This script is now entirely rewritten for better reliability in medic actions. I have to test some scenario before releasing it. Should be SP/MP compliant. But, I'm not sure to make a "server only" script.

Hello,

Sorry for being late at answer.

This code is totally reworked (today). Definitely it must run in each PCs. Why? Because there is a bunch of functions for make it work in MP, with "heavy processes" and timers, so it was not possible to broadcast a consistent situation on all Pcs without overloading the network. I'm open to any suggest but I have my limitations also.

On the other hand, the chosen arrays of "bros" (units who can heal each other) can be updated. (Say you have some JIP with the disabled AI in lobby, belonging to your group, or your side). Works also for spawned friendly units if you choose side or group. Only specific arrays of units are not updated: [bob,karl] stays as is.

I added also the revive hold action (as you can see in MP). Working for SP/MP on bros. But I kept your revive choice in your mission. In MP, if you have not allowed the revive, your player(s) will die as usual, before respawning as usual.

The medic choice is far more efficient.

So, right now, your game play will change. You need perhaps to adjust the timers and choose your bros if you want to balance the dead and the combatants.

The default parameters seems to me fine for 3 or 4 groups (each sides) in a heavy skirmish.

Things to do:

Perhaps, include the auto-heal for SP/MP unique player as I did for Malden Escape (somewhere in a thread).

I was playing around with this today and it looks really promising.

But I did experience a "bro" becoming invincible after being revived. I shot him about 100 times and then switched to Zeus and dropped a mortar on him with no effect.

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

I was playing around with this today and it looks really promising.

But I did experience a "bro" becoming invincible after being revived. I shot him about 100 times and then switched to Zeus and dropped a mortar on him with no effect.

Did he come from a vehicle (helo or else)?

Thanks, but I modified some lines after dreadpirate remark. I can't guarantee that you will not see anymore some unit temporarily invincible. It seems to appear when a medic was unconscious then revived then playing a healing animation within a short delay and receive hits (he is normally captive). So a bunch of conditions to occur.

Now, this kind of unit are killable again (or die) after the timers.

You can see some units never healed, if the assigned medic is killed and the revive delay is short (default). You can raise the bleedout time (2nd param) if you want an extra-chance for another medic action.

Now you mention it, I think the unit in question was a medic, so I think you've solved the problem. 

Looking forward to doing some more testing. 

Wow Your moving more quickly than I am at testing...lol.. Thanks again for the updates

Should be good for incapacitated medics (abort remaining animation healing and no more invincible).

Hey @pierremgi any chance of making it that when your down you don't lose control of the AI? Cause they don't seem to want to heal me when I am down. They heal each other very well just not me, unless I am not waiting long enough but I do seem to die before hand

1 hour ago, Rockapes said:

Hey @pierremgi any chance of making it that when your down you don't lose control of the AI? Cause they don't seem to want to heal me when I am down. They heal each other very well just not me, unless I am not waiting long enough but I do seem to die before hand

No, you're a wounded like another one. You can't be unconscious and give order. that's Arma engine and it's not too bad, imho. You can play with parameter (2nd one) for the healing (bleedout) time. The script remains open anyway for further modifications.

Modified some behaviors for AIs inside vehicles.

Hey Pierre

Since Arma update, I got this error rpt:

2:28:10 Error in expression <rLeft setDamage 0; wpnHolderLeft = nil; removeMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame",h>
 2:28:10   Error position: <removeMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame",h>
 2:28:10   Error Type Any, expected Number

Now when I'm down I don't get the incapacitated state and I die without any of my teammates even try to revive me. They heal each other though .

It's on my end or something wrong?

Thank you.

Hi man, It seems not linked to my script. I'm using EH handleDamage, not eachFrame one. If I guess the wpnHolderLeft is more linked to a second rifle on shoulder mod.

For my script I issued the version after your mission, but it was a typo concerning units in helo on ground. I intend to issue a new improvement giving priority to players when several units need to be healed at the same time (explosion is still messy).

btw, good job for your mission. You can improve some taxi helo specs (to land where you want,what ever the condition you jumped into it). I'll issue a new "taxi" script in few days.

Cheers

7 hours ago, pierremgi said:

If I guess the wpnHolderLeft is more linked to a second rifle on shoulder mod

Indeed there's one running..a script.I'm gonna try to disable it and see what's up.

btw, good job for your mission

Thank you..it's my first....although some reported some low fps and occasional stuttering. It probably need some clean up of the many scripts and files....which I don't know how..it take me all my knowledge to make them work....clean them up? Wouldn't know where to start without make a mess.

Also then I guess the snow terrain mod+snowing+spawning AI with EOS is not helping either. 

You can improve some taxi helo specs (to land where you want,what ever the condition you jumped into it)

Not clear what you meant here man. You can already land wherever you like: it's a click-on-map kind of thing...could you explain me better how to improve it?

I'll issue a new "taxi" script in few days.

:don12:

38 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Not clear what you meant here man. You can already land wherever you like: it's a click-on-map kind of thing...could you explain me better how to improve it?

:don12:

It was just a misunderstanding because, after boarding the Ghosthawk , the move to location and wait for instruction let the helo stationary on destination. So, I had to reopen the menu for dropping off my team. No worry.

2 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

It was just a misunderstanding because, after boarding the Ghosthawk , the move to location and wait for instruction let the helo stationary on destination. So, I had to reopen the menu for dropping off my team. No worry.

:rthumb:

Ok..by disabling the double weapon script, I got rid of the error popping up, but AI STILL don't revive me. I try to run the script either from the init.sqf with 

[]execVM "Scripts\MGI_fnc_AICareandRevive.sqf";

(Clearly after creating a sqf of the script)

But no luck....

..and also from a trigger:

condition: true 
on activation, the code

last line of code:default ([30,60,true,0,false,west] call MGI_fnc_AICareandRevive;)

What I'm doing wrong?

Hmm, not normal. The script above is tested in SP/ MP hosted. At least, you should fall unconscious. The healing is more complex, and needs extra-conditions like a bro unit within 200m. Do you have any other script for healing units (like ACE or other mod)?

What I suggest you is to recopy/paste all the code in init.sqf. Don't bother with an sqf or place it a mission root. The "calling" line can be in init.sqf either. You don't need a trigger for that.