Sign in to follow this  
aimgame

What ports to open for squad.xml ?

Can someone tell what ports should i open in the firewall to enable squad.xml stuff ?

Here's what i have already opened: 2302-2305, 3306, 80, 8080, 1080, 443, 50000-65000

But the squad is still not working on the server...(

27 minutes ago, aimgame said:

Can someone tell what ports should i open in the firewall to enable squad.xml stuff ?

Here's what i have already opened: 2302-2305, 3306, 80, 8080, 1080, 443, 50000-65000

But the squad is still not working on the server...(

You shouldn't need to open specific ports, as the Squad XML runs part of a website.

Well, the problem is that its not working when the firewall is ON and those ports are open.... If i turn OFF the firewall then all works fine and player's squads are loaded and viewed succesfully... So... i guess there're must be some specific ports...

2 minutes ago, aimgame said:

Well, the problem is that its not working when the firewall is ON and those ports are open.... If i turn OFF the firewall then all works fine and player's squads are loaded and viewed succesfully... So... i guess there're must be some specific ports...

Sounds like your web server isn't configured correctly.

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Sounds like your web server isn't configured correctly.

You mean web server where the squad.xml is ? Well its just a simple website and its not connected with the game server. 

1. Got a game server machine i.e.: 94.94.94.94

2. Got a website on some webhosting: www.site.com

3. The squad is here - www.site.com\media\squad.xml

4. This link with http ofcourse is typed in player's profile.

5. If i turn off firewall at my game server machine - players see their squad logos and texts in game perfectly.

6. If i turn firewall on and make rules for theese ports to open them: 2302-2305, 3306, 80, 8080, 1080, 443, 50000-65000 - player's squads arent loading at all...

try listing the arma64server.exe in the game server firewall as well as the normal ports

7 hours ago, terox said:

try listing the arma64server.exe in the game server firewall as well as the normal ports

Well actualy i did... i've created rules for armaserver_x64.exe and armaserver.exe and opened those ports in it.

So? Any thoughts about it? I've 7 servers... on different machines and different internet providers... and even different OSs... win10... winServ2012... And the problem is present on each one.

The rule for incoming connections for server exe - is for ALL ports...
The rule for outgoing connections for server exe - is for ports  2302-2305, 3306, 80, 8080, 1080, 443, 50000-65000 

why do you have rules for outgoing? try to turn them off
I have rules for both the binary exe and the ports for incoming (binary and ports have Seperate rules), I don't have any rules restricting outgoing 

Can you access your squad xml from a browser ?

example https://www.zeus-community.net/squad/A3/squad.xml

On 04.08.2017 at 5:07 PM, terox said:

why do you have rules for outgoing? try to turn them off
I have rules for both the binary exe and the ports for incoming (binary and ports have Seperate rules), I don't have any rules restricting outgoing 

Can you access your squad xml from a browser ?

example https://www.zeus-community.net/squad/A3/squad.xml

Yep, i can access it from a browser. Ofcourse if i turn rules off it works perfectly) But i need to find out how to make it work with rules! not without them)

If you really have to define outgoing rules then try temporarily disabling those rules so you can scan port useage to try and hone down on the specific rule you need

Options to do this would be

Netstat

https://tcpview.en.softonic.com (Allows you to check outgoing ports useage both TCP and UDP)

or failing that maybe wireshark

This is the first time I have ever seen a post on this subject, so maybe somewhere in your configuration, things have gone drastically wrong.

Please post back your findings though in case others have the same issue.

Another oddball issue might be your squad.xml itself. I had to rewrite ours over a year ago because it simply wasn't passing validation rules

• Like 1