heal-related voice files.  Also made headshots fatal.  This is really great Pierre, I regret not trying it before.  It really adds to immersion.  Oh, I also added a loop to toggle setCaptive true and false repeatedly for medic, so he can still get shot while helping his bros.

• Like 2

Thanks. If you are using the modules, so yes, a loop can be added for disabling the captive feature of the medics (I think they can die in harsh combat anyway, by lost bullets and explosions). If you are speaking about this script (not so updated as I'd like) You can remove the setCaptive related lines.

• Like 2

Hi

I have some problems getting this script to work in MP with respawn. I don't remember anymore if it ever did work in my mission when I first started using it, so I have to ask if it's supposed to work in MP/respawn?

here's my init line that I run on all clients and Dedi:

[15,120,true,0,true,1,playableUnits + switchableUnits,true] call MGI_fn_Revive;

I put a medic in my group and do "player setdamage 1" but reviving doesn't seem to happen

thx!

player setDamage 1  literally kill the unit, but doesn't trigger the handleDamage EH, and you are straight in failed revive status. So, the revive script can't work. If you want to use it, play "normally": You  can blow up a charge... 😊

Same for MGI module.

Spoiler

Note: This code dates from 2018. Modules are updated. Always prefer modules. In this case, I don't remember if there are significant differences between script and module.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

player setDamage 1  literally kill the unit, but doesn't trigger the handleDamage EH, and you are straight in failed revive status. So, the revive script can't work. If you want to use it, play "normally": You  can blow up a charge... 😊

Same for MGI module.

Hide contents

Note: This code dates from 2018. Modules are updated. Always prefer modules. In this case, I don't remember if there are significant differences between script and module.

Ok I tried with handgrenade and had Combat life safer in my team but I don't get revived i'm in the respawn dialog

Edit: i guess the way this script works is that it doesn't allow the player to die and goto respawn dialog?

In SP, the player falls unconscious instead of dying. This allows to be healed by a Bro. If not, the player die. The only mean for respawning is to add the SP simple respawn module.

In MP, the 1st rule is made by your settings in editor for MP respawn/revive. If the player must die/respawn without script or module, the player will die the respawn as well, with this script/module. No change! The only thing is that during unconsciousness,  a "Bro" (AI or player) can heal you. That's also the case for playable units (as you can see they are also affected by MP settings in editor, at least they respawn)

The 2nd rule is that any bro can be healed at his turn (even if not playable). That means he falls unconscious instead of dying and can be healed during a slot time.

ok thx for the explanation pierremgi. maybe this script is not for me because I want to have two options, respawn or revive

thx!